Cheondung - Until the Last Rose Dies

MBLAQ Imagines/One Shots

You sat staring at a vase with a single, fake red rose in it. As you looked at it, you remembered when he had given it to you.

It had been a night many years ago. Sanghyun had taken you to a fancy restaurant for dinner. It had been awhile since the two of you had had a date because of his promotions. You remembered being excited to finally see him.

You both had dressed up and he had been the perfect gentleman, holding open doors and pulling out chairs. The entire dinner he had been nervous, constantly wiping his sweaty palms on his suit pants.

“Oppa, is everything okay? You seem anxious tonight.” He smiled up at you, and told you it was fine. Dinner continued to progress. When the two of you left the restaurant, he led you outside to square that was beautifully lit. There weren’t many people around so even though you were in public, the moment felt private.

You remembered him turning to face you, holding your hands.

“Jagiya, I love you. You know that right?”

“Of course Oppa. And I love you too” you smiled at him.

“Jagi… I really do love you. And I want to spend my entire life with you. I want to have children with you, I want to grow old and gray with you.” Sanghyun knelt down onto one knee, pulling out a little black box and holding it open to you. A gorgeous ring was inside. “Please marry me?” 

“Yeobo?” Suddenly his voice brought you back to the present. His arms wrapped around you from behind as you stared at the vase, now taking in the pictures of you, him and your children next to it.

“What are you doing, yeobo?” Even after all these years, your heart still skipped a beat when he called you like that. 

“I’m just reminiscing.” You looked up at him to see him smiling, recalling the same memory you had.

“Do you remember what I told you when I gave you the bouquet of roses after you agreed to marry me?”

“I do, but I still like hearing you say it.”

“I will love you until the last rose dies.”

----------------------------------------

A/N: I know this one said a full bouquet of fake roses, but I thought it was cuter this way :)