Joon - His Number One

MBLAQ Imagines/One Shots

You slumped down on the couch and sighed. You reached up to let your hair down from the fancy style you had put it in. He had forgotten. Changsun had forgotten your anniversary. Sure he had been really busy recently with filming, touring, and comebacks, but it was your anniversary!

You thought you were a very understanding girlfriend under normal circumstances. You weren’t overly clingy, you didn’t nag him when he didn’t have time to come home between schedules, you always made sure there was food in the fridge for him to easily heat up when he was able to come home. All you wanted was to feel like the most important thing in his life for this one night. You wanted him to show you how much you meant to him.

Tears started slipping out of your eyes. You wiped them away and got up. You went to the bathroom to remove your makeup. After you changed out of your dress and into your pajamas, you climbed into bed. You fell asleep quickly as you were too emotionally exhausted to stay awake much longer.

--------------

The next morning you woke up to find a new teddy bear next to you in bed. You crawled out from under the sheets and out to see if Changsun was still home. You found a covered plate of food on the table with a vase of your favorite flowers and a note. The note was him apologizing for missing your date last night and asking you to call him. You instantly reached for your phone but then stopped. You weren’t going to forgive him that easily.

You ate, dressed and hurried off to work. Most of the day went normally until lunch when a delivery came for you. You sighed when you saw it and read the attached message. Again, Changsun asked for you to call him. This time, you didn’t even reach for your phone. You went about the rest of your afternoon as usual.

When you got on the bus to go home, you finally pulled out your phone. You saw dozens of phone calls and texts from Changsun. You scanned through the texts and listened to the messages he left. You sighed and wondered if you should call him back now or not. Looking out the window, you realized you were almost home and decided to wait until you arrived.

After walking into your apartment, you took your shoes off and then put your purse down. You headed towards the bedroom to change into something more comfortable. On the way there, you found Changsun pacing in the living room. You froze, surprised to see him. He looked up when he heard you.

“Why haven’t you called me back?” He almost yelled as he walked to you. “Do you have any idea how worried I was? I didn’t know if something had happened to you or if you were only mad at me!” Your eyes turned hard and you glared at him.

“Only mad?! You forgot our anniversary! I don’t ask for much Changsun! I stay out of your way when you’re busy with your schedules! I don’t nag you about not spending time with me and I don’t throw a fit when you leave for tours! All I wanted was one night where you showed me that I was the most important thing in your life, and you forgot! Whatever you were off doing was more important than me and our relationship. Do you have any idea how that makes me feel?”

You were livid with him now. You were seeing red and you knew if you stayed in the room with him, you would only get angrier. You turned and went into the bedroom, locking the door behind you. You punched the teddy bear he had left on the bed for you this morning before laying down in bed. Without your permission, your eyes swelled with tears. You tried to wipe them away and stay angry with him, but you couldn’t. All you could feel was the hurt.

After about an hour of crying in bed, you decided you should face him. You didn’t really want to, but you needed to. You crawled out of bed and slowly made your way to the door. You took a deep breath and opened it. Changsun fell backwards, much to your surprise. He must have been leaning against the door. He quickly stood up and turned around, hugging you tightly.

“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry that I forgot. I got so busy and by the time I remembered it was hours after the time I was supposed to meet you. I came home and you were already asleep, but I had to leave early this morning. I never want you to feel like you aren’t the most important thing in my life, because you are. I know I’m gone a lot and that it must be hard for you. But everything I do, I’m doing it for us. I want us to be able to live comfortably. I want to be able to buy you a nice ring, I want us to have the wedding of your dreams, and when we’re ready to have kids, I want to be able to buy them all the things they want because you know I’ll give in to their adorable aegyo.”

His confession stopped whatever words you had been working on forming. The two of you had been together for awhile, but the topic of a future together hadn’t really come up. Yet here he was, planning for those things already. Any anger left in you was gone. You wrapped your arms around him and snuggled into his embrace.

“I’m sorry I got so angry at you. I should’ve at least called you to let you know I wasn’t injured.” You said softly. You smiled a little as you inhaled his scent. “Do you really mean it, everything you just said? About getting married and having a family?” He pulled back to look in your eyes.

“I meant every word. I’m sorry I haven’t said that kind of thing before. You know I have a hard time expressing myself sometimes and-” You put a finger up to his lips to silence him.

“I love you Changsun.” He smiled.

“I love you too.” He leaned down to kiss you, showing you that you were indeed his number one.