[43] The Deliberation

His smile or his smirk?

“Sunny?”Elle gasped as soon as ‘the witness’ Jessica was talking about got in front and sat near the Professors. She looked at Elle first then rolled her eyes after.

 

 

 

 

“She’s the witness?”Elle surprisingly asked at Kyuhyun.

 

 

 

“Let’s just listen first about her explanations.” Kyuhyun replied coldly. He wasn’t nervous at all. Inside, he was feeling relaxed. But all his emotions look the same from the outside whether he’s happy, sad, mad, nervous or excited; he’s just the same.

 

 

 

 

“Ms. Sunny Lee please state your side.”Jessica ordered when Sunny sat down in front of everyone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 “Well, I just noticed that Elle hasn’t been that reciting much in class. And she wasn’t getting a perfect scores like before in the pop-up quizzes the Professor’s give. Plus when one of our Professors’s announced that the examination will be in a week, she got really surprised; meaning she hasn’t even started studying yet. In the middle of her exams, I noticed she was answering really fast. I mean our exams really hard and she was like answering it like a pro and she finished the examinations earlier before anyone of us does. Then all of a sudden she turned out being on 2nd. Isn’t that suspicious? Probably she have done this even on the first semester that’s why she landed on Top.” Sunny stated like she had been practicing what she’ll be saying for days.

 

 

 

 

 

“Okay Ms. Lee please go back to your sit now.”Jessica ordered and pointed to a seat on the opposite side where Kyuhyun and Elle were sitting.  She sat next to Gyuri and her other colleagues.

 

 

 

 

Elle can’t believe that her so-called friend would betray her like this. She felt hot tears flowing from her eyes. She automatically wiped it and told herself to stay strong for Melanie.

 

 

 

 

Next were the Professor’s statements as well. They were all saying the same thing – which it was kind of suspicious Elle landed on second without much effort. And that her examination results were suspiciously high.

 

 

 

 

The authority who was in charge to secure the test paper banks and was the one who find out Elle’s reviewer stuck up on her paper had given a statement as well. “At first I was really surprised. I kept on looking at the name again and again to check if it was really her. Sadly, it was her and the same penmanship and name was written on both papers. I got surprised so I rushed to the Principal’s office and tell him about this. This has been first in the history of Chun Ha High.” The old man said with a disgust and disappointment looking at Elle.

 

 

 

 

 Elle was about to raise her head to look at the old man when Kyuhyun stopped her. “Don’t look at him chipmunk.” He said and squeezed Elle’s hand. She was feeling everything will be better with Kyuhyun’s help.

 

 

 

 

Elle looked to her back to see Melanie, Yoona and Donghae listening attentively at the statements the responsible person are saying. “Where’s Sungmin and Eunhyuk?” she asked Kyuhyun curiously. She didn’t see her two body guards when she came in.

 

 

 

 

 

“I asked them to get something for me. Don’t worry they’ll be here later.”He said convincing Elle. “You two should get here on time.” He taught to himself.

 

 

 

 

“Now since the first side has been stated, let’s listen to the accused one’s side.”Jessica said seriously as she eyed Elle and Kyuhyun. She was trying to look strict so the students won’t sense anything weird.

 

 

 

 

 

Elle stood up and sat down in front of the crowd. The students started to gossip again and point their fingers on her. “Relax Elle. You can do this. Remember your friends are helping you.” She encouraged herself as she arrived and seated at the front of the crowd.

 

 

 

 

 

*clears throat* “Uhm, Good morning everyone. I-I’m Elle Park. I’m sitting in front of you today to state my side as well. First of all, I didn’t cheat. Second thing, YES! I admit that, that reviewer was mine, but I swear the last time I checked, the reviewer was still on my bag.” She started saying her statement.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“And what? You’re saying we’re all lying here?”Sunny butted in the middle of her statement.

 

 

 

 

Elle looked at her sternly, “I’m not saying you’re all liars. I’m just stating my side so you won’t judge me by what you just heard from any person’s view.” She replied back at Sunny.

 

 

 

 

Sunny crossed her arm and look rolled of her eyes. “Ms. Park who will be defending you today?” the Principal asked her.

 

 

 

 

 

Elle didn’t reply because Kyuhyun automatically stood up and passed at Sunny first then smirked at her.  “I am, Mr. Shin.” He said coldly then stood next to Elle who was sitting.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Okay please state your side.”Jessica said. She was actually excited about this and was forcing herself to hide her smile. Kyuhyun first looked at Melanie, Donghae and Yoona who were smiling at them.

 

 

 

 

 

He sighed. “Ms. Lee, you said you’ve been noticing that Elle’s scores were not as high as before. How did you find out?” Kyuhyun asked as he looked at Sunny with a suspicious glare.

 

 

 

 

 

“Well, you see if Elle got perfect scores she would always smile and will get hyped up. But this semester I’ve noticed every time the Professor’s return back the quiz papers, Elle would usually frown when she received hers. Plus the Professor would announce that her scores are not that nice like before.”She defended back then smiled at Kyuhyun in honour.

 

 

 

 

“Oh...then how did you find out that she was answering really fast like a pro and finished her exams earlier than anyone?”he asked back again.

 

 

 

 

“I just saw it.”She answered back directly.

 

 

 

 

“How can you see it? You’re sitting far from Elle. I’m sure Donghae who was sitting beside her didn’t noticed anything. You’re sitting at the front and Elle is almost at the back. Are you trying to tell us something Ms. Lee?” he asked then raised a brow.

 

 

 

 

“Kyuhyun-ah what are you doing?”Elle whispered at Kyuhyun who was standing beside her. “Just trust  me. I’m getting the hang of this.” He said then smiled at her. Smile.

 

 

 

 

“Yah! What are you trying to point out?”Sunny blurted out, annoyed of Kyuhyun’s suspicious questions.

 

“Mr. Lee Kyuhyun please go directly to your points.”The principal said directly. “Okay. Let’s start.” He said then rubbed his hands. He came into the hall bringing nothing. His bag was on the car and the only thing he has was his wallet and hand phone on his pocket.

 

“First, Sunny is obviously suspicious. The teachers never announced any student’s score in a pop-up quiz. Second, Elle didn’t finish earlier than anyone. She had finished answering when almost half of the class were done as well. Third, Elle was sitting at the back and Sunny was sitting at the front. Isn’t it suspicious that Sunny saw every move Elle was doing? Fourth, how sure are you that, she put that piece of paper inside her envelope?” Kyuhyun said all with confidence in his eyes. His hands on his pocket and looking at the Principal then to Sunny. He was really relax and as if he had practiced every word he should say.

 

“What are you trying to say Mr. Lee?”the authority in charge on the Test Paper bank asked. Kyuhyun raised his brow then smirked,

 

“I’m saying that no stupid cheater would put a name on her reviewer and stuck it on her test paper. If it wasn’t clear enough, obviously Elle is framed up and this has been all an INSIDE JOB.”He said again sending a scary glare at the one in charge of the Test Papers and to Sunny as well.

 

The crowd gasped and started their own gossips again. “Silence please!” the Principal ordered at the busy bees.

 

He noticed that the old man keeps on holding his tie, adjusting it and gulping. Sunny can’t look straight on his eyes and was looking really nervous.

 

“Mr. Lee Kyuhyun, you may have a point. But this case won’ t turn upside down without any evidence.”Jessica said worriedly. She doesn’t know what Kyuhyun has planned hence, she doesn’t know if Kyuhyun has any evidence on his hands.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey readers! How do you think will the deliberation go? I realy don't know what happens on a deliberation. XDD

Please do comment a lot. Love you. XDD