[26] The New Student + Kyuhyun vs. Elle

His smile or his smirk?

A/N: Please re-read again chapter 25. I posted the wrong update. Thanks ^^

 

“Ms. Park wake up now.” It was Jessica who arrived the previous night waking Elle to prepare for school.  “Good morning, Jessica.” Elle rubbed her eyes then stood up and stretched for awhile and finally went inside the bathroom. “Good morning Ms. Park.” She replied weirdly. She taught it was the first time she woke up Elle without the Just-5-more-minutes-Jessica thing.

 

 

 

“You seem excited today? Not broken anymore?” Jessica asked as she combed Elle’s hair. “There’s still, but it’s just a little bit. I’m excited to go to school today.” Elle smiled as she looked at the mirror then put her thick glasses on.

 

 

 

“Good Morning!” she exclaimed upon arriving at the dining room where everyone was looking at her weirdly. “What?” she asked curiously. “Unnie, do you still have the hangover from what had happened two days ago?” Melanie asked curiously as she taught Elle was creepishly in a hyper mood today.

 

 

 

“I’m fine. I’m good. I’m excited.” She replied then took her seat beside Melanie. “You’re excited in taking Kyuhyun down, I guess.” Donghae commented as he shoved the spoon of rice in his mouth. “As if.” Kyuhyun replied then smirked at Elle.

 

 

 

“Wait; is there something I don’t know here? What happened when I was gone?” It was Sungmin who asked, seating beside Elle. “It’s a long story Sungmin. Just eat.” Melanie intruded. “Nah, Sungmin. You’ll know that later on. “Elle said while eating her meal. Still smiling, excited of going to school that day.

 

 

 

~~~

“Okay class. We have a new student again from China.” Ms. Nam, the adviser, said as she got inside the class room. “Mr. Lee please get inside and introduce yourself.” She ordered slightly. Small voices and whispers began to dominate the class as he got inside.

 

 

 

“Annyeong hasseyo! I’m Lee Hyukjae but you can call me Eunhyuk. I came from China and studied there for 8 years. It’s nice meeting all of you.” He said humbly then bowed before the students.

 

 

 

“Hey Elle isn’t he perfect. He’s hot, tall, and cool and look at his eyes. It can hypnotise anyone easily. His smile is just adorable.” It was Hyoyeon who was whispering at Elle. She looks really excited and was totally into this Hyuk guy. “Well yeah he’s handsome and definitely looks hot but let’s see what he like is as he stays here.” Elle taught to herself.

 

 

 

“Right Elle?” was all she heard from Hyoyeon’s admiration into this God’s work of art in front of their class. “Huh? Yeah.” She replied. Not really understanding what Hyoyeon just said. “Seriously, this section turns out to be the popular section. Everyone in this class is just perfectly created. How about me? The principal must be drunk when he threw me here. I badly need to Top the Ranking this time.” Elle taught as Eunhyuk took the seat at her back.

 

 

 

“Annyeong! I’m Elle Park. It’s nice meeting you.” Elle introduced herself extending her hand for handshake. “Ah, deh! I’m Lee Hyukjae. But just call me Hyuk.” He smiled and replied and took her hands for handshake then put out his things. “Maybe he’ll be a good colleague after all.” Elle taught as she was putting out her things as well.

 

 

 

After finishing the first subject which was History and she keeps on answering the Professor’s question, the next one was Math. Her favourite subject. “I’m going to nail this.” She told herself.  “You’re really into this making-me-go-down chipmunk huh?” Kyuhyun said as he looked at her challengingly.

 

 

 

“Off course. And Math is next, my expertise.” She said with pride. “Then watch out. This time I’m going to nail it.” Kyuhyun said in determination. Finally, the teacher arrived, making their discussion cut. He smirked at her and she pops out her tongue at him.

 

 

 

“Okay, so let’s start off with a simple warm up.” The professor rubbed his hands then sighed. “What is 2 to the power of 5?”

 

 

 

“32” the class answered altogether.

 

 

“Good. Then what is the ratio for opposite side over hypotenuse?”

 

 

“Sine theta!” the class answered altogether again.

 

 

“Well it seems all of you studied our lessons. So what do you call to the angle if the observer is on a higher plane than the object?”

 

 

“Angle of depression.” A few students replied.

 

“What is the value of 5 degrees in cosecant?”

 

 

“11.47” surprisingly it was Elle and Kyuhyun who were answering. They both looked at each other in surprise.

 

 

“So the two of you knows this one. Let’s try a harder one then. What is amplitude?”

 

 

“Amplitude is the maximum vertical displacement of the points in the graph of the sine or cosine function from its horizontal axis of symmetry.” The two of them answered at the same time. Both of them glaring at each other. While the other students staring at them.

 

 

 

“Well, let’s stop in here. I’ll start discussing new lessons. Seems like the two of you are contending with each other.” The professor said with a smile, seems understanding the fight between them.

 

 

 

Throughout the session, the Professor keeps on discussing and the two of them were very attentive. The Professor will ask once in a while, but the two of them already knows the answer. Making the Professor really surprise and happy as well.

 

 

 

When the bell rings, they all went to the cafeteria. They sat in the same table as before but with addition of their new friend Eunhyuk. Sungmin was chatting with Eunhyuk and asking him about who knows what random topic he is talking about. While Elle and Kyuhyun was ordering their food, “What’s wrong with those two? It seems like they’re the only students in the class?” Yoona asked in curiousness.

 

 

 

“Well you see if Elle unnie get’s on Top, Kyuhyun oppa will help her to be popular. He will be like her Fashion, Attitude and Dating teacher altogether.” Melanie replied while eating her food.

 

 

 

“That’s interesting. I want to see Kyuhyun not on Top even just once.” Yoona commented excitedly. “And that won’t happen.” Kyuhyun automatically replied as he arrived with his food and sat beside Donghae who was nearly finished eating his meal. “It will happen. Just so you wait.” Elle fight back with a fire in her aura.

 

 

 

“Uhm, I think we should eat now before the bell rings again.” Yoona said in reverse to the fiery atmosphere eating them because of these two people around them.