[16] New Student

His smile or his smirk?

 

“Yah! Have you heard about the new student joining our class?” Hyoyeon said as soon as Elle arrived in the class room. The weekend camping was over and everyone was tired when they came back. “Nope.” Elle replied as she stuck out her things. Hyoyeon stood up and put her arms at Elle’s shoulder, “Well, I’ve heard she’s good in dancing.” “And she’s really pretty and kind.” Yesung added.

 

 

“What’s her name again?” Hyoyeon asked Yesung who was actually with their conversation. “Yoona Im. It sounds something like that.” Yesung replied. “Yeah. I think many guys will have their new target from now on.” Hyoyeon said in conclusion.

 

 

*bell rings*

 

When the bell rung, the students who were busy with chatting and doing random stuffs returned to their seat and prepared for the current subject. Many were excited to meet Yoona and to know what kind of girl she looks or acts.

 

 

Suddenly, the door opened. The teacher came in first and introduced a tall girl, having a really looking clear, smooth skin, long black silky hair, wearing a gentle smile and totally looks like a goddess standing at their front.

 

 

Elle looked at her with an ‘o’ in . “She really looks beautiful from head to toe. Not to mention her smile is like hypnotising the guys in this room.” Elle taught as she can’t move her gaze away from Yoona.

 

 

“Annyeonghasseyo! I’m Yoona Im. I came from a school in Canada and since my parents moved here, I also need to transfer school. I hope we’ll all be good friends. It’s nice meeting you all.” Yoona said in soft voice then bowed at the class.

 

 

Elle still was looking at Yoona. Then she looked at Donghae next. She kept on looking take turns at the two of them. Donghae was actually staring deeply at Yoona and she knows it’s not just a simple stare. She then looked at Yoona who moved her stare and looked at the teacher.

 

 

“Why do I feel like this? It’s like they’ve known each other for a long time.” Elle asked herself as she was staring at Donghae who was smiling at Yoona.

 

 

“Okay Ms. Im please seat at the vacant seat in front of Mr. Lee beside Ms. Kim” the teacher ordered Yoona.

 

 

At the cafeteria, they were all seating in one table waiting for Donghae who was still buying his food. “Aish, what’s taking him forever getting his food? Is he planning to buy everything?” Melanie said sarcastically as she kept on nagging everyone about Donghae. Then suddenly, Yoona entered the cafeteria. Elle called Yoona’s attention to join the group since she saw Yoona’s walking with her food alone.

 

 

“Unnie?! When did you arrive?” Melanie asked in a surprise tone as she looked at Yoona. Yoona moved to their table and greeted everyone. Donghae also arrived in time when she arrived. They all seated then Elle noticed the sudden awkwardness. She broke the silence and started asking, “Uhm, Yoona where did you came from?”

 

 

 “Weren’t you listening at her introduction a while ago?” Kyuhyun asked in ‘duh’ tone.

 

 

“As always you’re still straightforward.” Yoona smiled genuinely and commented. “Have you guys met before?” Elle asked in a curious way. “You see, she was a student here before. She moved to Canada due to her parents’ business. She’s really a good dancer like Donghae oppa and she is a really good friend of us. To make the long story short, she’s Donghae oppa’s ex girlfriend.” Melanie explained in an innocent and honest way as if no one was looking at her and chewed her food. “Oh...” was the only word Elle replied as she felt something inside of her. Something with the last sentence Melanie blurted out. She knew she was feeling something hurtful inside her. Something she felt for the first time. She knew she was getting jealous.

 

 

“But that was past. Move on. Will you guys start eating now? You’re all sitting here like statues.” Melanie ordered at the people who were currently having the awkwardness and was added by another set of awkwardness when she started explaining. It was weird how she can control everyone and how she could have the guts to say anything she wants directly.