Grief

His smile or his smirk?

Donghae was awakening from the ring of his phone. It was Yoona.

 

 

“Baby he said tiredly as he was feeling his head.

 

 

“Look. Elle was kidnapped and there’s no time to waste. She’s in the xxxxx Ocean Park. Now, go and hurry up! I’ll call for help.” Yoona said nervously on the other line.

 

 

“How did you know all of these?” Donghae asked wonderingly. “I’ll be explaining later. Now, GO!” she yelled from the other line.

 

 

“And, don’t forget I love you whatever happens.” Yoona continued then waited for him to end the call.

 

 

“I love you too baby.” Donghae said then finally hanged up. Yoona called Sungmin and Eunhyuk for help while Donghae was in a hurry to get to the ocean park.

 

 

Currently at the ocean park...

 

 

Elle was blindfolded, tied body on the chair and helpless. 

 

 

“Now look who we have here.” An old man’s voice echoed the place.

 

 

“Who are you?” Elle softly asked but full of scary thoughts in her voice.

 

 

“Do you know me?” the old man asked.


 

“You’re aware thatI’m blindfolded right? How do you think I can recognize you?” Elle asked with as-a-matter-of-fact tone.

 

 

“Stupid!” the old man shrieked and slapped Elle on her cheek.

 

 

“Your mother haven’t taught you to respect older people, I see.” He continued while looking at Elle with full of anger.

 

 

“They did. But they also taught me to choose the people I should give my respect to. And sadly, you don’t belong on the list.” Elle replied then smirked at the old man.

 

 

“That’s right. Keep on talking. In any moment, you’re going to die like what I’ll be doing to your old man.” He threatened then had an evil laugh.

 

 

“Don’t touch my Grandpa!” she shrieked and tried to get off the chair.

 

 

“Too late Elle. Don’t worry. You’ll die quietly.” He said then ordered the men to carry the chair she’s in and throw it to the tank full of water.

 

 

 

~~~~~

On the other hand, no one of the visitors knew that Elle was kidnapped. Only the bodyguards, the grandchildren and the closest friends knew it.

 

 

“Where is she now?” Elle’s Mom said in tears as they were all seated in the living room of the mansion.

 

 

“The security is on high alert now and the visitor’s are one by one leaving the party.” Ms. Kim said.

 

 

“Kyuhyun where are you going?” Ms. Kim asked as Kyuhyun was on his way out of the mansion.

 

 

“I just need to talk to someone. I’ll be back.” He said then exited the mansion.

 

 

Not knowing, Melanie was following him. She hid on the back part of the car and was trying to investigate what’s up with her brother.  As soon as Kyuhyun had arrived, she was shocked to know where they were. At the ocean park where Yoona said Elle was.

 

 

But how come Oppa knows this? Only Sungmin and Eunhyuk knew Elle was here. This can’t be.” She told herself as she followed Kyuhyun’s track.

 

 

Soon enough, Donghae has arrived. He was on his most careful movement so no one can notice him.

 

 

“Throw her now.” The old man ordered then they all left the room. “You’ll die like your father.” He said and they were all gone leaving Elle who was trying to get off the chains on her. The weight on her was heavy. Really heavy.

 

 

Elle’s POV...

“Anyone? Please help me!” those were the words which were running on my mind. I can’t do this. I’m almost out of breath. Grandpa. Donghae. Sungmin. Eunhyuk. Kyuhyun. He was the person I’m expecting to save me from here.

 

 

If I can’t do this, please God, save my Grandpa. Save him. And then bubbles of my last breath popped and I closed my eyes, ready to accept my death.

 

 

But what’s this? Who’s this? Someone’s shaking me. Donghae. I was crying in the water. What is he doing here? He’s alive?! He untangled me and soon he had me on the dry land.” I was alive” I thought.

 

 

“Go now! Save Melanie! I saw her entering this place!” he yelled at me as he was still on the water.

 

 

“But how about you?!” Elle replied angrily.

 

 

“Don’t worry about me. I can untangle this. Now, Leave me and save her! GO!” Donghae pushed her away and soon Elle was running towards nowhere. He will just be untangling the chains which were rolled on his feet.

 

 

~~~~~

“Leave her alone Grandpa!” Kyuhyun yelled in front of his grandfather.

 

 

“You’ve been acting so soft now Kyuhyun. And you’re not even blood-related. You’re a Cho, not a Lee.” His grandfather said strictly. “With her being out of your life. You’ll be back to the emotionless Grandchild I had.” He continued while looking at Kyuhyun who was outraging.

 

 

“You’ve been this soft since you met Elle.” He commented. “You do know that Elle is dying right now don’t you?” he asked while looking at him.

 

 

“I don’t care about her.” Kyuhyun replied selflessly. “That’s because someone’s going to save her.” he continued on his mind. “And you’re acting trying to look like you’re back to being selfless now?” his grandfather commented then laughed at him.

 

 

“Please Grandpa. I’m going to save Melanie then I’ll be staying away from Elle. Please...” Kyuhyun pleaded and tears trickled off his face.

 

 

“That’s a deal then. Now, go before the bomb goes BOOM!” his grandfather said then had an evil laugh.

 

 

Kyuhyun rushed towards the door and looked for Melanie. As soon as he spotted her, Elle came inside as well.

 

 

“What are you doing here? I thought...” Kyuhyun was out of words as he was trying to untie Melanie fastly.

 

 

“I’m not going to die Kyuhyun. Not now.” She said then soon they both saved Melanie who was crying and hugging Kyuhyun.

 

 

“Let’s go.” Kyuhyun said and they all run out of the place.

 

 

~~~~~

Donghae was struggling on the chains which were all over him now. He had no other choice to do. He was happy knowing he saved Elle and he could have saved Melanie. He had no grudge on Kyuhyun, although he noticed even before that something was weird with him. In time, he had given up and soon it’s all over. He was floating on the tank.

 

 

Yoona jumped on the water and freed Donghae. She pulled Donghae until they’ve reached the cold floor. “Baby, please wake up!” she said as she was crying and all wet with water.

 

 

“Baby!” she yelled and tried to revive Donghae again and again. She’s done everything to save him, but it’s all worthless.

 

 

She put Donghae’s head on her lap and continued crying. “I’m sorry for not telling you. I’m sorry for betraying you. It wasn’t my choice.” She started as she was sobbing on him.

 

 

“Don’t worry baby. I’m not mad at you. I still love you.” Donghae was able to say. He wiped Yoona’s tears ”I’ll be waiting for you.” and soon he was gone.

 

 

“NO! Donghae! Please!” she whined all over the room. Then Sungmin and Eunhyuk arrived and they both carried Donghae off the place. Yoona came along and they all went back to the mansion while the police were searching the place for any sign of Mr. Cho.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Comments are loved <3