[19]Lonely

His smile or his smirk?

She was about to move away when she bumped to someone’s chest. When she looked up she saw it was Kyuhyun.

 

 

-Flash back of Kyuhyun-

 

 

“Oppa can you look for Elle unnie? She told me she’ll just be roaming around but she’s not yet back.” Melanie asked Kyuhyun when he got inside the shop.

 

 

I continued on walking until I saw her standing like a statue in the front of another ice cream parlour.

 

 

 I kept on calling her but she’s not turning around.

 

When I went nearer, she bumped into me.

 

 

I looked what she was looking at. Then I saw Donghae and Yoona eating inside the ice cream parlour.

 

 

When I looked down at Elle she was crying.

 

 

I grabbed her hand and take her out of that place.

 

 

I went inside the car where Melanie was waiting with the ice cream cups in her hands.

 

 

She was asking me about what had happened to Elle but I don’t know what to answer.

 

 

-Reality-

 

 

“Oppa, what happened to her?” Melanie asked in surprise when she saw Elle crying. “I’ll tell it to you later. Not now. We need to go home.” Kyuhyun replied anxiously.

 

 

When they arrive, Elle went directly to her room. Even the maids she passes by are surprised. Too bad Jessica wasn’t there to comfort her. Sungmin was having her training by this time, so no one can really talk to Elle.

 

 

“What happened to her?” Melanie asked softly to him.

 

 

“Yoona and Donghae are together.” Kyuhyun replied directly. Melanie looked at where Elle’s room is and replied,“Poor unnie. She must be really hurt. I should comfort her.”  She said and was acting to knock Elle’s door when Kyuhyun grabbed her hand.

 

 

“No. Let her cry. Just talk to her later.” He said and released her hand then walked back to his room.

 

 

Elle, who lay in her bed, kept on crying and crying. She wanted to stop but it’s as if her eyes won’t stop flowing off tears.

 

 

She kept on blaming herself, I shouldn’t have liked him ever!” she told herself. I should have focused more about my studies and other stuff rather than falling for him.” she cried again. Elle Park why are you so dumb! Kyuhyun was right, you’re not smart at all. You’re childish and immature and all this stuff that no one likes”she told herself.

 

 

She kept on talking to herself and at the same time crying until she fell asleep.

 

 

~~~~~

The next morning, Elle woke up feeling the sun’s light brushing her face. She slightly covered her face and stood out of the bed. She wasn’t in the mood to move or anything but it’s as if her body wasn’t cooperating with what she wanted.

 

She went inside the bathroom and took a long bath then fixed herself properly. She walked in front of the mirror and looked at herself then tied her hair ponytail; she slowly moved out of her room like a zombie, feeling helpless and really sad.

 

 

“Ms. Park do you want to eat your breakfast now?” an old maid, looks about late 40s, called her attention. Elle, without any focus on what’s happening said back “Huh? Oh yeah. Sure” then moved to the dining room where everyone was eating already.

 

 

“Hi unnie!”Melanie said in surprise as Elle arrived in the room. “Elle want to join us for breakfast?” Donghae said awkwardly not knowing anything about what happened the previous day. Elle just stared at him with a blank expression, grabbed a piece of toast then walked out of the mansion.

 

 

Melanie was about to follow her when Kyuhyun grabbed her in arm “Let her be alone.” Then she sat down again looking at Elle who was moving away.

 

 

~~~~~

Elle hailed a cab then gave the address to the driver and he started to speed up. While on her way, she kept on thinking about what had happened previously. She can still remember clearly how happy Donghae and Yoona are while eating their ice cream.

 

 

She was feeling really sad and was about to fall a tear again when the driver stopped the cab and told her they’ve arrived. She paid the fare then went out of it.

 

 

She sighed deeply then knocked at the door. She kept on knocking but no one was answering. “Maybe she isn’t around.” She said then took her phone out and called her Mom.

 

 

“Yobosaeyo? Elle is that you?”

 

“Mom! Hey.”

 

“Elle why did you call?”

 

“Huh? I came at the house but you aren’t here. Where are you Mom?”

 

“I’m really busy Elle.”

 

“Oh, Sorry. I’ll just talk to you later then.”

 

“I’m really sorry Elle. I need to hang up now.”

 

Then her Mom hangs up and Elle was left alone again. She sat outside the gate thinking of what should she do or where she should go. She felt really lonely being all alone by herself.

 

 

“If I never accepted Grandpa’s offer, my life wasn’t this complicated. I’ve never been alone by myself before.” She told herself then tears started to fall from her eyes. It wasn’t the tears because of the previous incident. Instead, it was the tears of loneliness; feeling of no one to talk to, fear of being alone.

 

 

She was crying really hard when someone approached her, “Elle, is that you? Why are you crying?”