[40]Exams

His smile or his smirk?

For the past few days Elle and Kyuhyun were always together. There are little rumours scattering around the campus saying that they have a special relationship with each other. Kyuhyun told Elle not to fight back or mention anything. The rumours will die on its own. He told her.

 

 

 

 

“Kyuhyun this book is heavy.”She complained as she hold again the book on top of her head. They were currently at the back of the school building where big trees are standing.

 

 

 

“Aish, just walk with it.” He ordered back while he was sitting on the grass, leaning his back on the tree, looking at Elle.

 

 

 

 

“Why do I need to do this?”she exclaimed at him. She was walking with the book balancing on her head for about 30 minutes now. And every time the book falls down, she would repeat her routine again. “Because  you’re not walking properly.” Kyuhyun replied then looked at her again.

 

 

 

 

“I’m tired. Can’t I have like a few minutes break?”she said and took off the book from her head.

 

 

 

“Fine. Sit here.” Kyuhyun replied and tapped the space next to him. Elle followed and slumped down next to him and started to read the book. It was actually the big book she was reading before.

 

 

 

 

“What’s so good about that book?”Kyuhyun said out of nowhere. “This book is just awesome. It’s full of magic and surprising stuff.” She said with a smile on her face. “And that’s what makes it awesome?” Kyuhyun asked back with a brow raised.

 

 

 

 

“YAH! Don’t insult this book.”Elle howled at him. Kyuhyun covered his ears, “You’re so small but your voice is so high!” Kyuhyun replied back at her.

 

 

 

 

“I know I’m awesome like that.”She said confidently and smiled at him. “You got confidence now eh?” Kyuhyun mocked at her. Elle nodded in agreement.

 

 

 

 “Good. Now break is over. Start again.” He said and pushed Elle away.

 

 

 

 

“YAH! You’re so mean.”Elle managed to say then put the book on her head again and started to walk. After a few more tries, she got the hang of it and cope with the way she should walk. Kyuhyun smiled at her then got the book off her head. “At last.” He sighed and smiled at her. Smiled.

 

 

 

 

“Stop smiling it’s disturbing.”Elle said as she moved her attention on the other side. “You’re the only one who gets disturb when I smile.” He teased back.

 

 

 

“That’s because you always smirk at me not smile.” She said back at his face. “And you loved it.” Kyuhyun said with confidence on his tone.

 

 

 

 

“Dream all you want Kyuhyun.”Elle replied back. “Conceited much?” she asked at him raising a brow. “Nah, it’s not my fault I was born honest.” He said then smiled at her again and started to walk away.

 

 

 

 

Elle scratched her head, “Aish, wait for me!” she yelled at him. Kyuhyun didn’t stop his track making Elle run after him. He was smiling at himself for victory.

 

~~~~~

 

 

 

“Yeah right. Enjoy all you want the two of you. I’m so going to have my little revenge.”A voice said from afar. Looking at Elle who was running after Kyuhyun who was walking away. Most especially for you Elle.

 

~~~~~

 

 

 

The professor came in grumpily at their class that day. He put on his things on his table first then came to an announcement, “In a week, the examination will come again. Please start studying your lessons.” He said then started to scribble on the board.

 

 

 

The class went on normal as always.

 

 

 

 

“Elle are you excited for the exams?”Yoona asked as they were hanging out at the cafeteria again. “Hmmm? I’m not. I didn’t even know the examination will be next week. I haven’t even started studying yet.” She said with a pout on her face. “But it’s okay. My grades are high.” She said again then smiled at Yoona.

 

 

 

 

“This girl is so bipolar.”Kyuhyun commented. Making Elle looked at him with a glare on her eyes.

 

 

~~~~~

 

Finally the examination day has come. Elle was running off the stairs while facing her notes. She was memorizing something then looked back at her notes again. She came to a halt when she reached on the dining room.

 

 

 

“Unnie, you’re nervous?”Melanie asked as Elle sat down and put a toast on . Elle raised her eyes to look at Melanie, “I’m not prepared. I need another week to get prepared.” She said with disappointment in her voice, still looking at her notes.

 

 

 

 

“Do you think you’re still going on top?”Eunhyuk asked as he shoved a spoonful of rice on his mouth. “I would start believing in miracles if that happened.” She said emotionless while eating her meal.

 

 

 

 

“Let’s go now.”Kyuhyun said and stood up from his seat. Elle drank her water then followed as well together with the others.

 

 

 

 

They all arrive at the school not confident except for Kyuhyun. He looks cold as always. Elle had a big sigh when she sat down on her chair. She took out her pencil case then put away all her notes. Relax Elle. You’ll get this. You’re not aiming to be on top anymore.” She convinced herself.

 

 

 

 

Their proctor came in with the envelopes containing the test papers on his arms. “Please pull out your pencil case, put away your notes and most importantly NO CHEATING!” he warned then started to distribute the envelopes.

 

 

 

 

“Fighting!”Donghae smiled at her. She looked at him as well then cheered at him. She also looked at the emotionless Kyuhyun and cheered him. He smirked in reply.  She looked back to cheer at Eunhyuk too, she received a genuine smile after. Yoona turned back at them and sent them a Fighting sign. They all smiled in reply.

 

 

 

 

After all the examinations were done, Elle had a big smile on her face. She stood up and stretched her body, “Burden free.” She told herself then smiled at Eunhyuk.

 

 

 

 

“Cafeteria? I’m hungry.”Donghae suggested and looked at all of them. They all nodded, got their things then went to the cafeteria.

 

 

 

 

They all slumped down at the table when they arrive. “Sungmin can you buy me something? I don’t feel like walking this time. I’m so tired.” Elle said as she lay her head on her bag which is positioned above the table.

 

 

 

 

Sungmin followed and went to the counter. Donghae bought something for Yoona too who was laying her head on her bag as well. “Why do you all seem so tired?” Melanie blurted out as she was looking at these senior students who looked like they all fought in the World War in exhaustion.

 

 

 

 

“Because the exams are daebak.”Eunhyuk replied while drinking his smoothie. “Oppa is it really hard?” Melanie asked. She was thinking maybe Eunhyuk’s over reacting on his comments. “Well, every semester the exams gets harder.” He simply commented then ate his food.

 

 

 

 

His reply cleared everything on Melanie. She only manage to reply an ‘o-sign’ on .

 

~~~~~

 

A few days after,  the day for the posting of the examination results plus the ranking will be announced. They all waked up normally as well. But with Elle not acting normally. She was hyper, enthusiastic or maybe full of energy that day.

 

 

 

 

She was humming a sound while walking down the staircase. “You seem so happy?” Eunhyuk commented when Elle grabbed her seat. She only replied with a smile. “Don’t you feel nervous?” Donghae asked while eating his meal.

 

 

 

 

“I’m fine. I’m just excited about the results today.”She said back with that smile on her face. Kyuhyun was looking at her weirdly. And Sungmin was not the type to talk a lot when he’s eating.

 

After 10 minutes they all went to their cars then made their way to school.

 

~~~~~

 

 

 

While they were walking on the hallway, it seemed like Elle had seen this scene before. Déjà vú perhaps. The same students were crying and the same students were jumping in happiness.

 

 

 

 

“Elle you’re not nervous right?”Sungmin asked with worry in his tone. “I told you I’m fine. Why are you so nervous?” Elle asked looking weirdly at him. “Just asking. You might hyperventilate the second time around.” He replied then smiled at her.

 

 

 

 

When they were getting nearer at the announcement board, the students made a big space for them. The fan girls are squealing again and there were boys who were staring at the girls with something on their looks. Most especially, for Elle.

 

 

 

 

“Who’s got to go first?”Melanie asked curiously. “Off course it will be Juniors.” Donghae replied back. She always loved teasing Melanie.

 

 

 

 

Melanie rolled her eyes then stood at the part of the Junior’s list. She looked at the piece of paper posted then smiled when she found her name. She turned around at Elle who was giving her a ‘what’ look.

 

 

 

 

“I’m still 3rd and Sungmin went up to 7th.”She said then walked in the front of the Seniors list. She waved her hand then called out Elle and Kyuhyun. “YAH! Oppa come here!” she motioned.

 

 

 

 

Donghae, Eunhyuk, Elle and Kyuhyun flocked in front of the board. They all looked at each other and made an ‘ooohh..’’ sound. They moved away from the board and scooted next to Sungmin and Melanie. “What is it?” Melanie asked excitingly.

 

 

 

 

“Kyuhyun’s back at first, Elle’s second, Donghae’s 4th and Yoona and I are tied on 10th.”Eunhyuk replied back. He wasn’t sad of finding out that he’s gone down. He was feeling lucky he’s still on it.

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile, Elle was really happy. The smile on her face was really genuine. “Eh? Aren’t you sad?” Sungmin asked weirdly as he waved his hand in front of Elle. “Sad? I’m happy. Luck is always on my side.” She said dreamily.

 

“Calling the attention of Ms. Elle Park to please come to the Principal’s office right now. Again Ms. Elle Park to please come to the principal’s office right now. Thank You.”The authority in charge of this calling the attention thingy announced.

 

 

 

 

Elle felt kind of nervous when she heard her name. She then looked at Kyuhyun with a what-do-you-think happened look. “Don’t ask me chipmunk.” He bluntly replied and snubbed her off.

 

 

 

 

“Elle go now. You don’t want the principal to wait right?”Yoona said. She just passed by the announcement board when she saw Donghae and his group.

 

 

 

“We’ll be at the room.” Eunhyuk replied then smiled at her. Elle nodded and waved at them.

 

“What could this be?”she taught to herself as she arrived at the front of the Principal’s office.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Heyyo Readers! You might think my chapters are quite long. I'm sorry. I'm just in a rush to finish this story before the school opens again.

Please keep on commenting. Thanks. <3