[24] The Deal

His smile or his smirk?

“Ahh! My head” Elle whined as she was holding her head full of pain. She keeps on looking at where she was until she realized she was on her own room. “What happened to me?” she asked thinking someone, maybe someone will answer her.

 

 

 

“Hangover. Because you got drunk last night.” Kyuhyun said as he raised his head from reading a magazine in Elle’s couch. “Oh you’re here.” Elle said coldly. Then she moved her gaze to the window, she tried hard to remember everything that happened the previous night.

 

 

 

“Because you’re important to me. You’re my little sister.”The words she can’t erase from her mind. The words that broke her feelings. The words that hurt her the most.

 

 

 

Kyuhyun cleared his throat, “So what are you planning to do now?” he asked then looked at her.  “Change myself.” She replied in a serious tone.

 

 

 

“And how are you going to do that?” Kyuhyun asked curiously. She looked at him with a smile, “Off course with your help.” Then moved to where he was and sat beside him.

 

 

 

“And what makes you think I’m going to help you?” he asked mockingly. “Because we’re friends.” She said without taking away her gaze to Kyuhyun. She was attempting to make her cutest look to him. “Who gave you the idea that we’re friends?” he asked then continued reading the magazine.

 

 

 

“Come on Kyuhyun, you’re always backing me up when I’m hurt. Isn’t that called friendship?” Elle said annoyed at him. “So what do you want me to do?” he asked and raises a brow.

 

 

 

“Be my teacher. Teach me how to dress properly, act properly and to be everyone’s ideal girl. Teach me how to be popular.” She said with full of enthusiasm. “No.” He replied directly. Elle looked at him frustrated, “Why? I thought we’re friends?” she whined.

 

 

 

“Do you think Donghae will like you just because you’ve changed?” Kyuhyun replied then stood up from where he was sitting at. “I know he doesn’t like me. I accept that. But maybe if I’m popular, many will move their attention to me.” She said trying to convince him.

 

 

 

“So you’re actually telling me to teach you how to flirt?” Kyuhyun said in realization and raised his brow. “NO!” she hit Kyuhyun’s arm.

 

 

 

“I’m asking you to teach me how to be popular.” Elle replied and started to shake Kyuhyun. “Stop shaking me. You’re like Melanie. But why me? Melanie’s around here.” he asked curiously.

 

 

 

Elle stopped shaking him and replied, “Because you’re popular, everyone knows that. Plus you’re a guy so you know what guys are like and you’re my friend. Hear it? Friend.” She emphasized the word ‘Friend’ to him.

 

 

 

Kyuhyun didn’t reply then stood for a while thinking of something deeply. “So you’re going to do it?” Elle asked full of hope.  Then he smirked again as if something brilliant pops out of his head. “I’ll help you if you beat me on the Ranking List in the school.” He said happily.

 

 

 

“What?! Are you serious? That’s hard!” Elle replied with her shoulders down. “So as what you’re asking for.” Kyuhyun replied then sat down again to read the magazine he was reading for ages.

 

 

 

“Aish, fine! But promise me you’ll help me if I beat you.” Elle said in defeat. “That’s a deal.” Kyuhyun smirked then walked out of the room leaving Elle thinking hard about what to do to beat Kyuhyun in the Top.

 

 

 

“So you’re actually competing with Kyuhyun oppa?” Melanie said as she gets inside the room directly. “I know, it’s hard.” She replied disappointingly. “Don’t be down unnie. You’re smart too remember? I know you can beat him.” Melanie said cheerfully.

 

 

 

“You think so?” she asked curiously. “No. But if you study harder, maybe the gods will send miracles.” Melanie replied honestly. “Why are you here?” Elle asked changing the topic. “Yeah. Ms. Kim told me to call you so you can eat your meal now.” She replied with a smile.

 

 

 

“Ah, Okay. Thanks. I’ll be coming out. I’ll just wash up.” She said. Then with that Melanie went out of the room and Elle went to her wash room.