Exo - Luhan

Kpop One Shots

 

AN: You will understand why lay is there in a few seconds and I know Lay is younger than Luhan, but i just made him older for the purpose of the story, mian if it kills the reality of story.


*Luhan POV*

Pessimism

Pessimism is the tendency to expect the worst in everything. A pessimist in love is a person that is sure that there must be something wrong with the person to love them back.

That's what i am; Pessimistic. It's not that the thought of a girl is revulting to me, but the fact that if a girl does like me, there just has to be something wrong with her. 

I get teased by my older brother Lay because i'm apparently 'too girly'. At first, i didn't listen to him, because to me, i was the most manliest guy ever, but over the past few years it drummed it's way into my brain and hasn't left since. As if any girl would go out with someone who is - and i quote- "pretty than them". 

As for the 'Tendency to expect the worst in everything', i've been doing that since i was little. I remember one time, my friends Xiumin and Chen were going to audition for the school play, they wanted me to join in aswell, but how could i when a voice in the back of my head was constantly telling me that i would fall flat on my face during the performance and ruin it. 
For the last six years I've been playing it safe, doing only the things that i saw fit enough to do. I've stayed away from girls, despite the few confessions i have recieved. Life isn't exactly a thrill for me; i only have my small group of friends and i don't go out much. 

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

*Cho Xiao Yu's POV*

I'm not going to lie, i get nervous when meeting new people, and today is my first day at a new school. I'm not pessimistic or anything like that, i just get really awkward and have been known to create an awkward atmosphere in a room full of people.

"Have a good day at school Xiao Yu, if you have any problems, just ring me ok?" māma told me as we walked towards the front gate of my house. 

"i will don't worry māma" i said as i gave her a kiss "bye bába" i waved to my dad who was standing in the door way. 

"It's your first day Xiao Yu, be careful" and with that my mom and dad bid me goodbye as i walked down the road towards my new school for the first time. 

*Luhan POV*

"Bye mom, bye dad" called Lay before we left the house, hearing faint 'Good bye's ' from our parents who were in the kitchen, eating their breakfast. 

"Dude, did you see Jia the other day...she totally has a crush on you" Lay spoke up.

"Yeah right" i retorted. As if the cutest girl in my class had something for me...she's probably hit her head too hard. 

"It's true, i've seen the way she looks at you. Man, you got to snap out of it, i was only joking when i said you were prettier than any girl i have ever met. Don't listen to me, it was just a stupid joke" he spoke again. I looked at Lay in disbelief. 

"After all these years, i can't help but feel that way." i told him before walking ahead of him, passing our new neighbours house where a woman and man where waving off their daughter to school, although was already half way down the street.

_-_-_-_-_-_-

*Xiao Yu's POV*
"Class, today we have a new student. Please introduce yourself" Mr.Xi gestured towards me.
My brain froze *Speak..Speak!* my innervoice exclaimed.

"Is she mute?" whispered one girl.

"Awkwaaard" exclaimed a boy.

"N-ni Hao" i introduced myself.

"Ok Xiao Yu, you can sit at the back next to Luhan." Mr. Xi pointed to an empty seat next to a cute looking boy. He has light brown hair and the cutest eyes i have ever seen.
 

"Yes sir" i said as i made my way to the seat, hearing small whispers as i go. 

"Oh great" whispered one girl.

"Now we have the awkward one and the pessimistic one." huffed a boy.

"Woah, this class is really something" mutteres another sarcastically.

I slowly sat down next to Luhan and decided to greet him.

"Ni hao" i greeted my seat mate with a smile and held out my hand.

"o-oh, errr, ni hao" he said looking at me hand as if it was an alien.

*Can i be anymore awkward?*

"It's o-ok" i said as i pulled my hand back and stared out of the window in total embarassment.

*Luhan POV*

*Cute* i thought. *Huh, did i really just think she was cute.*

_-_-_-_-_-_-

"So what do you think?" asked Lay as we walked home from school.

"Of what?" i asked him.

"Xiao Yu. Your new seat mate" he reminded me.

I gave it a few moments thought before letting out a smile and nodding my head "She's...ok" i replied.

"Ok?" asked Lay, a small smile creeping onto his face.

"Hmm" i answered, nodding my head.

"That's the best thing i've heard you ever say about a girl!" he exclaimed, going to hug me. I moved a little to the left, leaving Lay to hug the air. "hehe" i chuckled as Lay stood there in disbelief.

"Yah Dongsaeng!" he cried. 

"Dongsaeng?" i asked as we started to walk again. "I don't know if you noticed but we're in China dear brother, not Korea." i teased.

"Yeah i know, but my Korean friend Kai was teaching me Korean words on Skype" he beamed, now thinking he was bright because he knew a korean word. 

_-_-_-_-_-_-

*Luhan POV*

I set my bag down next to my bed and placed my homework on my desk by the window. There wasn't much of a view from my window, considering my room is on the side of the house. I can literally see straight into the room of my neighbour. 

I started to do my homework, and after i had finished the first set of maths questions i looked up to stretch my neck. I looked out of the window and saw "Xiao Yu?" I slowly opened the window, having no idea why because i know for a fact a bird is just going to fly in and ruin the place.  

Xiao Yu looked up from her desk aswell, and opened the window when she saw me. "O-oh, Ni Hao" she smiled.

Our windows are literally a meter away from each other, so we don't really need to speak that loud.

"Ni hao" i blushed. *Blushing??* i patted my cheeks a little.

"T-this is going to sound awkward, and it's ok if you don't want to, but could you help with the maths questions?" she asked as she blushed whilst holding up the sheet of questions.

"Which one?" i asked.

"Number 4" she replied sheepishly. I looked down to my sheet and tried to think of a method that would help her to understand.

_-_-_-_-_-_-

"Xie-Xie" thanked Xiao Yu as she bowed her head.

"No problem" i smiled. 

After she had gone i quickly shut my window and close the curtains. Letting out a shaky breath, i sat on my bed. "Well, no bird flew in" i mumbled, sighing in relief. 

*Lay POV*

That girl has no idea what she's doing. My younger brother is finally starting to change, even after a day. He usually hates opening his window. He once said that if he opened the window, a flock of birds would fly in and wreck his room, and even peck at his face. I couldn't wait to be alone and laugh my off when he told me. 

Xiao Yu is an awkward girl herself. Watching her introduce herself this morning was so cringey, but she's just like Luhan... in a way. I know they're going to help each other for the better. My little brother has deffintely found someone special here. 

_-_-_-_-_-_

*Luhan POV*

The past few months have been quite strange. I have started to open up to Xiao Yu, and i have no idea why. Xiao Yu has also become more confident when talking aswell, and we have somehow become less awkwards with each other.

"Come on gege, you'll love it" whined Xiao Yu.

"But wha-"

"You always ask about the 'What if's' just do it." Xiao Yu kept whining.
"bu-"

"It'll make you look less girly" she sang.

I suddenly straightened up and coughed to clear my throat. 

"I-i'm not girly. B-but, if you want me to d-do it, i'll do it" i replied.

"Jincha!" she exclaimed, smiling.

"You have to stop hanging out with my brother" i mumbled as she dragged me into the hair dressers.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 


"How is it?" i asked Xiao Yu. She just looked at me, and smiled. 

"Xiao yu" i called her name. She finally came to her sences and started to blush. "How does it look?" i asked her once again. Again, she didn't answer me but just blushed and looked away.
I gave up asking her and turned to face the mirror.

*GASP* "I look like a completely different person" i gasped, looking at my now completely blonge hair. It was styled upwards. 

"Xiao Yu, Xie-Xie" i thanked as i hugged her. After a few moments i realised what i was doing and pulled back slowly. 

"L-Luhan" whispered Xiao Yu as she looked me in the eyes.

"T-that's the first time i've ever hugged someone without giving it thought" i exclaimed, amazed at what i had done. 

Me and Xiao Yu just smiled at each other as she grabbed my hand and we started to walk home.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

*Xiao Yu POV*

"I'm only going to be next door. Shout if you need me" Luhan saod with sudden confidence. 
"D-deh" i stuttered before letting go of his hand walking into my empty home. Yeah, my parents are gone for the weekend, they had to go to my grandmothers house because she's not very well and she needs assistance. Luhans parents were kind enough to say that they would look out for me if anything bad happens.

I made my way to the bathroom where i put the shower on and waited for it to heat up before getting in.

After at least ten minutes i heard the front door open. "Are mom and dad back already?" i asked myself.

"Mom, Dad" i called as i turned off the shower. "Luhan?" i mumbled as i wrapped a towel around my body and got out of the shower. 

Opening the door i heard two unfamiliar voices "We're good, theres nobody here" said one.
"Well do it quick before someone comes back" exclaimed the other.

"Huh?" i questiones and as i walked towards the top of the stairs to look down, i saw two men in all black clothing and baraclavers. 

Without wasting any time i ran to my room and slammed the door (Which may have been a bad idea as i heard loud footsteps coming up the stairs) and grabbed my phone. I pressed 1 on speed dial and Luhans number started to ring.

My bedroom door flew open, and with one hand keeping my towel up, and the other holding my phone, i had no idea what to do.

"Hello" said the voice on the phone.

"Luhan!" i shouted before the man started to run towards me, trying to grab me.
"Xiao Yu!" called the voice on the phone.

"Luhan!" i screamed, "HELP M- AAAAHHHHH!" with one swipe the man had knocked the phone out of my hand and it crushed against the wall.

"MINHO, SHE'S UP HERE!" screamed the man. 

"Please don't hurt me!" i begged as i kept a strong grip around my towel, scared for my life.
"I won't" he whispered "much" my eyes grew wide and i started to cry before i closed them again, hoping it would all go away. 

Suddenly, the mans arms were thrown off of me and two different arms enveloped me.
"It's ok, i'm here" he whispered in my ears. I could still hear rucus in the background as i buried my head into Luhans chest. He wrapped his jacket around me as he held onto me close, whispering soothing words into my ear.

After a while, police sirens were heard as i still clung onto Luhan, not wanting to let go in fear. 
"It's ok, i'm here. You're going to be fine" he cooed.
 

"I-i was s-so scared. I d-d-din't know what to do" i cried.

"Ssshhh, sshh. It's ok, it's ok" he kept repeating as he my hair. 

He sat me on the bed as Lay and his arents ran up the stairs to see me. 

"Xiao Yu, are you ok?" asked their mother as she sat next to me on the bed. I hesitantly nodded my head "I...i think so" i said.

"The police have taken the robbers" piped up Lay.

"I'm not having it" said Luhan and Lays dad, "You're going to stay with us until your parents come back" he continued.

"Xiao yu needs to change and pack her things." their mother spoke again, and everything stood up to leave. 

"I'll be right outside, don't worry" whispered Luhan as i nodded and unwillingly let go of his hand.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

"I can sleep on the floor you know" i told Luhan as he got a spare pillow and blanket from the cupboard. 

"No it's ok, you need a good nights rest" he retorted as he sat down. 

"I don't want you to sleep on the floor though" i said. 

He gave it a few minutes thought before standing up and putting the pillow and blanket back in the cupboard. 

"Well, we'll share then. It's not like it's a small bed." he said as he sat next to me on the king sized bed. 

A blush suddenly krept it's way onto my cheeks as we both layed down.

"Are you sure you're ok about earlier. You must have been so scared" he whispered,turning to face me. 

I turned to face him too before i replied, "At first i thought mama and baba had come home early. After i called them, and they didn't answer, i thought it was you. When i saw it was robbers, i immediately ran to my room." a tear rolled down my cheek and i couldn't continue. 

*Luhan POV*

Thinking about what could have happened started to creep it's way into my mind and instinctively i wrapped my arms around Xiah yu as a tear rolled down her cheek.

"I'll be there whenever you call, just remember" 


AN: This oneshot was requested by bingolash and i hope you liked it. It took me all day to write this (mainly because i couldn't stop listening to Kris (or wu yi fan as he's now known) singing time boils in the rain). I hoped you like it and i'm sorry if it's not quite what you had in mind. To anyone who is a little sensitive to the last part, i am truly sorry but it's just for story purposes (that's why isn't too long or detailed)

Oh yeah, i'm sorry for using minho's name shawols. I was listening to 'why so serious' at the time and then 'Heirs' popped into my head. I just had to, mian 

P.s, this is the longest one shot i have ever written (so far)