[4] Explaination

His smile or his smirk?

 

“Aaahh!” Elle exclaimed as the wax was pulled off her leg. A group of cosmetics expert were beautifying her, from her messy hair to her cramped feet. In short, she was being transformed from the bizarre school nerd who knows everything to a total stunning look she should have.

 

 

“Ms. Park, finally you’re awake.” A middle aged woman wearing an office look uniform, with her hair tied neatly, bearing a charming smile asked her. She was Ms. Kim as she introduced herself. She was her grandfather’s secretary in and out of the mansion.

 

 

“Wait, what? Grandpa? Mansion? I’m still confused. Can you please explain detail per detail?” Elle asked continuously as the crew was matching the best dress for her.

 

 

Ms. Kim just smiled and said, “Your grandfather will. Just wear this dress and I’ll send you to meet him.” Elle followed Ms. Kim’s order and wore the dress hurriedly. Ms. Kim put her in front of the mirror and the crew was so proud of the makeover they’ve done.

 

 

Elle was a total package, from her well done hair to her high heeled shoe. She was stunning like a goddess and even she can’t believe what she just saw in the mirror. “Now it’s time to meet your grandfather. Now remember remain respectful and talk to him properly.” Ms. Kim ordered.

 

 

Elle nodded and kept on shaking her hands. She was nervous and was still trying to refresh her mind from the scenario a few hours ago.

 

 

“There he is.” Ms. Kim stated as he was pointing to an old man confronting a teen at the living area.

 

Elle moved closer and realized it was Sungmin. “How could you let her walk alone?!” the old man exclaimed in anger.

 

 

“Why did you come late, what if, what if she was caught? What if she died? Can you bring back her life?!” the old man strike again as he was acting to slap Sungmin.

 

 

“NO!” Elle exclaimed while moving closer to Sungmin. “I-I’m sorry for getting in to your conversation, but please don’t hurt him.” Elle uttered pleasingly to her grandfather.

 

 

The old man looked Elle from head to toe. Then he smiled and said, “Now you look more like my granddaughter. You don’t understand what I am trying to do here.”

 

 

“I thought those guys are with us.” Sungmin said to the old man. “I didn’t send any men to get her. You know I’m protecting her that’s why I didn’t get her from her mother.” The old man said.

 

 

“Then who are they?” Sungmin asked. “I’ll take care of this one, you’re dismissed.” The old man ordered Sungmin. Sungmin then moved backward and stayed beside the front door.

 

 

“Wait, can you please explain to me everything?” Elle asked looking confused at the old man. The old man looked at her and said, “I guess it’s time. Follow me.” Then Elle followed the old man until they reached a big room filled with awards, books and some other stuff which Elle thinks the old man’s office.

 

 

“Seat down” the old man said to Elle.

 

Then Elle seat down properly and looked at the old man. The old man, clueless where to start, commanded Elle to keep on asking and that he’ll just answer it as long as he knows.

 

 

“Who are you?”

 

“I am your grandfather and you are my only granddaughter.”

 

“Why didn’t I learn I still have a living grandparent?”

 

“I ordered your Mom to hide you for your safety.”

 

“Wait, my Mom knows this?”

 

“Yes. I asked her to stay away from me. The day your father died, my only son, I send financial help and some other stuff that help you grow as an ordinary girl you knew.”

 

“Why am I here?”

 

“Sungmin brought you here, instead of bringing you to your house. She knows your Mom is still working by this time.”

 

“Who are those guys chasing me to death at school?”

 

“They are the enemies. They were trying to get you and kill you.”

 

“Enemies? Kill me? Why? What did I do?”

 

“I honestly don’t know who they are but what I know is that they’re trying to kill you. That’s why I send Sungmin.”

 

“Sungmin?”

 

“He’s your personal bodyguard and he’ll protect you from anyone who tries to hurt you. I get mad at him a while ago because he came late, when he’s suppose to protect you. Are you alright now?”

 

“Oh, uhm...yes, I’m fine. I think I should go home now. My Mom is alone at our house.”

 

“No one is leaving this mansion!” The old man replied now in a more manly and strict tone.

 

 

Elle still surprise stood up and moved away from the old man.  Then her grandfather said in more calm tone, “I know you’re tired. I have my plans for you, you can rest now. I know it’s hard to believe everything you just learned but this is where you belong and you’ll be staying here for the moment.” Elle just didn’t looked back at her grandfather then she went out of the room.

 

 

While she was walking, her mind was flying. She continued walking until she bumped to a guy walking as well, reading a book.