Guilty Conscience

You Know Nothing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FORTY-SIX: guilty conscience

"Mommy!" I heard Mi Yong say when she opened the door. "Aigoo, baby girl! Come here! Give mommy a hug!" I opened my arms and she threw herself at me. "Omo! Mi Yong! Be careful! Your brother or sister might get hurt." Jiyong said with worry. I giggled and winked at him. "Don't worry babe. I'm fine." He didn't look convinced, but I ignored it. 

"So, what did you and daddy do while I was working?" I asked my daughter and she grinned at me. Jiyong sat down on the couch, looking all innocent. "We had fun, mommy! Daddy looked so pretty!" I raised an eyebrow and eyed Jiyong who was staring at the surroundings, avoiding my stare. "What do you mean baby girl?" Mi Yong giggled and leaned on my ear and whispered, "I dressed up daddy with your clothes and put make up on him! He looked so pretty!" I burst out in laughter and I exclaimed, "Omo! Is that true baby girl?" She nodded and giggled. 

"Aigoo, it seems like mommy jiyong is sulking." I looked at Jiyong and he was pouting. Damn these pregnant hormones. He looks so y.. I smacked my head imaginatively and smirked, "Mr. Kwon. Are you mad?" He looked at me and shook his head. I carried Mi Yong and placed her on my comfy boss chair and went over to my sulking fiance. "Aigoo, you're mad and I know it." I put my arms around his neck and kissed his cheek. He still didn't budge and I knew the right technique for this. 

I leaned in and whispered, "Baby, if you forgive me. I'll give you the best night that you'll ever have." His eyes widened but still didn't move. So he was playing hard to get huh? Alright, if he wants it that way, I'll play along. I removed my arms from his neck and stood up. "Arasso, if you don't want that. Either accept it or no doing 'it' for a month." I know I'm being overboard but I just want to play along with his games. He gasped and said, "Ya! You can't do that!" I stuck my tongue out and said, "Why not?" 

"Fine! I'll go to the club and find someone else then!" He exclaimed and I got shocked. Mad, angry, furious. "You're playing like that, huh? Fine then. Leave, I don't need you here. Go to the club and find someone else." He was just frozen, I could see that he was regretting what he said because he reached his hands out to me and I shrugged it off. "I told you to leave didn't I?" He furrowed his eyebrows and shook his head. "No, I'm not leaving." I rolled my eyes and sighed. I walked over to my desk and carried Mi Yong who was busy listening to her ipod. Thank God she didn't hear us arguing. I sat her on my lap and started to scramble around my desk and signed papers that I had to sign. I glanced at Jiyong who was staring at one space with an expresionless face. 

He deserved the silent treatment. How could he?! My daughter was even there! He could have said that when my daughter wasn't around! Ugh! I'm so mad at him! If he wants to go play with someone, why isn't he going out of my office? Did he think that I wasn't serious when I told him to get out? (Well, I really wasn't and thank God he didn't go out) Ok, I take that back. He stood up and looked at me. I immediately stared at my papers and pretended to read it. 

"I'm going out for a bit. Are you alright with Mi Yong?" He said sternly and I didn't give out any kind of response. I heard him walk towards the door and sighed heavily. My heart was beating so fast because I was so worried. What if he really goes to the club? Ahhh! I shouldn't be paranoid like this. I trust Jiyong. I shouldn't doubt him. He'll be back in a few hours right? Yeah, that's right. He'll be back. 

After 3 hours, Mi Yong fell asleep. It was already 6 pm. I'm going home now and he's still not here. Maybe he was mad? But I should be the one mad! Aish, whatever. I'm going home. I walked to the couch and carried Mi Yong and my purse. I locked my office door and went to the elevator. I waited for a couple of minutes for it to open and it opened. I went in and reached the main floor. I was walking down to the lobby but I saw Min Hee and Jiyong facing each other. "Oh! Jiyong!" Min Hee exclaimed and Jiyong stiffened. "Min Hee.." So he knows Min Hee? But how?  I walked near them and looked at them. "You know each other?" I asked sternly. Min Hee and Jiyong got startled with me so I smirked. "Why the startled face?" I eyed the two of them and Jiyong seems to be nervous of something.

"I don't know her." Jiyong muttered and Min Hee looked at him. "Really, huh? Fine. I don't know him either." They sounded like a couple bickering. Jiyong glared at her and I took notice of that. "Whatever." I shrugged and walked away. I felt Jiyong's strong hands hold my arms, stopping me. "What?" I said, annoyed. "Can we talk?" I turned around to face him and smirked. "What do we need to talk about? If you don't mind. I'm carrying my daughter and I'm going home. Just go home, Jiyong.." I eyed Min Hee who was looking at us curiously. "You should go home too, Min Hee." I turned around and sighed. "Good night." 

When I got home, I immediately put Mi Yong on he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter