[12] Petrifying the Flower

His smile or his smirk?

 

The next day, everyone woke up early as expected. Sungmin went inside Elle’s room to move down her things. All of them went to the dining area to take their breakfast before leaving.

 

“I hope you enjoy your trip.” Ms. Kim said. “Where’s Grandpa?” Elle asked as she was sitting at the chair on the dining area. “He took an early flight to his meeting.” Ms. Kim replied.

 

“He’s always like this Elle. You should bear with it.” Melanie commented. Elle nodded. After finishing the meal, they all got inside the bus that was waiting for them outside the mansion. They went directly to the school gate to meet the other friends they invited to join.

 

At the school gate, Sooyoung, Sunny, Hyoyeon, Yesung and Henry were waiting. Elle went out of the bus and greeted Sooyoung. They both hugged each other and Sooyoung kept on talking with Elle. Sooyoung sat beside Elle.

 

Sunny sat beside Donghae. Melanie and Kyuhyun are together. Henry and Yesung were sitting together. Sungmin was sitting beside Hyoyeon at the front of Elle and Sooyoung.

 

Everyone was excited along the way. Since it’s a two hour travel, Yesung and Henry brought a lot of food. They shared their food with the students at the bus.

 

Sooyoung acts really natural and seems she has met the other travellers as well. Kyuhyun put on his ear phones to stay away from the commotion in the bus.

 

Donghae is still reading the book which is always with him. Melanie was talking with Sooyoung and Hyoyeon on the other side. Elle was sleeping along the way. Sungmin was quiet and seems serious observing their path.

 

When they arrive, Sungmin first went out. Then Sooyoung and Elle next. The rest then followed and grabbed their things.

 

Sunny  came to Elle and asked her, “How did you make Kyuhyun come?” “Ah, that? I didn’t know he will come. I invited Donghae and told him to invite others as well.” Elle replied nervously.

 

“Oh. Thanks to Hae this trip will really be memorable for me.” Sunny said happily. “Y-yeah.” Elle replied then an old man came and introduced himself as the caretaker of the house.

 

He welcomed them warmly and asked them to get inside the house. “Who’s house is this? It’s really big.” Yesung asked. “It’s her gr--“Elle covered Sooyoung’s mouth directly. “Oh. I rented it. It caught my attention since it’s style is classic.” Elle replied directly then she looked at Sungmin and sighed.

 

“Oh. It’s really nice.” Yesung replied. “Aren’t we going to look at the rooms?” Henry asked. “Yeah. Off course. I think the boys’ room will be at the other side of the stairs.” Elle replied. “Let’s go.” Donghae said. “Let’s go too.” Melanie said.

 

The caretaker toured them around the house and presented the room they’ll be staying at. All of them went to the rooms. All the boys will be staying together and the girls as well. The room’s design is also classic.

 

The doors are not the modern type and everything seems a long time ago. They leave their baggage inside the room and introduced themselves to the caretaker. “Annyeong Ahjussi! I’m Elle Park. I was the one who rented this place.” Elle introduced herself humbly.

 

“I’m Choi Sooyoung. How are you?” Sooyoung said. “I’m Melanie Aurora Lee. Nice meeting you.” Melanie introduced herself cheerfully.

 

“I’m Kim Hyoyeon. It’s nice meeting you Ahjussi.” Hyoyeon said. “I’m Lee Sungmin.” Sungmin said. “I’m Lee Donghae. Nice to meet you Ahjussi.” Donghae said.

 

“I’m Kim Jongwoon but you can call me Yesung. You sure took care of this house properly. It’s really nice.” Yesung said. “I’m Sunny Lee. How are you Ahjussi?” Sunny said.

 

“I’m Henry Lau. This place is nice.” Henry said. “I’m Lee Kyuhyun. Nice to meet you Ahjussi.” Kyuhyun said and smiled at the caretaker.

 

“It’s nice to meet all of you. This place has been care take by me for long years. Its design is influenced by the classic style. I hope you enjoy your stay here like the other guests have been.” The caretaker said softly and smiled at them. “Kamsahamnida Ahjussi.” Elle said.

 

“These are the keys. I’ll be leaving it to you. I’m staying at the other house just a few meters from here. If you need anything just come. Regarding your food, there’s a car parked in my garage. Just come to my house if you’ll be going out.” The caretaker said.

 

“We will. Thank you very much.” Melanie replied. The caretaker went out of the house after introducing the house to them.

 

“You didn’t take a rest? Did you?” Sooyoung asked Sungmin who was resting at the couch. “Yeah. I need to survey the place or the President will get outrage if something happens to Elle.” Sungmin replied then smiled.

 

“Is it hard being a bodyguard?” Sooyoung asked. “Yeah .But it’s fun even though you’re risking your life.” Sungmin replied again.

 

“Don’t you miss your family?” Sooyoung asked again. “I don’t have one. They died a long time ago. So I’ve been working to the President.” Sungmin replied.

 

“Oh sorry.” Sooyoung said and felt down. Sungmin then poked her cheeks, “It’s okay. It’s been a long time though.”

 

Melanie, on the other hand, who was sitting on the other couch, was the one being outrageous. She can’t take what she’s seeing. She stood up and went out of the house. “Aish, he’s being over confident and the Mr. I’m Perfect guy again. It irritates me.”

 

Melanie said as she’s blaming the flower at the yard. “Don’t petrify the flower.” Sungmin said as he appear at Melanie’s back. Melanie gasped and hit Sungmin. “What are you doing here?!” She asked.

 

“Nothing. I was surveying outside when I saw you cursing the flower.” Sungmin replied. “I’m not cursing nor petrifying it. Aish, why bother talking to me. Talk to that Noona of yours inside!” Melanie said loudly.

 

Then Melanie went back at the house. “What’s wrong with her? Aish, she’s so scary like her brother.” Sungmin said to the flower.