[8] Contender ?

His smile or his smirk?

 

 

“Ms. Park please wake up now before you get late to school.” Ms. Kim ordered the sleeping Elle who woke up with puffy eyes because of sleeping while crying the night before.

 

 

Ms. Kim looked Elle with a concern look of her eyes. “D’you cry last night?” Ms. Kim asked.

 

Elle nodded and lean her head to hide her eyes. “Don’t worry we’ll do something to that later. By the way this is Jessica Jung, your Personal Assistant. Since I can’t be with you the whole day, you can order her anything and she will help you cope with your new environment.”

 

Elle looked up and looked at Jessica who smiled at her. Ms. Kim ordered her to take her shower, afterward she went outside of the room. Jessica was left fixing and preparing Elle’s things.

 

As soon as she was done showering, Jessica went out of the room and got in when Elle dressed herself. She helped Elle fixed her hair and her uniform. She also put some kind of cream to the swollen eyes of Elle. “Now it looks normal.” Jessica said.

 

 

Elle smiled to thank here. Elle then put her big eyeglasses and coiled her hair tightly. They didn’t talk much since Elle still has the feeling of guilt to Sungmin.

 

 

When she was about to go out, “Wait, why is my uniform like this?” Elle paused at the door. “I believe the President transferred you to Chun Ha High. And that’s the uniform I found in your closet.” Jessica replied.

 

 

Elle looked at her things, “Why is my books changed? Aish, that old man. What is he planning to do?” Elle hastily went down and Jessica followed her as well. They went to the dining area where everyone was waiting.

 

 

 

When she arrived, Melanie greeted her cheerfully, “Good morning. You look so normal? I think.” and Donghae invited her to eat breakfast.

 

 

She didn’t mind them instead she asked in a serious tone, “Where is the old man?” Donghae looked at Elle with surprise and pointed the office.

 

 

Melanie was about to follow Elle when Kyuhyun glared at her. Elle went to the direction Donghae pointed at.

 

 

Once she arrived she didn’t control herself and anger rushed from her. “WHY DID YOU CHANGE MY UNIFORM? WHY DID YOU CHANGE MY THINGS? WHY DID YOU PLAN EVERYTHING WITHOUT ASKING ME? WHO TOLD YOU TO TOTALLY CONTROL MY LIFE?” Her grandfather remain still in his chair.

 

 

 

Kyuhyun automatically got in and dragged Elle out of the room. “What are you doing?” Elle said. “Do you think this will help Sungmin?” Kyuhyun replied as he released Elle’s arm.

 

 

 

Elle then looked at Kyuhyun while Kyuhyun leaved her alone. Jessica came and accompanied Elle to the dining area. Everyone was so quiet. They all ate their meal and finished it without even talking.

 

 

 

After they’ve done eating, the old man came and faced them. Elle can’t look straight to her grandfather after she realized what she’s done. From that on, she told herself not to do anything that will hurt Sungmin or anyone close to her. The old man announced that Elle will be studying at Chun Ha High where the rest of them are studying.

 

 

 

The school’s security is far better than Byung Moon has. Also, they can easily track Elle since he owns it and the school is categorized by Department of Education as the best school in the nation.

 

 

 

Elle agreed with what was her grandfather’s plan for her. She didn’t think of fighting him again or else someone will get the blame for her. As she was about to go out her grandfather called her attention. “Why do you look like that?”

 

 

 

“Oh. This is the real me. I think if I act normally no one will realize I am your granddaughter.” Elle replied as she fixed her eyeglasses and smiled at her grandfather.  They bowed to the old man as a sign that they will be leaving.

 

 

 

Outside, there were three cars waiting for them. Ms. Kim instructed that she and Melanie will be sitting together. Sungmin, as Elle’s personal bodyguard will be driving the car.

 

 

 

Jessica will take another car to protect her identity.  Donghae and Kyuhyun will be sitting together; they’ll have their own driver.

 

 

Before they go to school, Ms. Kim instructed Elle some reminders, “When you arrive at the school, no one should know you’re the President’s granddaughter. Also, you’re already listed to the Taekwondo club with Sungmin. You’ll be classmates with Kyuhyun and Donghae. And Sungmin will be classmates with Melanie. More importantly, since Sungmin is your personal bodyguard you should act normal when you’re together. Also even if Jessica looks young, she works as the school’s Guidance Counsellor; no one should know she’s your Personal Assistant. If you have any problems, don’t bother asking Jessica’s help. Understand?” “Yes. I’ll keep everything in mind Ms. Kim.” Elle replied then she got in the car.

 

 

 

While on their way, Melanie broke the silence. “So you’ll be classmates with Kyuh?” “Yeah, Ms. Kim told me that one.” Elle replied as she looked at Melanie.

 

 

 

“Then this will really be exciting. His contender has arrived. Kyuhyun should prepare.” Melanie said with a smile. “Prepare? Contender? Who, me?” Elle asked.

 

 

 

“Yes. You. Kyuh has been at the Top since he’s in Kinder with Donghae. But Hae isn’t that serious like Kyuhyun. And I think you’ll be eager to get on top since you’re a Top student in your previous school, so you’ll be Kyuh’s greatest contender. I’m excited.” Melanie replied.

 

 

 

 

Elle gulped and sighed. She taught she needs to work hard to be on top at this school she’ll be studying at most of all, it’ll be Kyuhyun who she is going to conquest. “We’re here now!” Melanie said excitedly.

 

 

“Yeah?” Elle replied, hesitant to keep going or to go back. But since she’s here there’s no time to think of getting back. She opened the car’s door nervously and the rest did the same way, but unlike Elle, they’re excited.