G.O - Thinking About the Future

MBLAQ Imagines/One Shots

You were relaxing comfortably on the couch reading a book. It had been a long week for you and now that it was finally Friday night, you were glad for some peace and quiet. You and Byunghee hadn’t made plans because he said he had schedules all night. Sure, you would’ve much rather seen your boyfriend than read, but since that wasn’t an option, you might as well do something calming.

The night slipped by while you read. You had the habit of getting so involved in your books that you would be oblivious what was going on around you. Byunghee was used to this, so when you didn’t even look up when he came home, he wasn’t that surprised. He smiled to himself, thinking how cute you were like this.

He went to the bedroom to change out of his dance clothes. He spun around after doing so to climb onto the bed. It had been a busy day and he was exhausted. Byunghee was surprised to find your journal sitting open on the bed though. His first reaction was to close it. Those were your private thoughts and he had no business looking without your permission.

But then he saw doodles on the page instead of paragraphs. He took a closer look. You had written your and his names together with hearts around it as well as your first name and his last name. He chuckled at this, but found it very charming. As he moved down the page, he found a new assortment of names. Some were boys’ names, other girls’ names. The only thing he could figure out that they had in common was his last name.

Byunghee stared at this list for a few moments before the missing piece clicked in his mind. They were children’s names, but not just any children. You had been playing with names for your and Byunghee’s children. He blushed at this realization. He had occasionally thought about what the future held for the two of you, but he hadn’t given much thought to children yet.

The longer he stared at the list, the more sure he was that he wanted that though. Something inside him wanted to know which of these names you like best. He found himself wondering what your children would look like, what their personalities might be like, and how your family life would be.

He closed your journal and placed it on your bedside table where you normally kept it. He then went out to the living room to find you, still immersed in your book. Byunghee walked up to sit next to you. You finally noticed that he was home.

“Oppa!” You smiled happily before throwing your arms around his neck. “Have you been home long? I’m sorry I didn’t know! I was so caught up in my book and-”

“It’s alright Jagi,” Byunghee said, laughing a little. He turned and pulled you into his lap, your back against his chest. He wrapped his arms around you. You settled into him, smiling. “Have you thought about the future? For us, I mean.” He said softly.

You blushed a bit before nodding. “I’ve thought about it a lot actually,” you confessed.

“What did you think about?”

“About getting married, buying a house, having kids, growing old together. Just life I guess.” You felt a little silly confessing this when the two of you hadn’t talked about those things much yet.

“I want all of those too. I didn’t give it much thought until recently, but I want it.” His words made you feel warm. You cuddled closer against him. Thoughts of him being your husband whirled through your mind, making you giggly. Byunghee smiled at your cuteness, wrapping his arms tighter around you.

“I love you Oppa.” You said quietly.

“I love you too Jagi. Give me a little more time and we can get started on that list. I promise Jagi, we’ll start on that future very soon.”

You nodded against his chest when he finished. “As long as I spend my life with you, I’ll be happy.”

================================

A/N: Okay so this doesn't exactly match the prompt, but this is what came out once I started writing. And when a story flows out, I just go with it. I hope you guys like it :)