[42] Depress

His smile or his smirk?

Just then they found Elle lying on the floor, with her normal house attire. There were still tears on her face. But she wasn’t moving. She was dead, asleep or got suicide?

 

 

 

 

Kyuhyun ran next to her to check if she was still breathing. Melanie went near the curtains and opened them together with Sungmin. Donghae the air conditioner to give some air for Elle. Eunhyuk went to Elle’s bathroom to get some water to wipe her face.

 

 

 

 

“She’s still breathing. She must got tired of crying.”He said then carried Elle bridal style and put her on her bed. Melanie got the towel and started to wipe Elle’s face.

 

 

 

 

“Aigoo. Who could do this to unnie?”she said as she wiped the closed eyes of Elle. “We should ask her when she wakes up.” Kyuhyun replied then look at Elle’s face.

 

 

 

 

They were all there slumped near Elle who was sleeping. They didn’t make any noise. They would sometimes glance back at her when she makes a move then return to what they’re doing after.

 

 

 

 

“So what do we do now?”Eunhyuk asked. He was sitting on the couch beside Sungmin. “Find out the real thing that happened.” Donghae replied. He was sitting next to Elle on her bed. Just then Elle woke up. She rubbed her eyes then her tears started to fall again.

 

 

 

 

“Hey stop crying.”Melanie said as she hugged Elle next to her. “I really. *sobs* Didn’t *sobs* Do *sobs* It. *sobs* “ she said in between her sobs. She was crying really hard and her eyes were puffy as well.

 

 

 

 

“We believe you. Stop crying now.”Kyuhyun said and walked towards her. “Can you please tell us the whole thing that happened?” Eunhyuk asked while sitting on the couch.

 

 

 

 

Elle wiped her tears which was falling off not really fast this time and sat down on her bed. Donghae gave her a glass of water and Elle took all of it.

 

 

 

 

 

“When I arrive at the Principal’s office a while ago, he asked me a couple of questions...”she explained everything that happened still with sobs in the middle of her words. “...And he doesn’t believe me I didn’t put that reviewer in my envelope. Grandpa would surely scold at me or to anyone of you.” She said then started crying again.

 

 

 

 

“That’s it?”Kyuhyun asked then smirked at her. “Yah Kyu why are you smiling?” Donghae asked irritatingly. He didn’t know Kyuhyun could be this blunt. “Obviously it’s all framed. Chipmunk’s framed up.” He said seriously.

 

 

 

 

“Yeah. We all know that. But how can we justify that?”Sungmin asked as well. “Live it to me.” He said then walked out of the room.

 

 

 

 

“You hear that unnie. Let’s live it on Kyu oppa. Trust him. I know he can do it.”Melanie said trying to cheer up Elle. Elle gave her a faint smile then sighed again. “Thanks for coming here.” She said and looked at each one of them. They all hugged Elle then walked out of her room.

 

 

 

“Stop crying and take your rest Elle. Tomorrow’s week end you should cheer up yourself.”Donghae said before waving good bye and closed Elle’s door.

 

 

 

 

~~~~~

The next day she woke up gloomily. She knew that Kyuhyun had her case on his hands. But she can’t just sit back there doing nothing.

 

 

 

 

She took her bath then changed to a loose shirt then shorts. She wore red sneakers then went out of her room. She doesn’t look like a nerd. Her glasses were on her eyes and her hair fell straight on her back.

 

 

 

She walked to the dining area. “Good Morning.” She greeted bitterly, she had those fake smiles on her face again. They all smiled at her then continued eating. She only grabbed a toast then walked out of the mansion.

 

 

 

 

“Ms. Elle where are you going?” Jessica asked looking at Elle who was walking far from the dining area. “Just outside. Walk around.” She said then turned around to face Jessica and smiled at her. She decided to stroll around the  place to think about what had happened to her.

 

 

 

 

She finally found a spot where she thinks she could relax. She sat down on a wooden fence then had deep thoughts about what the Principal said.

 

 

 

 

“Appa what should I do?”she asked herself as she continued looking from afar. “I’m tired of this kind of games. You do believe I don’t do that kind of thing right?” she said again.

 

 

 

Appa, I don’t want others to take the burden for me. Kyuhyun’s reputation might be ruined if he helps me.”She said to herself then looked down. She wanted to cry but there are no tears coming from her eyes. “Kyuhyun’s always helping me.” She told herself again.

 

 

 

 

“I’m not helping you. I’m just curious who did that to you.”Kyuhyun said as he stood next to Elle. “Aish, first of all I’m not thinking of you again. You just popped out from somewhere right here. What are you doing here?” Elle said then got off the fence she was sitting to.

 

 

 

 

“Strolling around. Thinking about your situation.”He replied as he was scanning his camera. “Thanks. But if you want you may not help me. I’ll just ask Ms. Kim to look for a lawyer for me.” She hissed back.

 

 

 

 

“No need to call any lawyer. Your situation will be easily solved.”He replied then looked at Elle who was looking down kicking a stone. “Thanks.” Elle mumbled then looked on the other side. She doesn’t want to look at Kyuhyun because for sure he’ll just .

 

 

 

 

“You’re getting the hang of my fashion tips.”Kyuhyun said changing the topic. He looked at Elle from head to toes and she looked cute on her outfit today. “That’s because you’re always nagging me.” Elle replied with a fast smile on her face.

 

 

 

 

Kyuhyun caught this and look at her intimately. He studied every detail of her face then moved away his gaze to the other side when he realised this was wrong.

 

 

 

 

Elle blushed then started to walk back in the mansion. “Yah! What’s happening to you Elle. He just looked at you and you’re becoming hysterical.” She yelled at herself as she touched her cheek while walking from Kyuhyun.

 

 

 

 

“Hey chipmunk aren’t you sad that you’re just second this time?”Kyuhyun said. He was walking behind Elle. Elle continued walking and replied, “Why, aren’t you happy you got your place back?” she asked back as well. She doesn’t want to look at Kyuhyun and let him see her face.

 

 

 

 

“If only you knew I was supposedly be the first even from the start. I just want to get close to you so I needed to be second.”  He mumbled softly while walking. “What? You saying something?” Elle asked back. She heard Kyuhyun saying something but she didn’t understand what it was.

 

 

 

 

“Never mind. Let’s go in chipmunk.”He said then got inside the mansion. The maids all bowed at them and Elle bowed back while Kyuhyun continued on his tracks.

 

~~~~~

 

 

 

The deliberation day...

 

 

 

 

Elle was walking on the hallway with Sungmin and Eunhyuk on both sides. Kyuhyun and Donghae were walking in front and Yoona and Melanie were following behind. They were all making their way to the hall where her case will be deliberated by the professors and the student council.

 

 

 

 

While on their way she can see some students gossiping and looking at her with disgust in their eyes. “No wonder she passed by Kyuhyun oppa on the first semester, I think she cheated as well and just got caught this time.” Some students said quite aloud to hurt Elle’s feelings.

 

 

 

 

Kyuhyun paused his tracks and turned around to look for the voice he heard. He came near these girls who were squealing seeing Kyuhyun coming closer. “Call me oppa again and I’ll cut your neck.” He said coldly and shot the girls a death defying glare.

 

 

 

 

“Kyuhyun let’s go now.”Donghae called him. They continued walking while Sungmin and Eunhyuk were sending shot glares from the students in the hallway who’ll try to gossip at her. If those glares could kill, those students will be murdered.

 

 

 

 

“Yep, the old Kyuhyun is back.”She heard Yoona talked at Melanie. Melanie nodded and sighed when they came in front of the hall.

 

 

 

 

Elle was thinking of what Ms. Kim had told them a while ago when she was about to exit the mansion.

 

Flashback...

 

“Ms. Park your Grandfather knows already about your case.”Ms. Kim announced while they were eating there breakfast. Elle gasped on what she just heard then asked, “What did he say?”

 

 

 

 

Everyone in the dining room felt the tension in the mood. “He told me, if you’re find guilty in this case, he’s going to send you out of the country and let you finish your study there.” She said hesitatingly. She doesn’t want to tell this to Elle but it was her duty to tell Mr. Park about what’s happening on his granddaughter.

 

 

 

 

Elle closed her eyes and tightened her fist to prevent herself from crying. “I understand.” She replied coldly. Her look was on the food in front of her.

 

 

 

 

“No you must not understand. This can’t happen.”Melanie said hysterically. She doesn’t want Elle, the only girl who can understand her, leave her on the mansion.

 

 

 

 

“But we all know Grandpa’s decision will be final.”Donghae said as he stopped eating his food. He felt like he lost his appetite.

 

 

 

 

Melanie felt tears trickled down her face, “Oppa, you should prove that unnie is not guilty. She can’t move away. Arasso?” she whined at Kyuhyun who was sitting bluntly on his chair.

 

 

 

 

“Stop crying Melanie. I know everything will be good. That stalking chipmunk will never leave you.”Kyuhyun said as he wipe off his younger sister’s tears.

 

 

 

 

“We’ll see.”Elle replied sadly. She drunk her water then stood out off her chair. “Let’s go now. It’s better to end this day early.” She ordered then stormed out of the dining room with her friends following around.

 

 

 

 

The maids bowed and she bowed at them as well. They all got into the car then made their way to school.

 

 

 

 

 

Reality...

 

 

 

 

Inside there were students who were seated on the chairs available looking at them. Donghae, Yoona, Sungmin, Eunhyuk and Melanie positioned themselves at the row next to Elle and Kyuhyun’s chair.

 

 

 

 

Kyuhyun grabbed Elle and told her to seat down next to him. Just then the school professors came in and sat at the front of the crowd.

 

 

 

 

“The deliberation will start now. Students please avoid making any noise and to the first witness please seat in the front.”Ms. Jung said as she looked at Elle and sent her a you-can-do-this look. Elle smiled at her then got surprised when she saw who the witness was.

 

 

 

 

“Sunny?”Elle gasped as soon as ‘the witness’ Jessica was talking about got in front and sat near the Professors. She looked at Elle first then rolled her eyes after.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Heyyo Readers! If on the following days I can't update anymore, please don't unsubscribe my story. Surely, by that time I'm busy on my studies. But please, please please wait for me. I'll try my very best to update.

Comments are loved <333