[18] At the ice cream shop

His smile or his smirk?

It was Sunday morning. Elle was still depressing about Donghae and Yoona’s past relationship. She kept on thinking about them over and over again. For the whole week, she never joined the group and she’ll always go home directly.

 

 

*knock*

A knock on the door was heard. Elle was about to open when Melanie went inside directly. “Elle unnie! Are you mad at me?” she asked her. Elle sat down then lay in her bed, shook her head and replied in a low voice, “No.”

 

 

Melanie wobbled her and asked, “Then what’s your problem? Why do you keep on avoiding us? What is bothering you? Why do you seem to be thinking of something really deep? Why is it that you’re not eating with us anymore? Why do you look so depress? What is happening to you?” Melanie asked her continuously. 

 

 

“Nothing. I’m just not in the mood hanging with you guys.” Elle replied lifelessly. “Aish! Wake up! Let’s go to the ice cream shop unnie!” Melanie said loudly. She opened the curtains, the windows and kept on disturbing Elle to go with her.

 

 

“Fine. Let’s go then.” Elle stood up and walked towards the shower room. “I’ll just shower up.” She said. “Deh! I’ll come back here later. I’m going to fix myself too.” Melanie replied cheerfully then went out of the room.

 

 

While Elle was doing her stuff, Melanie was also doing her stuff. She changed her dress and grabbed her bag, phone and wallet.

 

 

She walked out of her room and saw Kyuhyun, “Are you going out?” Kyuhyun asked.  Melanie looked at Kyuhyun and replied, “Yeah. I’m taking Elle unnie to the ice cream shop. She looks depress so I thought ice cream will solve her problems. Want to join us?” she asked.

 

 

“Never mind. You’re with the chipmunk.” Kyuhyun replied bluntly. “Oh come one. I’m going to treat you. So let’s go.” Melanie said and grabbed him to Elle’s room. When they both arrived, Elle was done fixing herself. She wore an ordinary top and jeans still with the big glasses she owns. “Elle unnie let’s go?” Melanie asked her.

 

 

“Uhm, yeah. Let’s go.” She replied and smiled bitterly. “You don’t mind having Kyuhyun oppa with us right?” Melanie asked while they’re on their way to Kyuhyun’s car. “Huh? No.” She shook her head and replied. She was about to open the door at the back seat when Melanie grabbed her. “Unnie you should seat beside oppa.” And she pointed at the front seat.

 

 

“It’s okay. You should se--“Without finishing what she was about to say, Melanie grabbed her and forced her to seat beside Kyuhyun. “Okay. Now to the ice cream shop!” Melanie said excitedly.

 

 

While on their way, Melanie keeps on talking and talking about some random stuff. Elle was keeping on looking at the window and Kyuhyun was focus on the road. But sometimes, he will take a glimpse on Elle. She seems thinking about something really serious.

 

 

“We’re here!” Melanie said excitedly and pulled Elle inside the ice cream shop. When they got inside, Melanie kept on looking at the flavours. She can’t really decide which one she should pick.

 

 

Since she’s taking time, “Melanie can I go outside? I’ll be in the other shops. I’ll be right back.” Elle said in permission. Melanie smiled and nodded.

 

 

When she was walking and strolling outside she was looking at the items displayed at the glass window. She keeps on walking until she stopped by another ice cream parlour; it wasn’t the parlour that caught her attention, but the customers inside.

 

 

She saw Donghae and Yoona happily feeding each other the ice cream they got. They seem really enjoying themselves not to mention they’re really sweet. “Are they together again?” Elle asked herself.

 

 

She didn’t know but her tears were flowing off of her eyes. She knew nothing was going on between her and Donghae, but she was hurt. She was heartbroken. The first time she fell in love, she was wounded inside.

 

 

She was about to move away when she bumped to someone’s chest.