[22]Just Friends

His smile or his smirk?

After retouching Elle’s make up and fixing herself as well, Yoona hailed a cab and they both made their way to the club.

 

 

When they arrive, everyone was dancing, drinking, and enjoying themselves with the loud music around the club. Also, many were looking at them. There were some who were gossiping about them but it seems Yoona just don’t mind them.

 

 

 Elle followed Yoona’s way. “Hi Hae!” Yoona greeted then kissed him to his cheek. That scene crushed Elle’s feelings. She taught of moving away when Donghae grabbed her. “Hey Elle! You look really beautiful tonight.” His whisper makes her insides shiver.

 

 

“Huh? Uh, Thanks.” She replied then went to where Yoona was. She was sitting near a table. She went near and sat beside her. “You should enjoy yourself tonight Elle. “She said then ruffled Elle’s hair and walked to the dance floor.

 

 

Elle moved too and went to where the drinks were. The bartender gave him a light drink. But she kept on asking for more.

 

 

Meanwhile at the mansion...

 

 

“Is Elle already home?” Ms. Kim asked Kyuhyun and Melanie worried. “Why she hasn’t come back yet?” Kyuhyun replied surprisingly. “Not yet. I thought she’ll come back by the afternoon. But it’s already night and she isn’t around yet.” She replied then got her phone.

 

 

 

“Where’s Donghae?” she asked again while trying to call Elle. “He went to the bar. He said he’ll be back late.” Melanie replied. “Aish, where is this girl? She’s not answering my calls.” Ms. Kim exclaimed.

 

 

 

“Where have you been a while ago Kyuhyun?” she eyed him strictly. “Huh? I just stroll around.” He replied then got his phone. “It seems you’re often out of the house these past weeks.” She said suspiciously.

 

 

 

“Wait, what should we do?”  Melanie asked scared. “I’ll call the Security Department and order them to look for Elle.” Ms. Kim replied hastily. “No, don’t call them. I think I know where she is.” Kyuhyun replied then got his car keys and walked out of the mansion.

 

 

 

At the bar...

 

 

 

“Hey stop now! You’re already drunk.” Donghae ordered then took the glass Elle was holding. Suddenly, Elle looked at him with a fake smile and a pain in her eyes. “Are you this kind in every girl you know?” she asked while tears started to fall from her eyes.

 

 

 

“Elle stop now. You must go home. I called Kyuhyun and he’s coming.” He said then grabbed her arm. “Aish, I don’t want to go home! Why do you care anyways?” she objected then pulled herself from Donghae.  Now, everyone’s looking at them. Yoona came beside them worriedly and then stood next to him. “Because you’re important to me. You're my friend. You’re my little sister.” He replied and looked intently at her.

 

 

 

“Is that all what you think of me?” she asked now more calmly. “Yes, a little sister like Melanie. Why?” he asked confusedly. “Aish, why bother asking you.” Elle said lamely. “I can’t understand you Elle?” he said then came closer to her.

 

 

 

 “You can’t understand? Now let me tell you everything. You’re so stupid Donghae! How can you not know, I like you? From the very first day I bumped into you, how can’t you understand I have feelings for you? Why are you so numb?” she exclaimed while hitting Donghae’s chest.

 

 

 

“I’m sorry Elle. I’m really sorry.” He hugged Elle tightly but she ran away from him. “Elle! Come back!” she heard Yoona calling her but she continued running, tears still flowing from her eyes, until she was out of the bar.

 

 

 

She kept on crying and crying until he felt someone’s arms wrapped around her. When she looked up, she saw it was none other than Kyuhyun. The guy who’s always there to back her up.