Got7 - Mark

Kpop One Shots
*Jen POV* 
 
"Hey you ready?" I called through the closed door. 
 
"U-u-uh yeah. Just give me a second" called back the voice that belonged to my best friend mark. 
 
"Mark, it's only a theme park. You don't have to prepare that much" I smiled as I called back, looked at the name plaque on his door. It has his name in black and red whilst on a red and black checkered board. 
 
"No I know. I'll be just there" he answered. 
 
*mark POV*
 
"Where is it?" I mumbled to myself, looked for a specific black box. "I can't have lost it" I started to freak out. 
 
"Hey Jen?" I shouted through the door. 
 
"Yeah" she answered. 
 
"Just wait in the living room. I'll be down in a second" I told her. 
 
"O-ok" she stuttered before I heard the soft pattern of her footsteps slowly fading into the distance. 
 
"Where did I last put it" I spoke aloud, thinking it would jog my memory if I did. 
 
"I remember bringing it home. Showing my mom, and then-" I cut myself off and ran down stairs towards the living room. I managed to squeeze past Jen and shut the living room door before she could take a step further. 
 
"mark?" Asked Jen. She went to tune the handle and I managed to grab it before it turned all the way. "mark, what's going on?" She asked. 
 
"Nothing" I stated nonchalantly , scanning the room with my eyes to we if I could find the box. 
 
"Actually, why don't you go into the kitchen and make yourself a drink" I suggested. 
 
There was a moment of silence. 
 
"Fine, but you better explain yourself. I've been best friends with you for 17 years and I have never seen you act like this before" she huffed. 
 
"If only you knew" I muttered. 
 
"If only I knew what?" She asked.  My eyes grew at her statement. 
 
"Nothing! You should probably go make yourself that drink. We'll be leaving soon" I hurried. 
 
As I felt her grip on the handle loosen, I also quickly let go before running round the room on a chicken hunt to find the box. I remember handing it to my mother, who placed it somewhere in this room after looking at it. 
 
Was it on the coffee table? NO
 
Was it in the cupboard next to the TV? NO
 
Had it fallen under the sofa by accident? No no no
 
"OH MY GOD!!!" I screamed in fury. 
 
I sprinted out of the kitchen and made it just in time to see Jen making herself a drink. 
 
"Mark" she called my name 
 
*god how she calls my name* I grinned internally as the sound of my name just rolling off her tongue. 
 
"Just WHAT is going on?" She asked me. 
 
I instantly started to look in all of the cupboards and draws. 
 
"Oh you know." I told her. 
 
"No I don't- hang on, I'll just go to the toilet and then we'll talk" she smiled as she left the room. 
 
I've checked everywhere and I still can't find it. It's got to be somewhere around here. 
 
I scanned the room before slouching my shoulders in defeat and making my way back to my bedroom to see if I hadn't overlooked anything. 
 
As I walked, I tried to recall my steps;
 
1) I gave it to my mom to look at in the living room. She must have put the small box in her pocket. 
 
2) she went into the kitchen to make dinner. 
 
3) she complained about having stomach cramps so she went to toil-
 
"JEN!!" I shouted, running up the last few steps before coming to a halt when I saw Jen come out of the bathroom, holding a small, opened black box in her hand. 
 
"Mark?"she whispered. "Is this what you were looking for?@ she asked, not taking her eyes off of the box's content. 
 
"Y-yeah" I admitted before coming forward and taking the box from her. I slowly took out the silver banded ring and held her hand. 
 
"Jen, I want you to have this. It's not an early birthday gift, but a gift to show my appreciation and affection towards you." Her eyes widened slightly. 
 
"This is a promise ring" I told her. 
 
"I want you to wear it every single day, so I know that you will stick to our promise" 
 
"What promise?" She asked, looked me in the eyes. Her hand still in my palm. 
 
"To always love each other, and never let anybody else get in the way for what we have" 
 
*jen pov*
 
All day mark has been acting strange, and now I know.
 
The boy I'm in love with has finally confessed, and with a promise ring too. 
 
"Mark, i don't need a ring to show you how much I love you" I whispered, too afraid to say it out loud. 
 
"Hey" I spoke up. "It's like yours" I pointed out. 
 
I was in sudden confusion when I realised that mark had been wearing the same ring for over six years now. 
 
*mark Pov*
 
"Yeah. Since the day I had a crush on you, I have always worn this ring. It's a reminder to myself that nobody is more precious than you....and my mom" I quickly added in. 
 
"Oh mark" she gasped in delight before embracing me in a hug. 
 
This was the best day of my life and I knew that it could only get better from this point onwards. 
 
_________
 
An: this one shot was requested by yoohyen. I hope you like it!