Joon - Late Arrival

MBLAQ Imagines/One Shots

You looked up at the clock in the back of the classroom and sighed. You were supposed to go meet Changsun at the airport when he arrived back from a trip to Japan. Unfortunately, some of the students in your class had stayed late that afternoon for study hall to prepare for an exam.

As the minutes ticked by, you got more and more anxious. You would be cutting it really close if you left now. You informed the students you needed to leave, but got bombarded by questions. Nearly twenty minutes later, you were running down the halls of the school. You managed to get a taxi quickly.

Luck, however, was not on your side today. There was a ton of traffic on the way to airport. You were sure everyone was out on the roads right now. At this rate, it would take well over an hour to get to Incheon Airport. You sighed and looked out the window, hoping traffic would somehow disappear.

When you finally arrived, you ran around the find where you were supposed to meet the boys. You found some fans eating at one of the cafes and stopped to ask if MBLAQ had already been through. They told you that they had. You felt your heart drop. You covered your face with your hands and let out a deep breath. You thanked the girls for their help and then slowly made you way back outside to go home.

After finally arriving at home. You set your stuff down. It had now been such a long and disappointing day that you didn’t even feel like eating. You trudged into the bedroom where you found Changsun sitting on the bed look at his tablet.

“Hi Oppa,” you smiled “I missed you so much.” You moved to hug him but he turned away from you. “Oppa?” You asked again. He made no sound or movement that acknowledged your existence. You sighed and went to clean up and change from the day.

While in the shower, you prayed he would forgive you and understand the day you had. When you approached him again, he continued to ignore you. You could feel tears welling up in your eyes, but you didn’t want to cry in front of him. You settled into bed under the sheets with your back to him.

About ten minutes later, Changsun turned the lights off and laid down as well. You waited a bit and when his breathing slowed down, you finally let your tears fall. You understood why he was upset. You had promised to meet him at the airport after all, but it had been a situation you couldn’t control. As you cried, a few noises escaped even though you tried to hold them. A light suddenly clicked on. You turned to see Changsun staring at you, concerned.

“Jagi, why are you crying?”

“I’m sorry Changsun. I-I’m sorry I wasn’t at the airport like I promised I w-would be. But the students wouldn’t leave s-study hall and there was so much traffic, and I even t-tried to be there on time by taking a taxi. Just p-please stop being mad at me.” You stumbled over your words as you continued to sob. Changsun pulled you into his chest, his hand your hair soothingly.

“I’m sorry too Jagi. I shouldn’t have been so harsh. I should’ve realized there was a reason you weren’t there.” You continued to cry into his chest as the stress of the day seemed to finally be releasing itself. Changsun continued to hold you tight until you had cried yourself out of tears. He kissed your forehead before tucking the blankets around you both.

“Sleep now Jagi. We can spend the entire day together tomorrow, okay? I love you.” He said softly. You nodded against him and gave in to sleep.