024

Love Me... Again

TWO WEEKS AGO....

 

"MinJung...." her mom appeared in front of her room while she was sitting in her bed reading or looking thru some sort of book.

 

"Oh Umma..." she responded in a ver low voice then closed the book in front of her.

 

"Dear.... are you okay? You look really pale" her mom said as she sit down beside her. "Chanyeol said you haven't been really eating."

 

"I'm okay Umma. I just don't have the appetite" she answered while playing with her sheets.

 

"What are you reading?" her mom noticed it laying beside her. "Is that a book dear??"

 

"This?" she picked it up and held it tightly. "Ani. It's YoungMin's" she said giving it to her mom.

 

It was a photobook of YoungMin when she was young. Everything was there before the accident. The first time YoungMin met D.O. Their first mass, first communion, birthdays and every events. Her mom looked at it while she was tearing up. The last picture was the day of the accident. It was D.O and YoungMin together as YoungMin clung her arms unto D.O's.

 

"Then what is that??" her mom asked as she saw another one.

 

"This one?" MinJung picked it up. "This is mine".

 

"Can I take a look at it?" her mom asked and she nodded and gave it to her.

 

This time, it was her, the real her, MinJung. It was since she was young until she grew up. Her mom noticed that not until after accident that she actually have somebody with her, and it was D.O. For MinJung, her life began when D.O thought she was YoungMin. A few pages were left blank.

 

"Only until here?" her mom asked as she saw the picture of her and D.O just a few weeks before the incident.

 

"Neh... I was saving some of it for some more pictures and eventa until graduation, but I think it won't happen" MinJung slightly gave her Mom a smile then looked down. "This is all my fault" she uttered.

 

"No dear. Don't blame yourself. We all agreed with this" her Mom hugged her. "Stop blaming yourself okay?"

 

"But Kyungsoo.... He will not talk to me, ever" she said with her voice cracking a little bit.

 

"He will dear.. He will... Oh gosh... We're sorry for putting you through all this mess... I'm sorry my daughter... " her mom held her tightly and she started crying.

 

 

 A WEEK AFTER MINJUNG COLLAPSED.

 

"Are you really not going to talk to her??" Seungsoo barked inside D.O's room while he was studying.

 

"I didn't gave you permission to enter my room" D.O said coldly to his brother.

 

"STOP THIS NONSENSE ACTING KYUNGSOO!!" Seungsoo suddenly raised his tone.

 

"Then you should've stopped yours before we even knew it" D.O said. "You know I won't act like this if you guys didn't lie. I don't know how Umma and Appa forgave all of you"

 

"Stop pretending" the older respond.

 

"Pretend what?" D.O glared at him.

 

"I know you are still concered to MinJung. When she was inside that nurse clinic, you were there right?" his brother asked. "Don't ask how I knew about it, but stop pretending like you don't care about her." he said as he was ready to exit.

 

"Let me just ask you one thing"

 

"What?" D.O answered back.

 

"You were friends with YoungMin until the accident occured. Not even one thing ever since that day, you noticed any changes? or is it just you ignored it?" Seungsoo said as he look at his brother. "Think about it Kyungsoo. Don't make it hard. For your sake and also for MinJung" he said and continued exiting the room.

 

D.O turn around and was facing the table again. He took the photo album he had kept inside the drawer. He flipped the pages until he landed at the very last picture that he and MinJung had before the incident happened. He looked at it and touched MinJung's face on it.

 

"Why... If you had just told me the truth... Why??" he uttered as tears fell from his eyes.