Exo - Kai

Kpop One Shots


^^ IT WILL ALL MAKE SENSE - YAKSEOK ^^


 

"Come on baby, just one more push and you're done" Jongin reasured his wife - Jinae - by repeating the words of the midwife. Jinae pushed with all her might and soon enough the cry of a newborn baby filled her ears. Jongin kissed his wife on the forehead, whispering "I love you". 

The midwife took the baby to be weighed, whilst the newly-made mother rested her head on the pillow of the hospital bed. Jongin on the other hand ran out of the room, to where his band mates were all waiting to hear the good news. "Hyung" Sehun called, watching his hyung run down the hall towards them.

Jongin leant on his knees to catch his breath before exclaiming, "It's a boy!". All of his band mates cheered in celebration. D.O was the first person to hug him in congratulations, but that didn't last long as Chanyeol pushed him out of the way and clasped his hand on Kai's shoulder. "Congrats man" he cheered. The quiet sobs of Suho could be heard in the background, after all, it's not everyday he becomes an uncle. His sister has made him proud. 

"Mr. Kim, we would like you to fill in a few forms for the birth of your son" The doctor who had delivered his baby son had come to find him.

"Oh, right. I have to go" he smiled before following the doctor back down the hallway.

Back in the hospital room, Jinae had lost all of her strength, and wanted nothing more than to cuddle up to her husband as she fell asleep, but with the doctors asking her all sorts of questions, that wasn't going to happen any time soon. "Just this way please Mr. Kim" a doctor said as he entered the room with Kai. He lead him over to a table where the birth cetificate was laid out, as well as release forms. "So..." the midwife started, "...what are you calling him?".

"Jihoon" Jinae breathed out, "Kim Jihoon" 

______

"I can't believe they let you leave the same day you went in" Kai said in disbelief. Jinae looked to her husband who was driving. She couldn't believe how lucky she was to find a guy that was so perfect, and caring of her. Suho did the right thing when he introduced them five years ago. They fell inlove instantly, and it wasn't until Kai proposed two years ago, that she knew he was the one she wanted to have a family, and settle down with him. "You worry too much" she told him, twisting her head a little more to see their baby boy fast asleep in his car seat. He was wrapped up in a blue and white striped baby grow, clutching the teddy bear blanket that his uncle, had bought for him.

When the car pulled into the drive-way Kai immedaitely ran out of his side and opened up the door for his wife. "You need to rest. Why don't you go straight up to bed. I'll take care of Jihoon" he told her. Jinae was worried about leaving her baby, her motherly instincts kicking in, but she knew that Jongin would take excellent care of their baby. "Thank you" she thanked him with a soft kiss on the lips, and disappeared into the house.

"Ok buddy, come see your new home" Kai whispered to his son, as he unhooked the car seat from the car and carried him inside the house. Jongin took him up stairs to the nursery that was painted in a light baby blue colour. There was a crisp-white cott in the middle of the room, surrounded by cuddly toys of all kinds. A mobile hung above the cott - it played the tune to 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' when switched on. A big, cosy chair sat in the corner of the room, it's purpose was for Jinae; she was worried that she might have to spend all night in Jihoon's room with him, and wanted somewhere she could rest. Of course the other band members helped to decorate the room, and they wanted their help to be acknowledged, so Chanyeol took over a wall to paint a cartoon picture of them all with their names on it. 

 

Jinae and Jongin just laughed when they saw it, they knew that Chanyeol meant no harm, and that it was just a friendly gesture. 

Kai laid his son gently in the cott, placing a dummy in his mouth, and the mobile. He stood there for a few minutes, just watching over him.

 

He still couldn't believe that he finally had a family, with the woman he has loved since the first time they met, no less. "Sleep tight" he mumbled as he the baby monitor, and took it with him when he went downstairs into the livingroom.

"Baby?" he asked when he saw Jinae in the livingroom, lying on the sofa. He walked towards her, and perched himself on the edge of the sofa, facing the lying Jinae. Jinae grabbed her husbands hand, usig it to help her sit up. Smiling, she leant her forehead on his, "We did it". Kai gave his best eye smile as he slowly leant in to close the little gap that was between them.

"I'm so proud of you" he whispered, pressing his lips against hers, his arms slowly wrapped themselves around her waist, as Jinae's arms found their way to his hair. It wasn't as intense as the previous kisses that they had shared, but one of romance; it was slow and loving, but it didn't last long.

"Waaaah" the baby monitor wailed. Jongin pulled back and looked sparingly at the baby monior. 

"I'll go" Jinae spoke, "He's probably just hungry" she reasured Kai. 

"He was literally just fed when before we left the hospital" he whined. Jinae pecked his lips one last time before slowly ascending herself up the stairs.

When she entered the nursery, Jihoon was crying non-stop. "What's wrong?" Jinae cooed, noticing the dummy that had fallen out of his mouth. "Did daddy not put your dummy in properly?" she rhetorically asked him, placing the dummy back in his mouth. She left a kiss on his head and slowly and carefully shut the door behind her. 

"You're mean" Jongin bobbed out his tongue when his wife came into view. Jinae looked at him in confusion. To answer her non-verbal question Jongin held up the baby monitor as he imitated her, 
" 'Did daddy not put your dummy in properly?' I think you'll find that i can look after my son just fine, thank you" he told her, crossing his arms. Jinae didn't know how to react. Was Jongin really going to fight about this, now? 

"Yah, i was just joking" Kai pulled his wife to the sofa, hugging her as they both fell down. He kissed the side of her head as he buried his face in her neck. 

"I know you're going to be an excellent dad, Jongin" Jinae told him, her fingers playing with his head. "Come on, let's get some sleep before little man decided to wake up again" she suggested, so Kai held her close, keeping his arms firmly around her as they both fell asleep. 

"Waaaaaah! Waaaaaaaaaaaah" The baby monitor was going mental as Jongin woke up. Jinae was still sleeping as Jongin unwrapped himself from her and ran up the stairs to see what the matter was. 

Jihoon had dropped his dummy once again, but when Jongin had placed it back in his mouth the crying didn't stop. "Heeeey" he cooed, picking up his son, "It's okay, daddy's here" he told him, slightly bouncing him up and down. Still, the crying didn't cease. "Is it- Don't tell you have a full nappy already?" Kai asked him, slightly grossed out that he now has to change a nappy for the first time. He placed Jihoon on the baby changing table, and slowly un-did the nappy. "Huh? It's clean" he was shocked. "Come on, please don't cry" he almsot begged as his picked up his son once again. He sat down in the chair and started to rock back and forth. Maybe singing would work. 

"Baby don't cry, tonight..." Jonging started to sing. It may not have been his part, but he knew this song all too well. How could he not know the lyrics to his wifes favourite song? "...before the darkness passes by" Slowly, but surely, baby Jihoon settled down to sleep once again in his daddies arms. 

Downstairs, Jinae listened to her husbands singing through the baby monitor. She smiled to herself as his voice slowly drifted her into a sweet slumber.


AN: This chapter was requested by Macaroonssi (cool nam btw). I hope that this is the sort of thing that you had in mind. Thank you for requesting! Oh, and if you're wondering, i names the baby after Lee Jihoon (woozi from seventeen), he's the cutest thing ever! 
I'm sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes. 

 

As you can probably tell, i prefer him blonde ^_^