[17] In the Kitchen

His smile or his smirk?

Elle lay in her bed and was currently answering her home works. She skipped dinner because she doesn’t want to see Donghae or hear about anything about Yoona. She was busying herself studying and scanning her notes.

 

 

*knock*

A knock on the door was heard. Elle opened it and saw Jessica with a tray of food in her hands. She allowed Jessica to get inside then she asked, “What’s this for? I’m not hungry.” Elle asked as she looked at the tray of food laid at her bed. Then her stomach made a growling sound.

 

 

 Jessica smiled, “Not a good liar huh? Now tell me what your problem is.” she asked and sat down beside Elle. Elle looked at her in a suspicion, asking herself if she could trust her or not. “Go on. You can trust me.” Jessica said as if she read what Elle was telling herself.

 

 

Elle then aligned herself properly in her sitting position at her bed. “It’s just that Donghae and Yoona.” Elle said in sad look as she frowned and looked down. “Oh... You’re jealous.” Jessica replied in a candid look.

 

 

Elle shook her head, “No I’m not. I never had feelings for anyone before. Plus I’m a nerd, I’m busy in my studies rather than boys.” She pointed at her scattered notes. “I don’t even like Donghae and who am I to get jealous? I’m just her friend.” Elle said the last four words as if she’s whispering to herself.

 

 

“It’s alright to be jealous. Nothing’s wrong with it. But for me, I think you should start diverting your attention to anything or anyone rather than Donghae. “Jessica advised Elle and pats her hand.

 

 

Elle look in a questioning look. Jessica replied, “I think Donghae still has these feelings for Yoona and same as for Yoona. Before you get hurt you should start moving yourself away.”  Elle was still thinking deeply.

 

 

“Fine. Eat your meal before you go to sleep. I’ll be going now.” Jessica said and stood up from Elle’s bed. “Oh okay. Thanks.” Elle replied and faked a smile.

 

 

Elle ate her meal and fixed herself. She’ll be going to the kitchen to return the tray and get another glass of water. She tiptoed through her way, afraid of waking up anyone. When she reached the kitchen, she saw a familiar guy grabbing a bottle of water.

 

 

She knew it was Donghae; she was about to get out from the kitchen when, “Hey Elle! You need anything?” Donghae asked as she saw a girl creeping out of the kitchen. “Huh? Ah? I’ll be returning this tray and I’ll be getting water.” Elle replied nervously without looking at Donghae.

 

 

She was starting to sweat and was forcing herself to move. “Oh... Do you have problems? You didn’t eat with us a while ago?” Donghae asked in a concern tone. Yes. I have. It’s you. You are my problem and your goddess ex!” Elle wanted to reply this but she said instead, “Me? I don’t have problems. I’m fine.” She replied and faked a smile again.

 

 

She moved fast and put the tray in the sink. She can’t get the water because Donghae was standing beside the refrigerator. He extended his hand with a bottle of water, “Here. You need water right?” Donghae said and smiled.

 

 

 Elle accepted the water as her hand was trembling. Donghae noticed this and moved near Elle and touched her forehead, “Are you alright?” he asked. God kill me now! This guy is really torturing me! Kill me now please!” Elle told herself. “Uhm, I’m f-fine. Thanks.” She said then run fast to her room. “What’s wrong with her?” Donghae asked himself.

 

 

As soon as Elle arrived, she touched her chest where her heart was thumping so fast. She was hardly gasping for air and felt more nervous than being chased by the drunkards before.

 

 

When she was sure she’s already in herself, she set up her things, took her evening routines then went to bed.