EXO-M - Luhan

Kpop One Shots

Minyoung heard her mother screeching from the kitchen downstairs. She grumbled to herself, pulling the pillow over her head to try and stop the familiar sound reaching her ears. When would her mother realise that she didn’t need to be Minyoung’s wake-up call every single morning? “Mom! I heard you the first time!” Minyoung groaned, as loudly as she could, but there was no way she’d ever be as loud as her mom. No-one could ever be as loud as her mom.

Reluctantly, the teen hobbled into the kitchen, rubbing the sleep from her eyes so she could see the woman properly. She glanced at the clock on the wall and saw that it read “8:00AM” before looking back at her mom who, surprisingly, was already dressed and seemed as though she was heading out somewhere. “I’ve been called in early for work this morning; they need someone to cover the front desk.” Minyoung nodded, attempting to run her hands through her wild hair, trying to make it look the slightest bit presentable. “I guess I’ll see you later then.” she muttered, shrugging her shoulders lazily as the neatly-dressed woman kissed her forehead and strutted over to the front door, her heels clattering on the floorboards. She exited the apartment, peeking her head through the door briefly just before she left. “Do you think you can grab some groceries whilst I’m out? The fridge is pretty empty.” And before Minyoung even had a chance to answer, her mother had disappeared, her heels echoing in the corridor as she ran to the elevator.

“Sure, mom” Minyoung sighed, groggily rubbing her eyes as she turned and headed back to her room.

***

Around half an hour passed before Minyoung emerged from her room, brushing a fly-away strand of hair behind her ear and grabbing her jacket that hung from the back of the door. Their apartment was only a bus journey away from the nearest grocery store and Minyoung knew that if she wanted to catch one of the early morning buses, she’d have to get to bus stop quickly. She slipped on her boots and scampered out of the apartment, locking the door behind her, of course, and making her way to the bus stop opposite their block where she spotted a large crowd of people gathering.

In no time at all, the next bus arrived and Minyoung hopped onto the vehicle, flashing her student pass to the driver and searching for a seat at the rear of the vehicle. Glancing around, it seemed as though the bus would be pretty crowded this morning and it seemed highly unlikely that she’d find a seat to herself. Luckily, there appeared to be a free seat up ahead and Minyoung headed straight for it, sitting as soon as she reached the free space. A content sigh escaped her lips.

She started by fishing her headphones out from her pocket but, to her dismay, they weren’t there. “I must have left them at home or something.” the teen mumbled to herself, mentally scolding herself for being so careless. She peeked over the top of the seats in front and saw that the final few passengers were making their way onto the bus and searching for any free seats which were very few and far between. Minyoung turned in her seat, folding her arms across her chest and staring out of the window. The driver had just announced that one of the city’s most popular routes was closed this morning due to a severe accident and, so, their journey would still go ahead as planned but it would just be a little longer than usual. Minyoung scowled. “Dumb traf-“

“Do you mind if I sit here?” A soft voice caught her attention, abruptly stopping her sentence. She peered over her shoulder, spotting a boy behind her, gesturing to the free seat beside her. “Sure. It’s free.” Minyoung smiled, allowing her eyes to rake over the stranger briefly before darting back to the view outside. She heard the boy take a seat beside her and, out of the corner of her eye; she managed to catch a glimpse of his fiery red hair. ‘Unusual’ she thought, not pondering over the boy’s oddly-coloured hair for any longer. Though, it did seem familiar: Where had she seen hair like that before?

***

The bus’ engine roared to a start and the driver didn’t hesitate in making up for the time he’d lost due to the accident from earlier. The route was still closed but it seemed as though he’d been given instructions to follow a second route which would arrive a short time later. As they drove, Minyoung rested her head on the seat, her heavy eyelids threatening to shut every now and then. Recently, she’d been so transfixed on her studies that she’d struggled to get a decent night’s sleep. Her mother waking her early in the mornings hadn’t helped either. The stranger peered over at Minyoung, a friendly smile playing across his plush lips. Minyoung noticed that he wore shades and throughout the entire journey, refused to take them off. “Tired?” he queried to which Minyoung could only nod in response. He chuckled softly to himself before bringing his hands behind his head to prop it up. “I know the feeling.”

It wasn’t that Minyoung was an unfriendly person and didn’t want to talk to the stranger. Her weary state just didn’t allow her to. No sooner had she shut her eyes, she’d drifted off to sleep, completely ignoring the boy sat beside her. As she snoozed, he would glance over at her occasionally, a smile stretching across his lips when he spotted the familiar symbol printed onto the side of her bag. It looked almost like a school badge, except the word ‘wolf’ was centred in the middle, ‘88’ printed beneath it. Of course, Minyoung never saw this, nor the way he gently proper her head upwards when it fell to the side. He didn’t want her to hurt herself as the journey was pretty bumpy.

The bus drew to a halt once it reached its original destination, only 45 minutes late. Minyoung, however, was still asleep, a soft snore escaping her lips which the stranger found oddly amusing. Chuckling to himself, he nudged the female’s side with his elbow, urging her to wake up. “Hey, we’re here now, sleepyhead.” Minyoung stirred, groaning as she forced her eyes open, trying to make sense of where she was. She turned to face the stranger who had woken her just as he was jumping to his feet. She wanted to thank him for waking her and also apologize for her rudeness but, as she parted her lips to speak, her cellphone rang. The familiar tune of EXO’s most recent single could be heard and a light blush stained her cheeks as she reached for her phone to stop it. Eventually, she fished the device out from her pocket and answered the call, holding the device against her ear when the stranger suddenly said one last thing before slipping through the crowd and exiting the bus.

“I like your taste in music.” he chuckled, raising his shades for a brief moment and throwing the girl a playful grin. And that’s when it suddenly dawned on her. Park Minyoung had been sleeping next to EXO-M’s Luhan for the entire bus journey.

She sat there. Frozen. Mouth agape as she watched the handsome male exit the bus, most likely never to be seen again.
 


JILBSLA here^^
This oneshot was requested by:bibimaknae
I hope you enjoy it and feel free to leave any comments.
Thanks~