Fahrenheit - Wu Chun

Kpop One Shots

Jacquelyn hadn’t spoken all day. Nor had she moved, in fact. Attached to the sofa all day, the petite female’s dark orbs had been glued to the TV screen, multiple episodes of Running Man continuously running ever since Wu Chun had irritated her this morning. Several times throughout the day he’d tried to make it up to her; occasionally, he’d brought her a mug of hot chocolate or insisted that they should take a walk together. Jacqueline had ignored him though, each and every single one of them.

***

“I’m sorry, Jacquie. I really am but this is going to be one of the most important meetings of my career so far!” Wu Chun urged, his lips forming a thin line when he was faced with Jacquelyn’s response, a silent response. She stood, motionless, arms folded across her chest, eyebrows knit together in a frown. “But it’s our 1-year anniversary. I thought you would have at least held-off any meetings or photo shoots or whatever just for today.”

A sigh escaped the female’s lips and her gaze fell to the ground. Wu Chun placed a hand on her shoulder, squeezing it gently in a weak attempt at reassuring her that everything would be alright – like he always promised. But Jacquelyn didn’t want reassuring. She slapped his hand away from her, chewing her lower lip, silencing a feeble sob to slip her lips. “I understand if your work is more important, Wu Chun.” She mumbled before turning on her heels and heading into the living room of their shared apartment where she planned on spending the remainder of her wretched day.

***

Her stomach growled angrily for the umpteenth time that evening. The sun had set already and an icy chill would come and go every so often. She wrapped the blanket tighter around her small body and brought her knees up to her chest, practically sitting in the foetal position with her eyes glued to the screen. Wu Chun was usually the one to prepare dinner, especially on a night like tonight. The thought made her sigh. She glanced over at the calendar hanging above the fridge, a large heart scrawled around the date, a huge ‘1’ in the centre. If only they felt the same as they did when they’d both decided to doodle the adorable picture onto the calendar.

“Do you feel like eating, Jacquie?” The sudden appearance of the voice made her jump slightly in her seat. Her eyes widened briefly before she peered over her shoulder at the boy standing behind her. Though, what surprised her more was the large bundle of white flowers he had clutched in his hand. “If you think offering me flowers is going to make up for what you-“

“But they’re hydrangeas.” Wu Chun chuckled softly, picking one of the crisp flowers from the bunch and slipping it behind his girlfriend’s ear, a smile gracing his lips as he did so. His fingertips trailed her jaw line, brushing past her porcelain-like skin daintily. Jacquelyn couldn’t help but smile, her fingertip retracing the very path his had taken.  Hydrangeas were her favourite flowers; his first gift to her had been a bunch of hydrangeas. White hydrangeas actually.

Timidly, she accepted the gift from him, throwing him a soft smile before she brought the flowers closer to her face, inhaling their wonderful scent. “I guess I’m a little hungry.” Her stomach growled almost immediately, backing up her statement. A nervous chuckle escaped her lips and she bit her lip in embarrassment. “I think your stomach answered that one, you know.” Wu Chun bemused, offering his hand to her, which she took gladly. “Follow me. I have something to show you.”

There he was again, up to his old tricks. Wu Chun was known for his surprises, a sort-of mysteriousness which Jacquelyn had fallen for the moment they’d first met. Boy, did that seem like a long time ago now.

Anyway, Jacquelyn followed her boyfriend into the room opposite, clutching his hand tightly as their fingers laced together. There was no way either of them were letting go now. The room she had been led to happened to be the dining room. However, it most certainly wasn’t the dining room Jacquelyn remembered it to be. The dining room table had a huge cream cloth draped over it with a selection of white and silver candles centred in the middle of it. Here, more rose petals were scattered along the length of the table and a shy scent of vanilla washed over her when she took a step closer. “You know how much I love the smell of vanilla?” Jacquelyn asked rhetorically. Of course he knew, he was her boyfriend after all and they had been in a relationship for a year now.

“Is this really all for me?” she asked, bewildered still as Wu Chun urged her to take a seat at the table by pulling a seat out for her. Once she had sat, he did the same beside her, taking her hand in his and squeezing it tightly. “Of course I did. You said you were hungry, right?” A smirk tugged at the corner of his lips, his mischievous gaze hidden by his fringe which had fallen across his eyes. Jacquelyn rolled her eyes in a playful manner, reaching upwards and shifting the hair aside so she could now see the mischievous glint in his eyes. Smiling, she trailed a fingertip along his jaw line tenderly and giggled beneath her breath. “So what are we having for dinner, kind sir?” she queried, earning a wink from the boy due to the nickname she’d given him.

That was when Wu Chun rose to his feet again. He placed his hand in front of his abdomen and bowed ever slightly. “Today I thought we could start with a favourite of yours,” he began, clapping his hands together. Out from the kitchen came two smartly-dressed males, each carrying large silver trays, a lid covering each one. He continued to introduce the meal, raising his arms so that the waiters knew when to lift the lids from the trays. Revealed to her was a circular, porcelain bowl, a variety of seafood filling it and several slices of bread laid beside it. “Seafood is your favourite, right?” Wu Chun chuckled. “So to start off with, I prepared a seafood salad for you. I hope you enjoy.” And with a final nod and a curt nod to dismiss the waiters, Wu Chun resumed his seat and began eating his starter.

For sure, Jacquelyn had not been expecting this. Her eyes widened when she saw the colourful plate bestowed upon her and she didn’t hesitate in taking the first bite. The food definitely didn’t disappoint. Wu Chun’s cooking really was outstanding and with each bite came a mixture of delectable and tantalising flavours. But, of course, the wonderful food wasn’t just limited to the starter. The seared tuna steak for their main course was cooked to perfection, the zingy flavours of lemon and chilli filling . “Where did you learn to cook like this?” Jacquelyn asked, baffled as she ate the final portion of the steak, smacking her lips together in appreciation.

“Well I knew it was going to be our special day soon so I practised. A lot.” the boy admitted, chewing his lower lip with slight embarrassment. Boy, he looked so adorable when he did that. Jacquelyn straightened a little before leaning over the table and locking lips with the boy she loved. Their kiss was short yet tender and when Jacquelyn pulled away she couldn’t stop the smile spreading across her lips. She ruffled the boy’s hair playfully before stealing another swift kiss. “So what’s for dessert?” she mumbled, lips brushing past his, a giggle slipping her soft lips. 
 


Hey JILBSLA here^^
This one-shot was requested by: JASDCV 
I hope you enjoy reading this one-shot and I hope I've successfully written about Wu Chun!
It was a fun one-shot to write and thank you for requesting through DM!
If there's anything you don't like or want to change, just let me know!
Enjoy~!