[5] Meeting them

His smile or his smirk?

 

While she was walking, her mind was flying. She continued walking until she bumped to a guy walking as well, reading a book.  “I’m sorry.” Elle said as she was trying to stand up.

 

 

“It’s okay.” The guy said and smiled. “Where are you going?” He asked.

 

 

Elle tried to recover her mind, “Yeah, to my room. But I don’t know where it is. I should keep going and maybe I’ll find it.”

 

 

The guy smiled and said, “I’ll just accompany you. You look depress.” Elle smiled and nodded. The two walked together to their room. “So you’re Grandpa’s granddaughter?” the guy asked as he broke the silence forming.

 

 

“Yeah. I’m still absorbing everything I just knew just now. By the way, who are you?”

 

 

“Finally you’re here. It’s nice you’ve finally met him. He’s Lee Donghae.” It was Ms. Kim who was waiting, standing beside a room.

 

 

Then a girl went out from the room at the front of the room Ms. Kim was waiting to. “She’s Melanie Aurora Lee, she’s Donghae’s cousin.” The girl hugged Elle and said, “Finally, a girl in this mansion. I’m sick of seeing boys every day since I lived here. It’s nice to meet you Elle. I’m Melanie.”

 

 

Elle replied, “It’s nice to meet you too Melanie.” Donghae came in between and extended his hand, “It’s nice to meet you Elle.”

 

 

Elle smiled and replied, “It’s nice to meet you too.” “Wait there’s one more. Lee Kyuhyun, Melanie’s older brother. I think he’s still on his way home.” Ms. Kim said.

 

 

“So are they my cousins?” Elle asked. Ms. Kim replied, “If you want to treat them like one. They are adopted by your Grandfather when their grandparents died 10 years ago.”

 

 

Elle uttered, “Oh, it’s nice I won’t be living alone.” “Since you’ve already met them, I’ll bring you to the room where you’ll be staying.” Ms. Kim said. Then Elle followed Ms. Kim and waved goodbye to the cousins.

 

 

Ms. Kim brought Elle to the room she was standing a moment before. The room was really big with the best furniture and painted with mostly pink and white in it. She then opened a closet where the newest and latest trends of the fashion has.

 

 

She saw two telephones beside the lamp on the table. She was trying to call Sooyoung but it won’t ring. She then informed Ms. Kim of this. Ms. Kim carefully explained the two telephones.

 

 

The white one was for the mansion use. Meaning it’s only connected to the mansion. The pink one was for the local call. She should use this one in calling other people outside the mansion.

 

 

Elle then understood everything. Ms. Kim said she’ll be leaving now and that she has some chores to be done. Elle thanked her politely then finally Ms. Kim went out.

 

 

 

Elle roam around the room and saw the huge bed she’ll be sleeping at. She also opened another door where the shower room is.

 

 

She was amused by the beauty of the room. She also saw her things neatly arranged in a table beside her bed.Then the telephone rang, it was the white one. She answered it, and she heard a woman’s voice saying that she needs to go down now and that she’ll have the dinner with Donghae, Melanie and Sungmin. But then she said she doesn’t know where is the dining room located, the woman’s voice said she’ll be sending someone to lead her.

 

 

As she was sitting at the bedside, someone knocked at the door. Elle then thought it was the person to lead her to the dining area. When she opened the door she saw Sungmin waiting. “Why you?” asked Elle.

 

 

“It’s the head’s order to me as your personal bodyguard Ms. Park.” He replied. Elle stared at Sungmin and realized it wasn’t really his fault. It was a secret task for him to protect her. Sungmin, standing straight at Elle’s front, can’t look directly at her and acts awkward.

 

 

Elle then said, “Can we, uhm, can we bring back the way everything should be?” “If that’s what you want Ms. Park.” He replied. “And please stop calling me that one if you want to protect me.” She ordered.

 

 

“Yes Elle.” He replied again. “And lastly, the atmosphere? It’s awkward. I want it to be the same way we are.” She ordered.

 

 

Suddenly, Sungmin smiled and seems like ‘transformed’. Elle smiled too and liked it better than what it was previously. They went together at the dining area and when they arrived, Donghae and Melanie were there.

 

 

They greeted Elle with a cheerful and better mood. She sat beside Melanie and Sungmin sat beside her. Everyone started to eat but Elle didn’t.

Donghae asked her what’s wrong. “He’s not eating with us.” A guy replied as he sat down beside Donghae.