Awkward

You Know Nothing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER SIXTY-FOUR: awkward

It's been five months, which means Melody is already five months old. We already came back to Korea, with much persuasion of my family, and the YG Family. I know even if Jiyong hasn't talked to me after the day I told him that our relationship isn't going to work anymore, he's been coping with the pain I gave him. I know I may not gave him the decision that he might have been expecting, but I can't do anything. 

Jiyong and I are definitely being civil whenever our kids are around, especially to Melody. I don't want her to grow up realizing that she has a broken family, but she has to accept the reality, right? I just want her to grow up with a loving family. The love, it's still there. It never went away. I still love Jiyong, but the pain is unbearable. He didn't even do anything to change my mind. Was I selfish to ask for that? Was I too expectant? 

I guess I was. 

Today, I slept with Mi Yong again, even though Jiyong slept on the spare room, it just felt lonely. I wasn't used to this atmosphere, but soon, I know I'll be used to it. It was morning, specifically 6 AM. I usually wake up at this time now, first going to check for Melody and go downstairs to make breakfast and clean around the house. 

But this morning, things were different. As I went down the stairs, I could hear noise from the kitchen and I could smell a delicious aroma of food prepared. I furrowed my eyebrows as I slowly approached the kitchen and saw Jiyong's back. I was confused for a moment, because usually, he'd be still sleeping or already out at this time. I walked slowly to the kitchen, don't even know what I should do. 

Should I clear my throat and make him notice me? Should I call him? Or should I just approach him? With these conflicting ideas, I was too late, because Jiyong had already noticed me. "Oh... Mi Hyun.. You're awake?" He scratched his head, not even meeting my eyes. He just focused on the pan where he was frying egg rolls. I just nodded and silently responded, "Oh, uh, yeah..." 

Have I ever mentioned that in between those five months, we were still awkward to each other? Greeting him on his birthday was the most awkward thing I did for these five months. I didn't even know what to do. It was the same for him as well, he didn't know how to approach me. 

I have a gift for him, but I never had the time to give it to him, more like didn't have the courage to give it to him... I just watched him prepare breakfast, and was confused for a moment. Why was he up so early? To feed my confusion, I decided to muster up my courage and ask him. 

"Uhm, Jiyong?" He skillfully placed the egg rolls on the plate that he was holding, then turned the skillet off before turning around and respond, "Yeah?" 

I looked away and sighed, "Why are you up so early? And don't you have work?" I saw Jiyong's reaction, which was a frown, but he soon washed it away and shook his head, "Oh... No. I don't have to go to work today. I did all my work yesterday, and since my new song is getting released today. I don't have to go..." I just nodded and realized that he told me information about him. 

I just nodded and said, "Ohh... I see. W-w-what's your song about?" To avoid the awkwardness, I decided to ask. Or... To feed my curiousness once again. He smiled slightly and said, "Just... a simple song. It's getting released today at 4 pm, just listen to it." I blinked, why didn't he want to tell me his song? 

I sighed and nodded, "Okay, but... You don't have to cook, really... I can cook." He shook his head and said, "Just let me do something for the three of you... For the past five months, you've been doing all the housework." I realized that he still cared about me... To be honest, I wanted to hug him... Our o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter