ExoM - Chen

Kpop One Shots


This OneShot is based off a true Story


*Chen POV*

"Hyuuuuung, please!" i begged Xiumin hyung as he put on his coat to go out.

"Andwae~!" He cried like a little baby and left the apartment.

"Tao, you'll come with me, won't you?" i asked him, pouncing on the couch next to him and Kris as they play mario kart on the wii. "Sorry hyung, i guess you'll have to go trolling on your own" he smirked. "kr-"

"No" he rushed.

"Fiiine" i moaned and went to put my cap on. "I guess i'll just have to play knock-door-run on my own" 

I left the apartment and made my way to the first apartment.

(30 minutes later)

I knocked on the door and ran to hide behind the plantpot near the elevator, in exactly the same place as on all of the other floors. 

I waited for a few moments before a big burly man opened the door. He looked left, and then right. 

I couldn't help my sniggering, and held a hand on my mouth to stop the laughter for escaping. 

The man scratched his head in confusion and went back inside his apartment.

"His face!" I giggled as i stood up from my hiding spot. I pulled out a piece of paper from my pocket and crossed off the number of my list.

1A  2A  3A

1B  2B  3B

1C  2C  3C

"3C is the last one" i smilied at my list and made my way over to apartment 3C.

I quickly knocked the door and ran to hide behind of the plan pot. I waited, and waited but still no answer. "Maybe they're not in" i suggested and went to knock on the door one more time when the door started to hesitantly open, as if someone was opening it with a shaky hand. The door opened to reveal a a woman wearing an oxygen mask. She was pale and looked very weak. *Oh no, i've just made her walk to the door for nothing.* I opened my mouth to say something when the woman started to breath very heavily. Her pupils widened as her eyes started to roll backwards, and the next thing i know, she's in my arms as i caught her from collapsing to the floor. 

*Narrator POV*

Chen held the girl in his arms, the small portable oxygen tank resting on top of the girl as he took her into her apartment. He scolded himself mentally as he just made a woman waste oxygen and energy, which are very prescious to her, but are taken for granted by him.

He noticed that the layout was very similar to his apartment and immediately took her to her room. He layed her down on the bed and checked the oxygen tank, even though he had no idea what he was doing, to see if there was enough oxygen left. 

*Chen POV*

*I can't just leave like this when i was the one who caused her to collapse* i thought. I sat on the chair next to her bed and decided to wait until she woke up.

"Jogiyo (Excuse me)" came a very weak voice. I looked up from the floor to see the girl with the oxygen mask in her hands. "Oh, ani, put that back on" i rushed as i took the mask and placed it over . She just smiled at me. "Do you want some water?" i asked and she nodded her head 'yes'. 

2 Months Later

So it's been two months since i decided to play knock-door-run, which means it's been two months since i first met Minhee. In the past two months i found out quite a lot about Minhee. 

1) She needs a lung transplant

2) Her favourite colour is cream 

3) She has no family as her parents died and she is an only child

4) She's my girlfriend :DDDDD

"Minhe i'm here" i called as i entered the apartment with the spare key she gave me. I went straight to the livingroom and saw her watching the T.V on the sofa.

She took off her mask "Hi Chen" she smiled and placed the mask back on.

Lately, Minhee has been doing better with the oxygen and she is able to breath without it, even if it's only for a minute. "hi babe, are you ok?" i asked and kissed her on the cheek. She nodded her head and i joined her on the sofa, wrapping my arms around her.

6 Months Later 

"Are you ready for today?" i asked as i picked up Minhee from her apartment. 

"Deh, whatever happens, happens" she said. 

I grabbed her hand and we walked into the doctors office. We sat infront of the doctors desk and he started to speak. "Lee Minhee, as you know, you're on the transplant list for a new set of lungs. I'm sorry to be the one to deliver this news to you, but unless we find a match for you within the next month, i'm sorry, but you will die. There is only a 30% chance of finding a doner." he said, giving us sympathy looks. 

My head dropped and a tear fell down my cheek. "Their is good new however. As your case is an emergency, you are at the top of the list, and we will notify you of a match as soon as we recieve it" he said. 

Minhee's eyes lit up and she squeezed my hand. I wiped my tear and smiled at her, not wanting her to see me cry. 

-_-_-_-_-_-_

"That's good news though, isn't it?" asked Minhee as soon as we got back to our apartment. That's right, i moved out of my hyungs dorm and i now live with Minhee. 

I pulled Minhee in and hugged her. Reality is only just settling in and to think that if i wasn't the troll that i am, i wouldn't have played that game, and i wouldn't have met Minhee. Life's full of 'What if's'

"Chen, i-i love you" squeeked Minhee. 

I leaned out of the hug a little and smiled at her. "I love you too baby. Actually, i have to ask you something" i stated. She looked confused. 

I got down on one knee and pulled out a small black velvet box. "Lee Minhee, i am so so glad that i am a troll. If i wasn't a troll, then i never would have knocked on your door, and met the most perfect girl through out the universe. Today, when the doctor said that there's 30% chance of you living, i knew i had to do something that would make us both happy, and i-i just want you to be happy. Marry me" i said, opening the box to reveal a slim gold band. 

"Chen...yes" she cried. I stood up and spun my fianceé around. I slowly put her back on the floor and kissed her cheek. 

She lifted her hand up and took off her mask. "Minhee, what are you doing?" i asked.

"I want to kiss you" she replied.

I smiled at her and leaned in and kissed her. It was only a quick peck as i was worried about her breathing. I put the mask back on her and i could see her blush. I kissed her cheek and placed the ring on her left finger.

2 Weeks Later

*Still no match. It's been two weeks and there has still been no match. I guess today should just be a day filled with happy memories* i thought as i fastened my tie. 

"Hyung, how do i look?" i asked Xiumin.

"You look completely different to the wingey boy who begged me to play a stupid game 8 months ago. You look like a man, a happy man" he replied. I felt a pat on my shoulder and turned around to see Taoris. "Just wait until Minhee sees you" exclaimed Tao.

"All of our sisters are at your apartment with Minhee. We didn't want her to get ready for her wedding alone" piped up Lay, walking into the room. 

"Thank you guys, i really mean it" i was so happy that i could cry.

"Oh, and we have a little surprise for later" said Kris.

_-_-_-_-_-_

"I do"

"I do"

"You may now kiss the bride" announced the priest and Minhee took away her mask and kissed me on the lips, a little longer than a peck. Soon she pulled back and placed her mask on.

-_-_-_-_-_-

"Hi everybody, this song is dedicated to the lovely couple. We're glad we could share this special day with you guys" said Luhan. All of the guys were stood on stage and started to sing 'Lucky'

Pretend someone else sings chen's part

 

Me and Minhee started to dance to the music; our first dance.

The music slowly fades and everyone claps. I felt my phone go off in my pocket and i pull it to answer it.

"Oh Minhee" i said and pulled her with me until we were outside of the reception hall. I answered the phone and put it on loud speaker.

"Yobosaeyo" i answered.

"Yobosaeyo, this is Dr.Park, Lee Minhee-"

"Kim Minhee" i interrupted.

"Mianhe, Kim Minhee's doctor, i have just called to say that we have found you a doner. We would like you to come to the hospital tomorrow to have it fitted." he said. I couldn't believe my ears.

"R-really?" asked Minhee, tears already streaming down her face.

"Deh, i'm happy to be the one to tell you this. Be here for 8am tomorrow" he replied

"T-thank you so so much Dr.Park" i thanked.

-_-_-_-_-_-

We both hugged each other as we couldn't be happier.

"Let's go tell everyone" said Minhee. I nodded my head and led her to the stage in the reception hall. 

"E-everybody can we have your attention please" i spoke through the microphone. Everybody went quiet and turned to face us. "Thank you everybody for coming today, we couldn't be more happy. Thank you for singing that song guys, it was great. But after the song, i recieved a phone call...from the hospital" i finished speaking, letting Minhee say the good news.

"I have a match. I go for the operation tomorrow" she cried. 

The whole hall erupted into cheers, tears and pure bliss from the good news.

I turned to face my beautiful wife.

"We can finally have a family. A family we have always dreamt of" i told her, tears literally streaming down my face. "Chen, i love you...so so much. Thank you for playing that silly game. If it wasn't for you, i don't know how i would have coped this past 8 months." she answered. I was shocked.

"T-that's the longest sentence you have spoken" i picked her up and spun her around, joining in with everyones cries of joy.


This OneShot was requested by Cookie-Monster    (great name :) )

This is probably my favourite one shot so far! 

Sorry for any spelling mistakes, grammar mistakes

Ok, so as i said at the top, this is based off a true story. I once watched a documentary on BBC3 about 'Love on the transplant list' it was so moving

For obvious reasons, i have not copied the story line completed and i may have exaggerated for story purposes but watch the video below to watch the documentary