[38] Grandpa's Announcement

His smile or his smirk?

Elle was currently near the tree house, reading the book she just recently bought. She was there almost the whole day and will just return back at the mansion to eat then will go back at her place again and continue reading her book.

 

 

 

 

For the past two days, Kyuhyun hasn’t come back yet and Ms. Kim said he was strolling around Korea to fight his boredom. Plus he wants some break for teaching and re constructing Elle again.

 

 

 

Elle was not happy nor sad of this. She was normal as always.

 

 

 

She got tired of reading her book so she finally lay down on the grass. “Aish, when is Kyuhyun coming back. I’m in the middle page of reading my book and he isn’t back yet.” She whined at herself then closed her eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

“Miss me that much Chipmunk?”It was Kyuhyun who was walking around the place with his camera slinged on his neck. “Oh great. Now I’m hearing him.” Elle replied back at the voice she just heard.

 

 

 

 

“So you’re really thinking you’re just hearing me?”Kyuhyun bend next to Elle who was lying on the grass. Elle was surprised when she saw it was really Kyuhyun. “You’re back!” she exclaimed with a smile on her face.

 

 

 

 

 

“I told you I’m popping out if someone’s thinking of me.”He said with a smirk on his face then stood up. “Pssshh... as if I’m thinking of you.” She replied back waving the big book in front of Kyuhyun.

 

 

 

 

“Yeah right. Deny all you want.”Kyuhyun replied back with a mocking tone on his voice. “Whatever. So why are you here? How was strolling around Korea thing?” she asked back trying to play in with his game.

 

 

 

 

 

“Korea is still nice. I found out some things I shouldn’t have found out.”He said not looking at her but to the tree house in front of them.

 

 

 

 

“What is it? Tell me.”Elle asked in excitement. She was really curious of stuff that Kyuhyun talks about. “Try strolling around Korea as well for you to find out.” He said and smirked then started to walk back to the mansion.

 

 

 

 

“Aish, you’re always giving a cliff hanging conversation.”She said and scratched her head. Then she started to follow Kyuhyun to the mansion. When she arrive, she noticed the guards were scattered around and her Grandfather’s convoy cars were parked outside the mansion.

 

 

 

 

She started to run inside the mansion and noticed, the whole house was newly designed again. “Ms. Kim did Grandpa just arrived?” Elle asked as soon as she stopped and sat down on the living room.

 

 

 

 

“Yeah he is. He’s just on his office.”Ms. Kim replied back. She was standing near the staircase and was holding some papers.

 

 

 

 

“Why didn’t you tell me?”Elle asked with a pout on her face. She was trying really hard to get along with her grandfather. “That’s because you were outside all day.” Ms. Kim replied with a sound of sarcasm on her voice.

 

 

 

 

Finally, her Grandfather came by and sat down next to her in the living room. Melanie, Donghae and Kyuhyun were sitting next to Elle as well.

 

 

 

 

“Where were you a while ago? I didn’t saw you when I arrived.”Her Grandfather asked then smiled at her. “I was on the tree house a while ago. I’m reading this book.” She replied then showed her the big book she was holding.

 

“Oh.”Her grandfather shrugged.

 

 

“Grandpa why are you here?” Melanie asked innocently gaining weird stares from Sungmin and Eunhyuk who were standing beside the main door and from Kyuhyun and Donghae who were sitting next to her.

 

 

 

 

“What?!”she asked back from the people who were glaring at her. “Well, I was thinking if you could start training as well.” He said then sipped on his tea.

 

 

“Train?”Donghae asked back. The old man put down his cup and answered, “Yes training.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Uhm, Grandpa what kind of training?”Kyuhyun asked as well. They were all curious about the training Mr. Park is actually talking about.

 

 

 

 

He had a light laugh in realisation that he wasn’t clearing his answers. “Training like Sungmin and Eunhyuk are doing. You’ll have a security trainings as well.” He replied with seriousness on his tone.

 

 

 

 

“What? Why?!”they all asked in unison making the old man laugh. “I knew you’ll all be surprised. But I want to make sure you’ll all be aware on what to do in case of emergencies. You’re all living with me and we’re not sure who our enemies is. Might as well be prepared for the future.” He replied back.

 

 

 

 

“Uhm, Grandpa their training is quite erm, hard.”Elle said trying to convince her grandfather not to do it. “That’s the point. If the training is hard, surely the outcome will be good.” He said with assurance in his voice. “So do you agree?” he asked.

 

 

 

 

Elle looked at Sungmin and Eunhyuk who were saying NO in their mouths. She looked at Donghae, Kyuhyun and Melanie and they gave her a do-we-have-a-choice-look. She knew her grandfather doesn’t accept rejections.

 

 

 

 

She had a big sigh then replied, “Yes. I think it would be fun.” She said with a full smile plastered on her face. “Good thinking. I’ll see you tomorrow. Sleep early all of you.” The  old man said and stood up.

 

 

 

 

As soon as Grandpa was gone, they all had a big sigh. They really feel intense if he’s around them. “Great. I hope we won’t die in the middle of this training.” Melanie said then pouted on her brother.

 

 

 

 

“I don’t think so. I mean how hard could it be right?”Donghae said full of optimism on his voice. “Sungmin what do you actually do when you’re in training?” Elle asked in curiousness. Sungmin and Eunhyuk came nearer and replied,

 

 

 

 

“Physical trainings. We are all fighting each other. And you should really fight your partner as if he/she’s your enemy. Second, shooting training as well. You need to be a sharp shooter or else the Master Trainer will scold at you. And mind me, she’s more terrific than Ms. Kim. Plus the gadget trainings. There are a bunch of training gadgets there. And if you don’t know how to use it properly or damage it, you’ll be facing a punishment together with your teammates.”Sungmin said all with a worrying tone on his voice.

 

 

 

 

All of them gulped in nervousness. “I take it back. I think I’m going to give up.” Donghae said with scared on his voice. “We should do it or else Grandpa will be disappointed.” Kyuhyun said to the group.

 

 

 

 

“I think you all can make it. I mean you’ll all get used to it.”Eunhyuk said with enthusiasm on his voice. “I hope so. Let’s go eat. I’m hungry.” Melanie said then grabbed Elle’s hand and took her to the dining area. The rest followed as well.