[29] The Examination day + The Results

His smile or his smirk?

A week after...

 

 

“Kyaa! I’m so excited!”Elle said as she was running to the stairs. It was the day of the examination and she was hoping she could beat Kyuhyun off the ranking. “Stop shouting! It’s annoying.” Kyuhyun said as he walked passed Elle holding a notebook in his hand.

 

 

 

“Someone’s not prepared.”Elle sang and smiled mockingly at Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun didn’t reply, instead shot death glares to Elle which made her shut up.

 

 

 

 

“Unnie I hope you’ll beat Kyuh oppa! Fighting!”Melanie said excitedly as Elle sat beside her. “I hope so.” She said with nervousness in her tone. After eating their morning meal, they all went to the cars waiting outside then made their way to school.

 

 

 

When they arrive, many students were cramming and busy scanning their notes. You can hear murmurs and buzzing sounds from everywhere. The teacher finally came in. Elle’s heart was thumping like mad since she feels like if she doesn’t nail these exams, she’ll be dead.

 

 

 

“Nervous, chipmunk?”Kyuhyun uttered as they came on their seats. “Whatever. I’m still going to put you down.” She replied then rolled off her eyes.

 

 

 

“Okay class please take out your ball pens and move away your extra things. We’ll be starting in a few minutes.”She said as she was distributing the envelopes containing the examination papers. “Don’t open it yet until the bell rings.” She ordered then continued distributing the papers.

 

 

 

She stopped then looked at Elle who was trying to relax, “Ms. Park relax. Don’t panic too much or you’ll forget what you’ve studied. You can do this.” She said and smiled at her. “Kamsahamnida Sansengnim.” She said then bowed to her teacher.

 

 

 

“What’s this, some sort of ism? Aish!”Kyuhyun complained to himself. “Relax Kyuhyun, it’s not like Ms. Nam has a magical power that send more intelligence to Elle. You’re getting paranoid.” Donghae said as he was flipping his envelope.

 

 

 

He just rolled off his attention, knowing that Donghae won’t give anything better to him. “You can do this Kyuhyun, you’re intelligent. It’s not like if you rank down you’re going to die.” He taught as he was comforting himself.

 

 

 

“No! Your world will be doomed! She’ll be asking so much from you!”his other side objected. “Look whatever happens, you’re still handsome. That’s all that matters. How hard could it be, changing Elle?” he accepted then nodded to himself. “Kyuhyun you look stupid. Stop talking to yourself.” Donghae said as he was staring at him with a what-the-hell-are-you-doing look.

 

 

 

Then finally, the bell rings. Elle and Kyuhyun both looked at each other with the, you’re-going-down look then opened their envelopes. Inside were the examination papers for all the major subjects they have. You can do this Elle! You want change right?” she told herself as she scanned first her test paper. “This will be nailed.” She whispered to herself then started answering.

 

 

 

After hours and hours of examination, it was all done. When the bell rung again, everyone jumped out of happiness. Finally the burden was lifted and weeks of sacrifice were over. Now all they’ll be waiting for is the results.

 

 

 

“Elle how do you find the exams?”Donghae asked as they were staying at the cafeteria, relaxing their minds off. “Why do you ask her? Off course she finds it easy?” Yoona hit Donghae’s arms and sent him the why-do-you-ask-those-kinds-of-questions look.

 

 

 

“Ani! It was kind of hard honestly. There were some parts where I think I didn’t do well.” She said then pouted, looking at her food.

 

 

 

“So you think you’re going to win on your deal?”Eunhyuk asked her curiously. “I don’t know. If Kyuhyun finds the exam really easy, then I think I’m going to lose.” She said in frustration.

 

 

“Nah! Kyuhyun finds everything easy even though it’s hard. He doesn’t tell the truth sometimes.” Donghae said in assurance.

 

 

 

“By the way speaking of Kyuhyun, where is he?”Sungmin asked as he got inside the conversation. “Yeah, where is he? I never saw him after the exams.” Yoona said in agreement.

 

 

 

“Yah Melanie! Where’s your brother?”Donghae asked Melanie who was busy eating her ice cream. “Hmm? Kyu oppa? I don’t know. Maybe he’s gone somewhere.” She replied with no feeling of concern in her. “Maybe he’s frustrated of the exams.” Sungmin said then nodded.

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~

The day of posting the rankings...

 

 

 

Elle and Kyuhyun walked on the dining room with no excitement in their eyes. “Yah! What’s the problem with the two of you?” Jessica asked as she was sitting on the dining area sipping her coffee. “I’m not in the mood to go to school today.” Elle replied nervously.

 

 

 

“A few days ago, you were skipping your steps off the stairs in excitement now you’re telling me you’re not in the mood to go to school? “She replied in objection.

 

 

 

“I can’t bear to see the results.”Elle replied as she sat down beside Melanie. “How about you Kyuhyun? You’re not the type to get scared of the results right?” she asked curiously. “Whatever. Let’s eat now.” He replied bluntly then sat next to Donghae.

 

 

 

After eating, they all went to the cars waiting for them outside as always. When they arrive at school Melanie needs to use her force to pull off Elle on the car because she doesn’t want to go out.

 

 

 

“Unnie let’s go now! We need to see the results!” Melanie said with excitement in her voice. “I – I can’t. I think I’m going to collapse.” She replied as Melanie got her out.

 

 

 

“Yah Kyuhyun! What’s happening to you? Let’s go now!”Donghae yelled on their car. Inside was Kyuhyun who was sitting like a statue not wanting to go out. “Someone’s scared!” Elle yelled then smiled at Kyuhyun who just went off the car and sent her back to back death stabs.

 

 

 

When they were walking to the announcement board, they passed by crying students and celebrating students. But there were many who don’t really look happy. Elle paused walking, “I don’t really think I can do this. Just call me when you see the results.” She said nervously as she was trying to back away.

 

 

 

“Unnie is this the time you’re going to back out? You’re just going to take a glance to the results. Nothing harmful”Melanie insisted as she holds Elle’s hand tighter. “D-Deh. I’m just going to take a glance then everything will be done.” She replied, trying to convince herself that everything will just be fine.

 

 

 

 

When they arrive on the announcement board, everyone moved to the side, making way for Kyuhyun and his group. Everyone was staring at them like they were the gods. Some girls were squealing and giggling to see Kyuhyun, Donghae, Sungmin and Eunhyuk altogether.

 

 

 

There were boys who were awed with Melanie and Yoona’s beauty. Psssh, that’s why I need to be on Top, It’s really insulting me.” Elle told herself as they arrived in front of the announcement board.

 

 

 

“How about let’s look at the junior’s first?”Kyuhyun suggested nervously, but still trying to look cool. “D-deh! Junior’s first!” Elle second the motion. “Fine. Whatever. We’re still going to look at your results next.” Melanie replied then grabbed Sungmin next to the List.

 

 

 

She pointed her hand to the list then slides it, looking for her name. “So what?” Elle asked nervously. As if it’s her examination results.

 

 

 

Sungmin and Melanie smiled then hugged each other and kept on jumping. Kyuhyun cleared his throat with the awkwardness of the situation.

 

Melanie pulled off then fixed herself. “I’m 3rd and he’s 8th.” She replied with a smile on her face. “Waa! Congratulations to the both of you!” Elle replied then hugged both of them. “Unnie C-can’t breathe!” they both said in unison.

 

 

 

Elle pulled off then smiled at the two of them. “Now you’re next.” Melanie wears her evil smile then looked at Kyuhyun.

 

 

 

She pushed Elle at the front and Donghae pushed Kyuhyun next to her. “Remember the deal!” she warned Kyuhyun.

 

 

“Yeah yeah. Whatever.” Kyuhyun replied bluntly.

 

“We’ll count. On 3...” Sungmin said excitedly.

 

“2...” They all said cheerfully making the two feel really nervous.

 

 

“1... Look now!” Eunhyuk exclaimed with excitement. That 3 seconds feels like forever.