Press Conference

You Know Nothing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE: press conference

Today is the day of the press conference. Since it was also a welcoming party for me that my parents have set up for me, they told me to wear something formal. I bought my secretary a black cocktail dress, it only had one strap and the top part was ruffled, as for the shoes, I bought her black open toe heels and I would let her borrow my jewelry since I didn't know if she had anything to match it with. (http://oi48.tinypic.com/bdlkd1.jpg)

For myself, I bought a red strapless party dress, red heels, a matching red purse and matching set of jewelry. (http://oi48.tinypic.com/29fxvcx.jpg) I got out of my bedroom with two paperbags on my hands and went to Emily's bedroom and knocked. I heard her say come in and I went in.

"Hi, Mhy!" I smiled at her and walked over to her.

I laid the two paperbags on her bed and said, "This is what you're going to wear tonight, ok?" She looked at me with confused eyed.

"But, I already have something to wear."

"Oh, let me see." Shee pulled it out from the closet and I snorted, "Oh please, tell me you're not going to wear that."

"I will." She nodded, I shook my head and wiggled my finger, I pulled out the dress and laid it on the bed and took out the jewelry box and opened it and placed it next to the bed, last but not the least, the heels. 

"This," I pointed to the dress, "Is what you are going to wear for tonight. People in the media are going to be there, I don't want you to feel left out. I bought these for you. Wear them, arasso?" She came closer and admired the dress. She touched it and said, "Is this really mine?" I grabbed her shoulders and nodded.

"That's for you to wear my dear. Don't worry. As long as I'm with you, you'll be fine." I knew she was nervous.

"Just stay close to me. I'm going to do all the talking anyways." She nodded and told her that I would help her fix her hair since she doesn't really know anything about fashion. She just wears simple clothing like jeans and a simple shirt to work and her formal wear would be a pair of blouse and dress pants. Not going to happen. 

I got on with making her beautiful for tonight and said, "You are all set, gorgeous." I smiled at her.

She looked at herself at the mirror and gasped, "Is that even me?! This mirror isn't lying isn't it?" I giggled and said, "How can it lie?"

"I don't know. You guys are rich, maybe you bought it for me just to make me look beautiful." I laughed at her imagination and shook my head.

"You are beautiful, trust me. Just wear those, ok? I'll see you in a bit." She nodded and I left her room.

I took a shower and dried my hair, I curled my hair into loose curls and tied it in one side. I applied light make up. I went to my bed and wore my dress, shoes and jewelry. I looked at the full view mirror and smiled. "Perfect."

I grabbed my purse and went down where I could see Emily, my parents and my brother with his fiance. I went down and smiled at all of them.

"Ya, Mi Hyun. Come here." I went to my brother and smiled at his fiance. 

"Well, I bet this is the infamous beautiful fiance you've told me about, huh?" I playfully said.

"Annyeong, I'm Mi Na." I hugged her and I guess she was shocked. "Nice to meet you, unni." I smiled at her and she hugged me back.

"Nice to meet you too, Mi Hyun. I look forward on hanging out with you in the future." I smiled at her. She's nice. Definitely beautiful and very deserving.

"Of course. Me too." Then our parents told us that it is time to go. We all had separate cars, my brother would go with his fiance, I would be with Emily and my parents would go together. My phone rang and it was shockingly Seungri, I picked it up.

"Yoboseyo? Seungri-ah? Wae?" I answered.

"Noona, did you know that we are going to your press conference and party right now? We've been invited. Are you ready for the hyungs to know who you are?" Oh really? This is great then.

"So is this where you've invited me? At my own party?" I chuckled.

"I guess so, I didn't know that it was your parent's party and your press conference."

"And yeah, I'm ready. I'm the one who told them that I wanted to introduce myself already."

"Hmm, arasso, noona. I'll see you later." 

"Arasso, bye Seungri-ah." I hung up and smirked.

Emily looked at me with concern in her eyes, "Why? Is something wrong, Em?" I asked her.

She shook her head, "Are you sure about this, Mhy?" I nodded and smiled softly at her. She was the only friend I had. My true friend, at least. She was always concerned about me and I like the feeling. She was 2 years younger than me. The same age as Seungri. She knew everything, my secrets and my feelings. As a secretary, she helped me at work and not only in work, she helped me to overcome my struggles in life as well. 

"Of course. I wouldn't have started it if I wasn't sure. Stop worrying, Emily. I'll be fine." I touched her hand and squeezed it. Just in time, we arrived at the hall where the press conference and party will be held. People opened the door for my parents, my brother opened the door for his fiance and someone opened the door for us. Media people were scattered, they were taking pictures, asking questions like "What is the press conference about, Mr. and Mrs. Yoon?" "Who's the beautiful girl in the red dress? Is she your daughter?" I chukled and smiled for the camera.

I walked to the entrance, Emily beside me and my brother and his fiance behind us and our parents being in front. We safely got inside the hall and we proceeded to where we will be interviewed. I checked the time in my phone and it was time. My mother approached me and said, "Dear, it's time." I nodded and followed them to the table with microphones and water. There were five seats. Enough for me, my mother, father, brother and Mi Na unnie. I told Emily to sit at our table. She sat there quietly and smiled at me.

Just then, it was time to start. The press conference was to be broadcasted and will definitely be on the newspaper headlines. My mother nodded at me and my father spoke up, "Hello everyone. I'm thankful for the people that came here today. For the people that I've been friends with in a long time. We are here today to introduce two wonderful people and we are here to answer your questions. Shall we start?" The interviewers nodded and raised their hands up as my father picked who went first. 

I scanned through the room and saw the boys with their parents, surprisingly, Sang Mi and Siwon were there as well. I smirked at myself and clenched my fists. I also noticed that the boys are eyeing me. I could careless. They would know the truth, needless to say.

My father picked a middle aged woman, "Mr. Yoon, we see today that you've brought two gorgeous ladies. We would like to know who they are, if you don't mind."

"Ahh, yes yes. The woman beside my wife is my daughter, Yoon Mi Hyun and the woman sitting beside my son is Geum Mi Na." 

"Can we know the relationship between your son and Geum Mi Na?" 

My father looked at my brother and my brother spoke up, "Of course. That's the reason why I brought her here." The crowd laughed.

"Anyways, she's my soon to be wife. We are engaged, we just waited for the arrival of my sister." He smiled at me. Now the crowd shifted to me.

"I see, thank you for answering our question Yoon Mi Hyuk." My brother bowed.

"Now, I want to ask Ms. Yoon Mi Hyun something." I smiled at her and said, "Go ahead."

"How come you never introduced yourself to the media until now?" I smiled and said, "Well, you see. Back then, I never liked any attention. I hated the fact that people were using me for money. Truthfully speaking, I wasn't ready at all. I never had a dream when I was young and I never intended to introduce myself to anyone without any dreams. Now, I have decided to introduce myself since I have a dream." I spoke confidently.

"Thank you for answering, but what is your dream?" 

I looked at the crowd and spotted Kwon Jiyong, he looked at me and shifted in his seat. "My dream, is to prove myself to people. That I'm not the person that they used to know. I didn't come back here in Korea without any back bone. Last time I checked, I went away here from Korea because I wanted to run away from my problems but once I stepped inside Incheon Airport, I told myself that I'll never come back to Korea unless I'm ready to prove myself. And here I am, willing to give people what they deserve for they made my life like hell."

"And what exactly do you mean by hell, Ms. Mi Hyun-shi?" I smirked and looked at Choi Siwon who was uneasy, I then shifted my gaze to Sang Mi who was looking at me with shocked eyes.

"Well, let's just say that people treated me really badly when they knew nothing about me. Hiding my identity to all, I thought it was a good thing. But it ended up as living in hell. They mistreated me, they threw rocks at me while I threw them bread. I couldn't throw rocks at them because I never had the backbone to. When I came back from California yesterday, obviously proud of my accomplishments, I kne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter