Happy Broken Family?

You Know Nothing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT: happy broken family?

"What?!" Hyun Joong oppa exclaimed.

"What? I'm dead serious, oppa. Don't take me as I'm joking because I know everything now. From the start I'm not a Yoon but I'm a Park. I'm not scared to give up the last name of Yoon and replace it with Park. Now, tell me. Where is my daughter?" I threatened.

"Mi Hyun-ah. Please, listen to me. She's in a safe place. She lives with omma, she's 8 years old already. She does know that she has a different mother but she doesn't know that it's you." I softened a little bit after I knew a bit of information about my daughter. 

"So, she thinks aunty is her grandmother?"

"Yes, that's what she thinks and she's wondering where her mother is and we tell her that she's away doing business."

"Have you ever showed her a picture of me?"

"Yes, she knows how you look."

"But she doesn't know my name?"

"Yes, it's better that way, Mi hyun-ah." I sighed. Why was is better for me to go away without my daughter.

"Why? Why did you hide her from me? I demand to know, Hyun Joong oppa." I cried as he sighed.

"Fine, l'll tell you. It's because a week after you gave birth, you got into an accident and after that, you recovered but you didn't want to hold your baby. We thought that it would be best to just keep your baby away from you. You were a wreck, Mi Hyun-ah. We just ddn't want your daughter to get dragged down by your emotions."

I cried harder. I didn't want her? I didn't want to touch her? It seemed to unbelievable. "H-h-how did I get into an accident?" 

"When you were driving, a truck hit you. It wasn't your fault, it was his because you were clearly on the right lane and the driver was drunk so he was driving on the wrong lane. You were in a coma after that, Mi Hyun-ah.. Then, after you woke up afte 3 months, you couldn't remember anything, the only thing you remembered was the hatred and pain you endured all those years. That's why you didn't want to touch your daughter. We just wanted to protect the both of you. I hope you understand that Mi Hyun." I cried. I can't believe that all happened to me. How come I didn't remember anything? How come it never occurred to me all the things that happened?

"Oppa.." I called for Hyun Joong after our long silence.

"I'm going to get my daughter there next week." Hyun Joong oppa gasped.

"But,-"

"No buts, oppa. No matter what. I will get her." I hanged up and was determined to find where she was. I called Emily and asked her to find someone. I didn't tell her that she's my daughter. I was still trying to absorb every bits of information I knew. It was unbelievable but then again. After this, I will live peacfully with my daughter and Jiyong.

But on the other hand, what will I do if she asks for her father? What will i say? "I'm sorry, baby. Your father me. I can't forgive him." No. i can't say that. should I tell Siwon? I sighed and decided to just leave it to last minute because I don't want to think about Siwon.

Another problem that I have to face is Jiyong. How is he going to handle this? I massaged my temples as I gasped because of the rings of my phone. I looked at the caller ID and it was Jiyong. I felt so exhausted, emotionally and physically. I was having second thoughts about answering but it would be suspicious if I didn't answer it.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey, babe. You didn't call me. What happened?"

I sighed and said, "I'm sorry. I was too occupied. Don't worry. I'll tell you everything, so just go to my apartment tonight and I'll meet you there. Ok?" 

"Arasso, I'll meet you there. Drive safely, I love you." 

"I love you too." I hung up and I immediately went to my car but I was hesitant. What Hyun Joong told me a while ago rang a bell. I felt nervous all of a sudden. The car accident, I had before. Why can't I remember that? Was it the reason behind all of my verous breakdowns? I don't know. I don't know what's happening to me! 

I tried to brush off everything on my mind anddrove safely to my apartment. I took the elevator and minutes felt like hours. I was waiting impatiently for the apartment elevator to open. 

Finally, it opened and I walked slowly to my apartment. I touched the knob with the code, but I was hesitating whether to press enter or just walk away. I know that telling him everything thaat I knew today is a bit mind blwng but he deserves to know, right? He deserves this, besides, we're in this together. I'm going to stay positive with the baby news.

I pressed enter and the door clickled and made the opening noise. I walked in slowly and I heard Jiyong say, "Mi Hyun-ah? Is that you?" 

"Yeah, I'm here." I took off my heels and walked over to Jiyong who was sitting at the couch while watching. 

"Hey." I leaned in for a kiss and sat down beside him.

He turned off the TV and faced me. "So, what's up?" 

I looked at him intently before telling him everything. Yes, I told him everything now and he was quite shocked with the Park secret. Now, he knows that I'm a Park and not a Yoon. "Wow, that's.. heroic but it's kind of tragic at the same time. They hid it well, babe. But at least now, you're alright with your parents, right?" I sighed and said, "Not really. I can't understand them, Jiyong."

"Why?"

"I-i-t's because they hid my.." Yes, I didn't tell him about my daughter yet. I'm scared for his reaction. what if he leaves me? 

"Hid your what? Come on babe. Spill it." 

I started to tear up again and said, "They hid my baby away from me." He was stiff now. His eyes grew larger and I kept on crying. "Baby?" 

I nodded and said, "Yes. I have a baby. I didn't know either. I just remembered giving birth to her days ago. I was about to confirm it with Hyun Joong oppa at the same day but I was too occupied. I didn't want to tell anyone because I wasn't sure if it was reilable enough and earlier today, I finally had the opportunity to call Hyun Joong oppa and I confronted him about my daughter. He said that she knows how I look but doesn't know my name. The reason being, is because it was the best for the both of us." i cried and he cradled me on his arms. This wasn't the reaction that I expected but I guess he can't do anything about it anymore. It's been 9 years.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter