[25] Random things that happened

His smile or his smirk?

She walked to the dining area where she saw the others started to eat. She also saw Donghae who was staring at her intently. But she moved her gaze to Ms. Kim who was looking strict as ever. “Ms. Park take your seat now.” She said then sipped in her coffee.

 

 

 

“Deh.” She replied more like she whispered to herself. While they were eating, it’s pretty obvious the awkward mood is dominating them. They keep on staring at each other, but no one wants to break the silence. Even Melanie was weirdly quiet this time.

 

 

 

Ms. Kim cleared then finally spoke up, “Ms. Park, I hope what happened last time won’t happen again. If your Grandfather hears this, he’ll be really disappointed.”

 

 

 

“I’ll make sure I won’t fall again Ms. Kim so that it won’t happen again. I’ll seal this heart of mine properly. That kind of feeling really kills a person. And if Grandpa hears this, who knows who he will punish because of what I’ve done.” She said in her thoughts as she was eating her meal.

 

 

 

“Ms. Park are you even listening?” Ms. Kim asked that brought her back to reality. “Oh, uhm, yeah.” She replied hesitantly.

 

 

 

After surviving the very awkward breakfast, she automatically went to her room. She was thinking of preoccupying herself by studying to be on Top so she can get Kyuhyun’s help. She grabbed her notes and her books then threw it to her bed when suddenly,

 

 

“Can we talk?” it was Donghae who came inside her room without her knowing it. He looks really serious and worried maybe because he really does care for her.

 

 

 

“What about?” she asked without moving her attention in scanning her books while standing at the edge of her bed. She’s afraid of looking at him and a flashback of what happened previously might come back again. “About what happened last time.” He replied softly without taking his look to her. “Well, about that.” She finally looked at him then showed a genuine smile.

 

 

 

“It’s already done. Don’t feel guilty because it’s not your fault. I was the one who gave meaning to everything you do.” She replied and looked at him. Physically she was portraying she was feeling alright, perfect, normal, everything’s done but inside her, she was crying, breaking and dying of the pain she feels every time she saw him. It was like a torture being near to him.

 

 

 

“Still I’m sorry. I should have known your feelings even before. I just understood it really well when Yoona confronted me.” Donghae insisted as he looked at her intently. “Yoona confronted you?” she asked curiously.

 

 

 

“Well yeah. When you ran away last night, I looked at her with my questioning look then she confronted me about how cold, stupid, dumb and blind I was.” He replied then finally lit up a smile. “She did that?” Elle asked with a surprise.

 

 

 

 “Yeah. I really can’t understand how she could manage to confront me like that.” Donghae asked her, more like himself about Yoona’s attitude. “She’s kind of straight forward like Melanie and Kyuhyun. But those two are well harsher. They’re like sent from Hell. When they get mad, they just burst and boom! You’ll really get scared” He explained then beamed at her.

 

 

 

“Who’s harsh Donghae oppa?” Melanie was eaves dropping from the door but went inside directly when she heard her name. Donghae stood there like a statue when he heard Melanie’s cute yet scary voice. He maybe look really tough but when he sees Melanie he just really gets afraid of her.

 

 

 

“Yah Hae, who’s harsh? And when they get mad they just burst?” It was Kyuhyun who came next to his younger sister with his arms folded mocking Donghae’s statement. Now Donghae was really stuck next to Elle who was forcing herself not to laugh. She was having fun looking at Donghae’s poker face. He was scared when he heard Melanie’s voice but when Kyuhyun came next he wanted to disappear.

 

 

 

He knew what he was going to blurt out will his life. He should really learn how to shut his mouth sometimes. “Who was who again oppa?” Melanie asked for the second time.

 

 

 

“H-How come you’re listening to our conversation?” Finally Donghae spoke up and replied stuttered. “Well, I was just passing by when I heard my name next to a not so good description.” Kyuhyun replied as he eyed his best friend evilly. “Well, I was just talking some stuff with her. Really.” Donghae explained. “Stuff including us?” Melanie asked with that evil smile on her face raising her brow. He was not answering. Practically, thinking of the best way to get out of the hole he fell in.

 

 

 

“Let’s stop this now. Look at him Melanie, he’s shaking and he really looks scared.” Kyuhyun said as he looked at Elle then at Donghae next who was sweating despite the coldness in the room. “You two, you’re both bullies. You scared the hell out of me.” Donghae replied then sighed deeply.

 

Then the rest started to laugh really hard. Making fun of his reactions. “You should’ve seen the look on your face.” Elle blurted out as she was laughing next to him. “Yah! I was just surprised when they came in!” Donghae replied as he gained back his composure.

 

 

 

 “Nah, surprise my Hae.” Kyuhyun commented as he patted Donghae’s shoulder.

 

 

 

 “Hey let’s go to the ice cream shop! I heard they’re releasing a new flavour today.” Melanie suggested excitedly.  “Yeah. It’s really the best time to eat one.” Donghae said cheerfully. “Well that’s fine for me.” Kyuhyun replied coldly. “I can’t go.” Elle said, gaining everyone’s attention pointing at her. “Why?” Melanie asked frustratingly.

 

 

 

“Well, I need to start studying to be on Top.” She said then looked at Kyuhyun who gave his famous smirk again. “So you’re still pursuing it?” Kyuhyun went near her and asked. “Off course. I won’t give up easily. I’m telling you, you’re going down.” Elle replied challenging him.

 

 

 

“Guys, did I miss something here?” Donghae scratched his head, wondering. Well he doesn’t really know about the challenge. “Don’t ask oppa. Let’s go now to the ice cream shop. I want to taste the new flavour. We’ll just buy something for Elle unnie.” Melanie said then grabbed Kyuhyun and Donghae out of the room.

 

 

 

“Good luck on planning to put me down chipmunk!” Kyuhyun said as she was grabbed by his sister.  “Study well Elle unnie. You can do it.” She shouted as she was moving further from Elle’s room.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Please re-read again from this chapter. I posted the wrong chapter. Thanks ^^