[7] My Knight and Shining Armor

His smile or his smirk?

 

Elle screamed loudly and looks like she’s about to cry, but who can hear a screaming sound in the middle of the night? Suddenly, “Release her!”  A voice from nowhere came.

 

 

 

The guy hit the two guys and was fighting them. The street light hit the guy and Elle saw it. It was Donghae.

“What are you doing? I thought you knew how to fight?” Donghae shouted while fighting the other guy. Elle was awakened and helped Donghae.

 

 

 

After knocking out some of the men, they kept on running until they were far from those men. They were catching their breath and sweating a lot. They walked back to the mansion and while on the way they talked.

 

 

 

 “How did you find me?” Elle asked.

 

“Kyuhyun called me and told me to follow you.”

 

“He saw me?

 

 “Why did you escape by the way?”

 

“I don’t like to live there. He has you and the others, my Mom is alone.”

 

“But he isn’t happy with us.”

 

“But, how about my Mom?”

 

“I think she’ll be fine. If she cares for you that much.”

 

“But she can’t live alone.”

 

“Your grandfather too. He’s been lonely all this time.”

 

“Fine. I’ll stay then.”

 

 “I have something to ask. But it’s quite personal. Forget it. Never mind”

 

“Just ask. It’ll be fine.”

 

“Parents?”

 

"They already died when we were young together with Melanie and Kyuhyun’s parents in a plane crash. So we lived with Grandpa. But after Grandpa died, we lived with your Grandpa."Elle looked sorry for them. Donghae looked at Elle and said, “It was a long time ago. Forget about that.”

 

“How about Kyuh? Why is he mean?”

 

“He’s not mean. In fact he’s lonely.”

 

“Lonely?”

 

“Yeah. Even before his parents die, he’s never been taken care by them.”

 

“Poor him.”

 

“But don’t dare talk to him about that or you’ll end up being hurt.”  

 

After the small conversation, a car stopped beside them. Inside was Sungmin and two other cars followed him. The two got in where Sungmin is and they were returned back to the mansion.

 

When the guard opened the mansion’s door, Elle’s grandfather was standing still, holding his cane and waiting for them; and he looks pretty much serious.

 

 

Melanie hugged Elle to show how much she was worried for her. Kyuhyun then pulled Melanie away from Elle and she faced her grandfather’s fury unto her.

 

 

The old man didn’t discuss much with Donghae; he didn’t talk with Elle. His focus was to Sungmin. In front of everyone, he shrieked at Sungmin and blamed him for Elle’s escape.

 

 

Elle can’t do anything since she’s clutched by the guards. All she can do was look at Sungmin being blamed for what she’s done and the old man’s grudge at Sungmin being easy to Elle.

 

 

After having a ‘sermon’ to Sungmin the old man looked Elle still with anger, he then ordered everyone to go to their rooms and rest.

 

 

Everyone entered their room. “I thought you’re smart, where’d you put your mind every time you do things like this? The next time you’ll think about doing this kind of immature stuff, think about the people around you who will be blamed because of your childish mistake. Don’t act too important just because you’re the President’s granddaughter. You see every time you make mistake, Sungmin gets the blame. ” Kyuhyun uttered as Elle was about to enter her room.

 

 

 

“But, I’m sorry for what happened.” Elle replied. Kyuhyun eyed Elle seriously then he entered his room. Elle entered her room too, “What’s his problem? He’s so indefinable.” Elle kept crying until she got to sleep.