Somewhat Confession

You Know Nothing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR: somewhat confession

My mother introduced me to their new business partners and of course, I had a little chatting time with them while Emily was tagging along with me. As I drank my wine, my mother smiled at me and behind her was Mr. and Mrs. Lee with Sang Mi. I smiled at them and bowed, "Annyeong, Mr. and Mrs. Lee, how have you been?" I wondered if they knew that I'm cousins with Seungri. Which reminds me that tomorrow, I'll be going to my mother's house since we start to work next week. 

"Hi there, dear. You've grown so much. The last time we met was when you came to our house but then that was 9 years ago. How have you been?" I smiled at them and said, "I missed a lot apparently. It's been a long time. I'm fine, still alive." I giggled and I heard Sang Mi scoff.

"Oh please, I wish you weren't alive." I heard her mutter which caused my mother to be startled and her parents as well.

"Well, if that's your wish, Sang Mi-shi, I can't do that, for I still have some duties as a music producer at SBR and some unfinished business with.. well evil people." I said sarcastically. I just can't wait to backfire her more.

She glared at me and I just drank my wine, "Sorry for the behaviour of my daughter, Mi Hyun-shi." I chuckled and said, "That's alright. I'm used to it. Besides, it's been a while since I've encountered with these kind of people." I looked at her with an annoying stare. I hope she's annoyed enough to embarrass herself.

"Ya! These kind of people? What kind of people? Like you? A trying hard woman who doesn't even have right dreams. I can't believe you, you shouldn't have came back. Now, I have competition with Jiyong again." My mother held my hands and squeezed it, I just looked at her and whispered, "Just let her. I'll handle it. That's why I came here." She nodded.

"Don't embarrass your parents, Sang Mi-shi. You're crossing the boundaries already. As much as I love to chit-chat with you. I can't, I'm sorry and for your information, I do have a dream. It is to create music.." I walked closer to her and leaned into to her and whispered, "And to crush you with all my might." I said my goodbyes with the Lee's and smirked while Emily was following me.

"That.. was so great!" Emily squealed. I laughed at her.

"It's just the beginning, Em. I can't wait for more." I smiled. She smiled at me as well, "Did they really mistreated you that bad?" I nodded and kept a straight face as I found Jiyong looking at me. He obviously wants to talk to me but I don't want to expose that I like him as well. I can't, it's too dangerous. When I'm just beginning. I can't start anything with him. 

I have to avoid him but that can't be helped. I have to work with them, aish. Why did I have to agree with working with them. I keep telling myself to just forget him but I just can't. I seriously can't. He's my first love and probably my last love. Alone forever.

I sat down in our table and I saw Seungri coming to our table, he's obviously going for Emily. 

"Hey, Seungri-ah. I know you're here for Emily. Go ahead." Emily looked at me while blushing. I giggled at her and said, "Go ahead. You're free." She smiled at me and nodded.

Seungri put his arm over her shoulders and he looked back and mouthed, "Thank you, cousin!" I just smiled at him and gave him a thumbs up. I just love him to death. 

I decided to go out and explored the night. It's been 9 years since I keep on trying to fight this trauma of mine. The first outcome of my depression was being uncomfortable when people are staring at me, I still had to overcome that and the second one was that I was scared of being alone at night. Even when I sleep, I have to have my light . It's really frustrating. Sometimes, I have flashbacks. It just can't be helped.

"Why is this happening to me? What have I done to ever deserve this?" I sighed and a tear fell on my cheeks.

"Deserved what?" Someone said, someone familiar, I closed my eyes and said, "Nothing." I then felt a presence beside me.

I can see at the corner of my eye that it was Jiyong. He put his hands on his pocket and said, "You know, what I said at the airplane, it's true. You are the most special woman in my life. Ever since I saw you at the classroom, I sat beside you not because I had no choice but because I liked you." I looked at him, fortunately he's not looking. I studied his expression but it was unreadable.

"When Seunghyun introduced you to us at your house party, I was so happy because that was the first time I knew your name and that was the time that I knew that we were going to be friends." I saw his face softened and he smiled. The first time in 9 years that I saw him smile. It made my heart flutter. I always just watch him from afar. I always watch their perfomance and they were my inspiration. How can I not?

He caught me looking at him and he smirked, I looked away immediately and looked at the surroundings. "When we met at California, what you said about your inspiration. Was it us?" I looked at him for a few minutes. That's what we did, just stare at each other.

Then I looked away and sighed, "Yes, it's you guys. You guys got me into music so much, when I was in 1st year of university at Harvard, I heard you guys debuted so I listened and I got interested in music. I decided after I graduate from Harvard, I would study music production and dance at the same time. I also did singing a bit but I never catched any interest in it." I crossed my arms and just stared at blank space.

"I see, so I guess you knew how stupid we were for the past years, right? Scandals, wrong doings and plagiarizing." He sighed deeply.

"You guys weren't stupid, well you guys were, especially you, who would accept a cigarette from a stranger? But I believed you, I know you aren't that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter