If Jin asked you......

Kpop One Shots

(Thank you to @ArmySelcaDay_ for giving me permission to use their tweets)

.......On a date.


"Well done guys. Keep it up!" My dance coach shouted. The end of the song was drawing closer and my lungs were close to burning.

Jin - my dance coach - stood at the front of the room, watching us all as we finished. Breathing in and out at the speed of light, I ran over to my bag and pulled out my water bottle. Gulping it down, I heard all the other girls run over to Jin.

"Oppa, how did I look?"

"Jin oppa did you see me!"

"Oppaaaa, you promised to watch meeee!"

I grabbed a towel out of my bag and wiped my sweat away, pulling my jumper on shortly after.

You wouldn't believe that these were grown up women, all trying to flirt with a 20 year old man at the same time. Of course he's tall, handsome, has the most perfect e- I'm getting way ahead of myself now.

"Okay girls, you were great today! I hope to see you all next week" The women surrounding him all squealed, chatting away to themselves as they leave the dance studio.

I pack my water bottle and towel away, and slung my bag over my shoulder. Turning towards the door I saw Jin sat on a chair, bent over his knees as his hands riddled his hair.

"Hey, um, are you okay SeokJin?" Walking towards him I saw the frustration on his face.

"Jin"

"Huh?"

"Just call me Jin. We've known each other a few years Hannah, you don't have to be so formal" he smiled at me. I instantly became hot and flustered at the sudden informality.

"Sure, er-Jin....Are you sure there's nothing bothering you, it's just that you seem a bit down" I pointed out. He stood up and walked over to the stereo.

"Dance with me" it was more of a statement than a question. The music was soft, and gentle. I smiled up at him and my bag slid off my shoulder, more than willingly. It was the music to my duet, but my partner was absent today. Luckily it was Jin that choreographed it, so he knew every move.

Our bodies danced gently to the smooth rhythm, and even though I didn't want to, I opened my mouth and asked once more, "What's wrong Jin?"

We danced some more before he replied, "Well, there's this girl that I've been seeing lately. Really beautiful girl, but..." he stopped to dip me down gently before gracefully pulling me back up, "....I don't think she's that interested in me".

My heart sank at his words, "What makes you think that she's not interested?"

"Well, she never really talks to me that much, even though we've known each other for a while. She never shows any interest in me outside of work either." The music carries on, and we moved like we'd danced together before. We hadn't, but that's how it felt.

"Have you ever tried asking her how she feels about you?" I asked him. It stung a little to give him advice on how to reach out to his dream girl. Some part of me hoped it would be me he was talking about, but I know he's been seeing someone outside of work anyway.

"Well that's the thing...." another dip, this time his right hand left my back and caressed my leg, lifting it off the floor a little.

That's not part of the routine.

My cheeks tinted pink at the small, yet intimate action. I tried to brush it off, but I had a hard time trying to hide my embarrassment.

"....I was thinking of asking her on a date. I just don't know how she'll react" he brought me up, our faces so close, yet nowhere near each other's.

"Just ask her" I told him as the music came to a quiet crescendo.

"Yeah....yeah maybe I will" he got excited as he went over to the stereo to turn the music off, and picked up his phone. My whole body deflated at the sudden loss of contact.

"I er, I'll see you tomorrow" I picked up my bag and ran as the cold rushed over me.

Throwing my bag into the back seat of my car I hit the steering wheel in frustration.

"WAE?!"

*Bring bring. Bring bring*

Without checking the call ID I picked up my phone and pressed 'accept', but before I could speak, a voice gasped as if out of breath;

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Go on a date with me?"


AN: this one shot isn't edited so apologies for any grammar/spelling mistakes.

Credit goes to ARMYSelcaDay_ for the inspirational tweet.

Don't forget to skip back two chapters to vote for a new cover image!!