[39] Back to School

His smile or his smirk?

Few days has passed and their vacation time has ended. They will all be going back again to school. “Ms. Elle wake up now please~” Jessica whined as she keeps on shaking and started to pull her covers. Elle wants to go back to school but she hated waking up early in the morning.

 

 

 

“Just 5 more minutes.”She pleaded with sleepiness on her voice. Her bed doesn’t really want her to go away.

 

 

 

“Ms. Elle if you don’t wake up now you’ll be late. And if you’ll get late, your teacher will put a remark on you. And if that remark pulls you down to your ranking your grandfather will get mad. And if your grandfather gets mad h—“Jessica didn’t finish her speech because she was stopped by Elle.  “STOP! I’m awake. I’m fully awake.” She said as she stood up the bed and stretched.

 

 

 

She did her morning stuff then after she had put on her uniform she sat down at the front of her mirror. She take it back, she doesn’t feel like going to school today. She slumped down on the table and lay her head.

 

 

 

 

“Yah chipmunk! Don’t sleep. You need to look good today since we’re going back to school.”It was Kyuhyun who was waiting for Elle to finish her daily morning stuff. He was looking at every move she does and when he realised she’s doing nothing useful he decided to speak up.

 

 

 

 

“Hmm?”Elle raised her head to meet up Kyuhyun who was sitting on her couch. “What are you doing here?” she asked boringly.

 

 

 

 

“Take of your glasses.”He ordered as he moved near to her. “Why?” she asked curiously. He handed a small long box, inside were contact lenses for Elle. “Oh you bought it.” She said with a fake awe on her mood.

 

 

 

 

“Tcchh...stop talking just wear it.”He said annoyed of Elle. Never talk to this girl early in the morning.” Kyuhyun warned himself.

 

 

 

Elle took off her glasses and opened the box to get the lens. She gently placed it on her eyes and blinked a few times to check her vision. “Done. You happy?” she said at Kyuhyun with a tone of sarcastic her voice.

 

 

 

“And fix your hair. Just make it bounce down.”He said as he was gesturing Elle to bounced down her hair. Elle chuckled with this thought. She got her comb and combed her hair neatly and straight.

 

 

After which, she looked at Kyuhyun again. “Is it alright now?” she asked full of hope in her voice.

 

 

 

 

Never would I’ve thought you do look really beautiful without your glasses.”He taught to himself as he stared at her face.

 

 

 

“YAH!” Elle nudged Kyuhyun making him go back to reality. “You look fine.” He said instead and smirked then walked out of Elle’s room.

 

 

 

Elle grabbed her things then followed alongside with Kyuhyun.

 

~~~~~

 

 

 

“Dude! Is that Elle? The Rank 1 in school?”she heard some students talking as she walked in the corridor making her way to her room. “No. The school’s No. 1 is a nerd.” The other guy replied back making Elle glare at them. “Told you she’s her.” the first guy said.

 

 

 

 

As she was walking, she heard some gossips with her name. She then raised her head to look at Kyuhyun. He sent her a what-are-you-looking-at kind of look. “Why are they talking about me?” she asked with a worry on her voice.

 

 

 

 

 “That’s because you wanted to change.” Kyuhyun replied as they arrived at their classroom making all their classmates look at them. He immediately went to his seat and slumped down his bag. Elle did the same too, following Kyuhyun’s trail.

 

 

 

 

“Ommo Elle, is that really you?”Hyoyeon said with awe and disbelief in her voice. Elle smiled bitterly, “Who could it be?” she asked back.

 

 

 

 

“You look really beautiful now.”Hyoyeon said back with a full smile plastered on her face. “Erm, Thanks?” Elle replied shortly.

 

 

 

 

She doesn’t really know how to talk about her ‘sudden change’ with Hyoyeon. As much as she wanted to share it, she knows only Sooyoung can make her talk confidently.

 

 

 

 

Their professor suddenly arrive, making all the attentions from her shift to Mr. Jang. “Looks like Ms. Park got herself a change in the vacation.” He said with a smile on his face. She heard the class go ‘ooohhh..’ at the professor’s statement.

 

 

 

 

The class went on as normal as always. When the bell rung, she, together with Yoona, Donghae, Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun went to the school’s cafeteria to take their lunch. Melanie and Sungmin were waiting for them.

 

 

 

 

“Unnie looks like you’re gaining so much attention.”Melanie said as soon as Elle arrive with a food tray on her hand. She automatically slumped down her tray and sat down. “ I didn’t know it was this much attention I will gain.” She said with disappointment on her face.

 

 

 

 

“So you want to stop now?”Yoona asked before munching her food. “NO! It’s not like that. I must finish what I’ve started.” She said with enthusiasm on her voice.

 

 

 

 

“Fine. We’ll just sit back and watch at you then.”Donghae commented and gave her a fast smile then continued eating his food. “Melanie, where’s your brother?” Eunhyuk asked from nowhere. Sungmin realised Kyuhyun wasn’t there too. No wonder they’re really quiet. Because usually Kyuhyun and Elle would fight when they’re eating.

 

 

 

 

“Oh, I don’t know. Maybe on library or something. A date perhaps?”she said the last thing looking at Elle. Elle felt like she was struck by something hard. It was stinging her insides. “What?!” she managed to ask back at Melanie.

 

 

 

 

“Yeah right. Date my .”Donghae commented on Melanie. “Why?” she whined at him. She knew Donghae doesn’t believe her. “Kyuhyun doesn’t date anyone. He hates being with girls you know.” He said proudly on himself. He knew Kyuhyun that much.

 

 

 

 

 

“Pssh, why do you bother asking me when you don’t believe me?”Melanie replied back and rolled her eyes. “I believe you. It’s just that your statement is not really believable.” Donghae said trying to  convince Melanie about his intentions.

 

 

 

 

“Stop fighting the two of you. Let’s eat before the bell rings again.”Yoona ordered at the two of them.

 

They all continued eating then went back to their classroom when the bell rung again.