Last Chance

You Know Nothing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER SIXTY-FIVE: last chance

After I called Seunghyun, I immediately went to the bathroom and took a quick bath. After I took a bath, I immediately dressed up into a blue chiffon dress with a white blazer on top and with black heels. As I was about to go out the room, the masters bedroom door opened revealing Jiyong carrying Melody and Mi Yong standing beside him. I smiled at them as  Mi Yong yelled, "Mom! You look pretty!" I giggled and crouched down on her level and said, "Thanks baby girl. Now, we should go downstairs, your dad has to get ready because mommy and daddy are going out." Which made me wonder who's going to take care of our kids. 

I looked at Jiyong and as if he read my mind, he said, "My mom's coming over in ten minutes. I'll be fast, so you can go downstairs since omma will be here soon." I nodded my head and stood up. I got Melody from Jiyong's grasp and cooed when I saw her toothless smile. "Aigoo, my baby is so big now." Melody giggled and it made my heart melt. Looking at her was like looking at a mirror with Jiyong in front of it. 

Melody was a replica of Jiyong. A girl version that is. "She looks like you that it upsets me." I joked and Jiyong just laughed, "Don't worry. Both of you are beautiful." With Jiyong's remarks, I couldn't help but blush. I looked down at Melody and just smiled. 

"Uhmm... We'll go downstairs now, you better go get ready." Jiyong nodded and immediately went inside the bathroom, while I carried Melody in my arms and looked over if Mi Yong was following us. "Mommy." Mi Yong called me over when we sat down on the couch. 

"Why?" I asked her as I placed Melody inside her play pen on the living room. "Are you going out with daddy? Is that why granny is going to stay with us tonight?" I smiled at my daughter and nodded, "Yes baby." She smiled and nodded, "I'm glad to hear that mommy! It's been a long time ever since you and daddy went out on a date!" 

I laughed as she talked like an adult. Sometimes, I can't help but think about the future. What will happen to Jiyong and I? Will we get back together? Will we be able to fix our problem? Are we going to be a perfect family again? I was wondering of so much things that I didn't even notice the doorbell ring, not until Mi Yong yelled, "MOM! The doorbell is ringing." I gasped and immediately stood and ran to get the door. When I opened the door, it revealed Jiyong's mom. Jiyong's mom and I aren't that close, but I know she's very  nice. I know I've done a hurtful thing to her son, but I knew she understood. 

"Mi Hyun, dear! It's nice to see you." She greeted me warmly and I smiled at her, "Omonim, how have you been?" I asked her and she smiled at me and said, "I've been fine. Now, where are my wonderful grandkids?" I giggled and pointed inside the living room, "They are in the living room, omonim." She looked at me and smiled, "Aigoo, why are you so formal? Omma, just call me omma, arasso?" I smiled weakly and nodded. I really appreciate her warm approach, but I feel guitly because I'm hurting her son. She was about to go to the living room when she turned around and took my hand in hers. I looked down and stared at my hands and hers. 

"Mi Hyun-ah..." She called me softly. I looked at her and just waited for her words to come out. She smiled at me and squeezed my hands, "Please forgive my son... I know he was careless. He didn't know what to do, he was lost... I know both of you are being civil right now and I know you're just doing it for the kids, but I'm begging you... Forgive him. Everybody makes mistakes and it was just unfortunate that Jiyong was the one who made a mistake. I'm saying sorry in behalf of my son, so please... Give him one last chance. I really can't imagine anybody else being with my son. It's only you that I want to be with him forever. It's you who I trust the most. Take this as an advice, I don't know. Just please... take it for consideration." I almost balled my eyes out when I heard Jiyong's words. I don't know, but what omma said was very... sad and it sounded like she was pleading. 

I sighed and squeezed her hands back. I nodded and said, "D-d-on't worry, omma. I'll do my best to consider Jiyong again. Truthfully, these past five months... I've been holding back the things that I wanted to say. You don't know how much I wanted to hug him, to kiss him, to see him smile again, but it's all because of me that Jiyong is slowly falling apart. I'm sorry omma. I didn't mean to..." The wall I created broke, I just broke down in front of Jiyong's mother. She immediately hugged me tightly and caressed my hair. "Just cry it out, Mi Hyun-ah. All the pains and sorrows, just cry it out. I know you've been through a lot, I understand. I can't blame you for anything, Mi Hyun. You just did what you thought was the best for you and your children. I know that if I were to be in the same position as you, I would have done the same thing. So don't blame yourself, hmm?" 

I nodded and hugged her tightly, "Thank you omma... for being there for us even if I hurt your son. I'm sorry." She shook her head and said, "Shhh, don't say sorry. It's nobody's fault. Both of you were just lost. Don't think that it's your fault, arasso? God didn't give you this obstacle to blame yourself, he gave you this to see if the both of you are worth of each other's trust. If both of you are meant to be." She pulled away and cupped my face, "God did this to make you realize how much you love each other. That you can't stand living without each other, because trust me, Jiyong and you aren't the only people who overcame such obstacles in life. Hmm?" 

I nodded and as she wiped my tears away, she hugged me once again and gave me a pat on the back. "Now, forget the crying session, but remember my words, hmm?" I nodded and smiled weakly. She smiled at me and said, "Let's go see my grand children!" She held my hand and we walked hand in hand towards the living, which shocked us because Jiyong was already there. He was holding Melody while playing with my daughter, Mi Yong. "Daddy! No! You're not supposed to put that teapot on the plate!" Jiyong laughed and said, "Where would I put it?" 

"There! On the table, dad!" Mi Yong exclaimed as Jiyong followed her orders. Meanwhile, my youngest daughter just on her fingers. Omma and I just laughed at the image. I still can't believe that I've been looking at this image for the past year that Jiyong and I were together. Started when Mi Yong came back to me, he treated her like his own... He had no complaints, but he simply loved me and Mi Yong. And now that there was an additional bundle of joy in our family, he just turned into a 100% father of two girls. He learned how to play dolls, tea parties, and such...

It was unbelieable at first, but then again... nothing is impossible. That's why I'm going to do my best to consider Jiyong in my life again. In our life. For the sake of my children, for the sake of our forsaken love. I'll do my best to make the sparks work again. 

"Aigoo, my son and my grand daughters are surely having fun." Omma stated, enough for Jiyong and my daughters to hear. They looked at our way and smiled. "Oh, omma! You're here." Omma nodded and smiled, she smiled at me and let go of my hands and went straight to Jiyong to pick up her grand daughter. 

"Aigoo, my little baby is so big  now! And my little princess is growing up!" Omma exclaimed happily. I chuckled and said, "They are really growing up fast, omma." Omma nodded at me and said, "You bet they are." She sat down on the couch and started to play with Melody and Mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter