EXO-M - Chen

Kpop One Shots


Eunhye stepped out of the steaming shower room, wrapping her towel around her hair in a precarious fashion until she had successfully covered every inch of her silky, dark locks. She padded back into her room where she immediately hopped onto her freshly-made bed, kicking off her slippers as she did so. A swift glance at the clock informed her that it was just coming up to 10:00AM and she already knew she was behind schedule. As usual. In fact, she had promised to meet her best friend Minsoo at the bowling alley today where she had organised a small surprise party for her boyfriend as it was his birthday. Or something like that. Eunhye scratched her smothered head, she wasn’t entirely sure why Minsoo had wanted her there again. ‘Maybe I should just tell her I’m not going,’ Eunhye thought to herself as she fell back onto her bed, eyebrows furrowing as the questions rocketed through her mind. Her arm tentatively reached out to the bedside cabinet where her phone lay and, as if by some strange means of coincidence, began ringing. One strained stretch and the phone was in her hand and then just as quickly by her ear.  “Listen Minsoo, I’m so sorry I won’t be able to make it lat-“

“Eunhye, this isn’t Minsoo,”

Immediately the female straightened up, eyes widening slightly at the deep voice that resonated from the other end of the phone. ‘Definitely not Minsoo, she thought with a giggle, cheeks reddening, even more so when the speaker insistently called out for her. had gone dry all of a sudden. “Eunhye, “ A pause. “Eunhye! Is everything alright?” Another pause, this time half as long. “Eunhye seriously, answer me please!” The voice pleaded, a childlike whine slipping the owner’s lips after they’d spoken.

“Sorry, sorry! I’m here now Chen. I was just a little- Nevermind, “ Eunhye mumbled, clearly flustered. She wanted to change the topic as quickly as possible and decided the best way to do it would be to ask Chen something. Anything. “So, what’s up Chen?” she queried, the embarrassment having disappeared now only to be replaced with sheer curiosity. It wasn’t uncommon for Chen to ring her since they were pretty good friends but what intrigued her most was the slight shake attached to his words she’d happened to notice when he began speaking. It was unusual for Chen to be this... nervous, it seemed.

“I was wondering whether you wanted to go out tonight with me. I heard there’s a new sushi bar opening nearby and we could go check it out if you want,” he started, a slight raised tone finishing his sentence. He clearly wanted her to join him tonight. Luckily for him, Eunhye found it rather difficult to refuse his offer – she was an avid fan of sushi and he’d obviously remembered that from their previous visit to a sushi bar. She chewed her lower lip as she pondered over her response, eyes darting to nowhere in particular around the room, just something she could focus her attention on rather than the expect breathing heard at the other end of the phone.  “You know what Chen, I will join you tonight, I think it’ll be fun,” Eunhye finally said after a strenuous minute of waiting, for Chen especially. “Thanks Eunhye, let’s meet at seven,”

***

“This place has impressed me so far tonight,” Chen mused before taking a sip from his glass, eyes locked on the dazzling mistress sitting opposite him. In all honesty, Eunhye looked so beautiful tonight that he couldn’t keep his eyes off her. Her coffee coloured locks had been expertly curled and now tumbled down her left side, covering her milky skin which was exposed by the strapless gown she’d chosen to wear tonight. The gown was a brilliant crimson colour, perfectly matching Eunhye’s lipstick which she had to occasionally wipe off her glass in embarrassment whenever she took a sip. Of course, Chen found her actions sweet and endearing and longed to hear that whimsical giggle of hers. He really was smitten tonight; so much so that it took Eunhye slapping him on the shoulder to pull him away from the beautiful reverie he was experiencing. “Oh, I’m sorry,” he started sheepishly, slouching so that his neck fell back into his shirt collar. “What were you saying?” Chen mumbled, his gaze dropping to the table in shame.

Fortunately, Eunhye didn’t appear to be too irritated and merely repeated what she had said before, stating that the restaurant had come as quite a surprise to her and she was overjoyed with the service they had received. “And this sushi is just so delicious,” Eunhye finished, a soft moan slipping her lightly-glossed lips as she popped another Californian roll into , chewing on it happily. She then reached forward to swipe the final roll with her chopsticks when Chen’s chopsticks suddenly intervened. She shot him a playful glare as he held her chopstick firmly to the plate with his own. “You’d better move, you don’t want to mess with a hungry Eunhye,” the female teased, poking her tongue out at him before making a start on moving her chopstick from beneath his. She tried stretching her forefinger outwards and flicking his hand with it but it was a failed attempt. Even trying to distract him by pointing behind him didn’t work, his gaze stayed locked with hers. “Alright, alright, you can have the final piece,” Eunhye sighed in an overdramatic fashion, throwing her chopsticks across the table in defeat. She folded her arms childishly as she watched the dark-haired boy daintily pick up the final Californian roll. However, instead of placing it in his own mouth, he reached across the table with it balanced precariously in his grip. “Open wide,” he commanded, to which she did, and then popped it into . “Of course I wasn’t going to eat it,”

Eunhye munched happily on the final sushi piece, claiming it had been the most delicious the entire evening to which Chen merely threw her a playful smirk. Eunhye stared at the empty plates littered across the table before her gaze drifted to Chen opposite. She sighed happily. “So what did you want to do now?” she asked, the words having escaped her lips for a mere moment before Chen suddenly leaned forward. He blinked slowly and took a deep breath. He reached out for her hand and took it in his, clasping it gently. “I really wanted to tell you something tonight, Eunhye,” he started. “I’ve really liked you for a while now, actually for almost a year I think. I think you’re beautiful, smart, funny and just adorable,” His cheeks began warming as the words spewed from his lips and he paused for a moment to regain himself. However, once he opened his mouth to speak again, Eunhye was quick to remove her hand from his grip and use it to cover his mouth. She sighed, this time unhappily. Her gaze fell to the floor.

“Chen, before you continue, I just want you to know that I don’t think you should be wasting your time on someone like me,” she muttered quietly. “Right now, I’m not interested in dating. It’s just too difficult for me and especially guys who are younger than me. I’d rather you forgot about me and found someone else who’s going to love you because I can honestly tell you now that I don’t want to date,”

Eunhye’s monologue was finished and Chen was silent. His eyes were moist and his hands retracted beneath the table. A single tear slipped onto the table as he handed her the cash needed to pay for the meal before he got to his feet. He sighed heavily and gave her a short, courteous nod before saying, “Thanks for coming out with me tonight, Eunhye,”. He then turned and stalked out of the sushi bar, alone.


JILBSLA here^^
This one-shot was requested by:exsuho1004
I'm so sorry you had to wait such a long time for it but I hope it's just how you imagined it!
Of course, if you want it changing, just let me know!
Enjoy~!