[13] Donghae's wish

His smile or his smirk?

 

“What’s wrong with you Melanie, you seem so mad?” Elle asked as she saw Melanie punching her pillow. Melanie smiled, “Oh nothing. I’m fine. I just saw something that irritates me.”

 

“Let me guess, Sungmin?” Elle replied and smiled at Melanie. “Kind of? Maybe? I don’t know.” Melanie replied annoyingly.

 

“Don’t worry about Sooyoung. She acts like she’s interested but she isn’t, trust me. Don’t get jealous. Sooyoung is harmless.” Elle commented.

 

“Who told you I’m jealous? It’s not the term, it’s irritation! Aish, why you people think I’m jealous?!” Melanie replied. Elle sighed, “Fine then. It’s not jealousy. It’s irritability.” Melanie looked at Elle and smiled.

 

All of them gathered at the living room. Melanie called them and has something to announce. “Each one should pick a paper in that bowl. Inside the paper, there are written colour names. Each colour name has a pair, and has a corresponding task to do. Understand?” Everyone nodded and agreed to the terms and conditions.

 

Each one started to pick, no one should open it first. When everyone was done, Melanie then presented the pairs.

 

"Yesung got white same as Hyoyeon. Melanie got purple same as Sungmin. Sooyoung got yellow same as Henry.” Melanie said. “Now only two pairs are remaining.” Sooyoung said.

 

Elle closed her eyes and prayed, “Please not Kyuhyun, Please.” “I can hear you.” Kyuhyun said. 

 

“What’s your colour Kyuh?” Sooyoung asked. “Red.” Elle looked and snatched his paper to ensure it was red,

 

“How about you Elle?” “It’s green.” She replied happily. “So that means Sunny is with Kyuhyun and you and Donghae will be pair.” Sooyoung announced.  

 

“Okay, so this will be your tasks. Elle and Donghae will do the groceries. Yesung and Hyoyeon will wash the dishes.

 

Melanie, Sungmin, Me and Henry will be cooking the meals. Kyuhyun and Sunny will be preparing and cleaning the dining area before and after we eat. Is it okay with you guys?” Sooyoung asked.

 

“Yeah.” Everyone said. Most of them were excited. “Okay. Now we’re done. Since it’s about time to eat lunch, Elle and Donghae should go by now. Don’t worry Elle, Donghae knows how to drive.

 

There’s a car at the caretaker’s garage. I believe both of you have money, so thank you in advance for your donation.” Melanie said as she was smiling at the two of them.

 

“The two of you should go now.” Sooyoung suggested. Then they both went out of the house.

 

The two made their way to the caretaker’s house. As soon as they arrive, Elle looked for the old man. “Ahjussi are you here?” Elle yelled. “Ahjussi. Where are you?” Donghae exclaimed.

 

The caretaker hurriedly went out from his house. “I’m sorry Ms. Park. I can’t move really fast because of my old age. Please forgive me.” The old man begged.

 

“Oh, it’s okay. No need to ask for forgiveness. We just came here to ask for the car keys. We’ll be going to buy some food.” Elle replied cheerfully.

 

“Here. The President told me to give this money to you in case you’ll be buying something. Here are the car keys, he lend this to me a few days ago.” The old man said.

 

Elle looked at Donghae, and then to the old man. “He looks pitiful.” She said to herself. And then she replied at the old man, “It’s yours. I think you need it more than we do. Please take it Ahjussi.” Elle said.

 

“Ah, no. Please take it. It’s the President’s order. He might condemn me.” The old man replied uneasily. Then Elle got her wallet and brought out some cash. “Ok. I’ll take this money then. And you will take this gift I’m giving you. I’m sure Grandpa wouldn’t condemn you with this one.” Elle said optimistically.

 

“Thank you very much Ms. Park. You’re really warm - hearted like your grandfather” The caretaker bowed at Elle.”Should we go now Elle?” Donghae asked

 

“Oh, Thanks Ahjussi! We need to go.” Elle said as they both got in the car.

 

“What happened?” Elle asked as she got inside the car. “Nothing. I’m hungry.” Donghae replied. “Oh...okay. Let’s go now to the market.” Elle said.

 

“We can’t go there. It’s not safe. If something happens to you, your grandfather will get mad.” Donghae replied. Elle laughed, “Oh yeah. Thanks for reminding me ‘bout that. To the grocery store then.” Elle said excitedly. Donghae drive the car and they went directly at the grocery store.

 

As soon as they arrive they got a grocery cart and started to pick some foods. Elle keeps on taking and taking items, “You should look carefully at the items first Elle.” Donghae said. “Huh?” Elle replied confusedly.

 

“You might get expired ones or sometimes there are items that aren't in good condition.” Donghae smiled and then replied. “Yes. I’ll check all of these then.” Elle said.

 

Elle keeps on looking at Donghae who was busy checking some items they’ll be getting. “Let’s pay all of these now. I guess everyone’s hungry.” Donghae uttered gladly.

 

While they were waiting for their turn to pay; they keep on arguing who will pay. “I should really be the one paying this since I picked almost all of the food.” Elle said.

 

“No. Take your money, I’ll pay. You gave some of your money to the caretaker; you should let me pay this one now.” Donghae replied.

 

“No. I’m going to pay it.” Elle insisted. “Let’s make it this way then. If you’re with me you shouldn’t spend your money in paying what we’ve got.” Donghae said.

 

“Fine then. I give up. You pay now.” Elle replied. “That’s good.” Donghae said. After arguing something caught their attention.

 

“You know if you don’t have money you can go out now!” The cashier irritably said to a young girl buying a pack of candies.

 

“But I only have this much.” The little girl replied as she showed her hand full of coins to the cashier. “Aish, I’m going to call the guards now.” The cashier concluded.

 

“No. I’m going to pay it!” Donghae objected. “Oh, okay.” The cashier replied astoundingly. He gave the money to the cashier and paid what they’ve got including the pack of candies the little girl wants.

 

“Thank you Oppa.” The little girl replied cutely. “For what are these candies?” Donghae asked the little girl.

 

“For my younger sister. She’s in heaven now and I’m sending her these through my Mom.” The little girl replied. “But where’s your Mom?” Donghae asked curiously. “She’s at home waiting for me. She told me she’ll wait for me until I bought these candies I’m going to send my younger sister in heaven.” The little girl replied again.

 

“Oh...” Donghae uttered. “Oppa, I need to go now. My mother is waiting. Thank you for your help.” The little girl replied cheerfully then left. After having the little chat with the cute little girl, Donghae stood up. “Let’s go.” He said to Elle. They both carried the groceries they got then went inside the car.

 

Along the way Elle asked “Why did you help her?” “Ever since, I always wanted to have a little sister. But when my parents died, I’m left alone. You know sometimes I get jealous of Kyuh and Melanie. That’s why I treat Melanie as my own sister.” Donghae replied sincerely.

 

From that moment, Elle knew she has some special feelings for Donghae.