Seungho - Dancing With Envy

MBLAQ Imagines/One Shots

You wanted to be a supportive girlfriend. You really, really did. But sometimes you just couldn’t handle it. You were at home on the couch watching Dancing With The Stars. Admittedly, you boyfriend looked pretty incredible dancing around the stage. He looked like he was floating. There was only one problem. The girl in his arms wasn’t you. You weren’t the one wearing the gorgeous dress twirling around the room with him. You hated watching the show, but he always asked you about it, in detail. There was no way you could lie and just say you had watched it.

Unfortunately, it turned out like this for you every time. You stared at the tv, glaring at Son Jin Ju. She was perfect. She was gorgeous, an incredible dancer, and she was super nice. That made it even worse to hate her. You had met her and she had been beyond nice to you.

So here you sat, slumped back against the couch. You were long past trying to put her down by saying she wasn’t even that pretty and had instead moved on to yourself. You got up and went into the bathroom, looking in the mirror. Her skin was definitely nicer than yours. Her hair was shinier than yours. Her body was better than yours. She was just better than you. You let yourself cry for a bit before you heard the door open and Seungho call for you. You wiped your tears away and checked in the mirror before going out to see him.

“Jagi! There you are! Did you watch the show? Was I good? I know I messed up a couple steps, but I hope it looked alright.” The sight of his smiling face cheered you up and bit and you gave him a smile and nodded.

“You were incredible oppa, as always.” Your voice shook a little and Seungho narrowed his eyes at you, but when you went to the kitchen to heat some food up for him, he didn’t say anything.

It went on like this for the next few shows. He danced around the stage, her in his arms looking gorgeous and them looking like the perfect couple. At the end of the show you would end up disliking yourself more than you had the previous week. Then Seungho would come home and you’d fake a smile for him. Even after he won, you could only be so happy for him. And that was the night he had had enough.

“What is your problem? You’ve been like this for the past few weeks! I won tonight and you keep putting on this fake smile!” You looked up at him, surprised and your mouth hanging open. “Did you think I couldn’t tell? Would you just talk to me about whatever it is already? Am I not spending enough time with you because I’m busy with the show?” You shook your head.

“Do I look bad in my outfits?” You shook your head again.

“Am I not a very good dancer then?” You shook your head for the third time and he let out an exasperated sigh. 

“Then would you please tell me what it is so I can fix it?” He was starting to lose his temper, but trying to stay in control.

“I… I’m not as pretty as Son Jin Ju, I don’t dance as well as she does, my hair isn’t as shiny as hers, I”

“Wait, what?” He cut into your sentence as you started spewing everything that had been plaguing you the past few weeks. “I thought you were mad at me for something!” You shook your head and looked away from him.

“I’m jealous oppa. You’re gone all the time because you have to practice for the show. And then you see her all dressed up and gorgeous looking while you twirl her around…” you trailed off, unsure of where you were going with this. The tears you had been trying to hold back spilled over and you curled into a ball on the couch crying.

“Baby, you don’t have to be jealous” you shook your head at him and got up from the couch, moving to your bedroom. Before you closed the door, you turned to him.

“You don’t understand oppa” and then you closed the door and laid down on your bed, cuddling with your panda stuffy. You weren’t sure why you didn’t want to talk to him about this, you just didn’t. So you cried on your bed and eventually fell asleep.

——————————-

When you woke up a few hours later, you crawled out of bed and went to the bathroom to clean up. You didn’t need to look in the mirror to know that your eyes were puffy and red. You showered and dried your hair before you decided it was time to face him again. You opened the door to the living room, but it was dark. You the light, and still you didn’t see Seungho anywhere. 

What you did find was a big box on your table. You walked over to it. You were sure it hadn’t been there earlier. Did Seungho bring this home? You pulled the lid off and found a beautiful, dark blue dress inside. You pulled it out to inspect it more. It was gorgeous. It had a silver pattern wrapping around it. You looked back at the box and found a note with matching heels. ‘Put this on and meet me at the dance studio.’

You were confused, but decided to play along. You went and put the dress on and even did your hair and make up a bit. As you looked at yourself in the mirror, you smiled your first real smile in weeks. You then hurried out to take a taxi to the J.Tune building.

——————————-

After arriving, you went inside and wandered down the hallways until you found the only the practice room that had lights on inside. You pushed the door open and found that it had been lit with little white lights. They were wrapped all around the room and there was music playing softly. Seungho was standing in the middle of the room in a tux with accessories that matched your dress. He smiled and walked towards you, taking your hand and pulling you into the room.

“I’m sorry jagi. I should’ve spent more time with you over the past few weeks, maybe then you wouldn’t have gotten so down on yourself. I hope this makes up for it.” You looked at him and then scanned the room, your eyes filling with tears again.

“Oppa, its wonderful.” You turned to him and wrapped your arms around his neck, hugging him. He kissed your forehead and then pulled back. He positioned both of you to dance and he started spinning you around the room. He didn’t do a complicated dance, but just moved the two of you with ease. You stared into his eyes, which were sparkling because of the lighting. The song ended and Seungho dipped you and leaned his face down to yours, kissing you softly.