[41] Cheating

His smile or his smirk?

“What could this be?”she taught to herself as she arrived at the front of the Principal’s office.

 

 

 

She first fixed herself then knocked twice on the door. “Come in.” A serious man’s voice ordered. She sighed then opened the door.

 

 

 

 

“Ms. Park please have a sit.”He ordered and pointed at the wooden chair in front of him.

 

 

 

“Erm, Mr. Shin why did you call me?”she asked nervously and looked intently at the principal.

 

 

 

“Ms. Park how did you find the examinations?”he asked seriously. “Well it was surely hard but I got the hang of it.” She said with a smile.

 

 

 

 

 “How long have you been preparing for the exams?” he asked again. He was looking at Elle with suspicious looks. “Uhm, a week. But I got surprised when I found I landed on the 2nd spot. It was all a miracle.” She said dreamily.

 

 

 

 “Uhm, why are you asking?” She asked snapping out of her thoughts.

 

 

 

“I’m sorry Ms. Park but I’m afraid you are going to be expelled from this school.”The principal said with dismay on his face.

 

 

 

Elle’s smile has been changed to a confused look. “Expelled? Why?” she asked feeling the verge of tears on her eyes would come down any time.

 

 

 

 

 

“We’ve checked your test paper and we’ve found out an extra paper in your envelope. And that extra paper is this one.”He said and got out a paper from an envelope.

 

 

 

 

“Is this yours?”the principal asked nervously as he pointed at the paper. “Yes but-“ Elle didn’t finished her explanation.  “This means everything.” The principal said trying to control himself.

 

 

 

 

“But I didn’t put it there!”She said trying to convince the Principal. “Please believe me. I didn’t cheat in any examinations I’ve taken.” She said pleadingly.

 

 

 

 

“If it wasn’t you then who could it be?”he asked in a matter-of-fact tone. “I don’t know. But it’s not really me.” She said with sadness in her eyes.

 

 

 

 

“It could be an inside job but no one can enter the Test Paper bank.”He said again while he was thinking.

 

 

 

 

“Ms. Park I believe in you. But this evidence means something.”He said with disappointment on his voice. Elle sniffed and replied, “It never happened and I will never do such a thing.” She replied back with a shaky voice.

 

 

 

 

“Look Ms. Park I’m trying to find ways. And I believe your Grandpa will get outrage when he hears this. For the mean time please make your move to clean your name as well.”He said then looked at Elle still with a disappointment in his eyes.

 

 

 

 

“The deliberation will be done in three days. Please have someone that could help you testify your answers.”  The Principal sighed and ordered Elle to go out now.

 

 

 

 

Elle bowed at the Principal and walked off the office. She was crying really hard and as if her world had shattered.  She was thinking to be alone for the day and stay away from her friends as well.

 

 

 

 

When she was walking to the hallway, there were many gossips pointing at her and other students were looking at her with dismay on their faces.

 

 

 

 

She went to the parking  lot and looked for their car. She saw the car where Kyuhyun takes and got inside. There will always be a driver staying on the car where Donghae and Kyuhyun are getting in.

 

 

 

 

“Ms. Park why are you here?!”the driver asked with a shock expression on his face. Elle can’t go to Sungmin and asked him to drive her home. She’ll just disturb them plus she doesn’t want to hear anymore gossips and bad mouthing words from the students in the hallway.

 

 

 

 

“Take me back to the mansion.”She said with a stern voice then the driver nodded seeing Elle’s look.

 

 

 

 

When she arrived home, the maids were all surprised and bowed at her. Ms. Kim was also surprised and automatically asked her, “Ms. Park it’s still class hours. Why are you here?”

 

 

 

 

 

Elle came in running, covering her face. She just can’t stop crying even if she wants to. “I’m sick Ms. Kim.” She said as she run through the staircase and into her room.

 

 

 

 

 

She make sure she locked her door then continued crying on her bed.

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile on the school...

 

 

 

Kyuhyun, Donghae, Melanie, Yoona, Sungmin and Eunhyuk were walking on the hallway. They were directing to the cafeteria.

 

 

 

 

“I wonder what took Elle so long.”Sungmin asked himself curiously. Just then they heard a boy and a girl student gossiping about her. They were used to the gossips on Elle about her changing and being beautiful and all this praising words.

 

 

 

But what hit them was the word crying. “Can you repeat what you just said pretty girl?”

Donghae asked seductively making the girl blushed. Yoona wasn’t against this because she was curious as well.

 

 

 

 

The girl didn’t knew that these bunches of students in front of her were Elle’s best friends. “Well the school’s number 1, the beautiful girl was caught cheating on the exams. She will be expelled from this school. She went out of the school crying. Poor girl, she should have been so pressured on being on Top that she forced to cheat.” She said with an annoying smile on her face.

 

 

 

 

“Take back what you said!”Sungmin blurted out. He can’t control his anger and his fist were forming a punch. She knew Elle wouldn’t do such thing. “BWOH?! I was just saying the truth.” The girl said with a surprise look on her face. Her must be ‘boy friend’ drag her out of the scene.

 

 

 

 

The rest were all standing there like statues. They were all thinking hardly how did this happened. “Where do you think Elle could be?” Yoona asked worriedly. She got her phone and called her but no answer.

 

 

 

 

“Since she’s out of the school, probably she went home. She doesn’t like to go out of the mansion if she’s sad.”Kyuhyun said as he started to sprint off the place. “Let’s all go home.” Melanie suggested and followed her brother.

 

 

 

 

“Hey will you be fine here?”Donghae asked at Yoona. She cupped his face and replied, “Off course I’ll be fine. Now go talk  to Elle. I’ll take care of things here.” Yoona replied then smiled at Donghae. He kissed her forehead then followed after them.

 

 

 

 

“Oh good where’s our car?”Donghae asked Kyuhyun who was looking at the cars in front of them. Just then Jessica arrived.

 

 

 

 

“Have you seen Ms. Elle?”she huffed and puffed. She was running all the way from her office to the parking area.

 

 

 

 

“We need to go home.”Eunhyuk said with a worried expression on his face. “Okay. I’ll just stay here to talk with the Principal. Here’s my key. Go now.” She said then started to walk back.

 

 

 

 

“Aish, no time. Let’s go!”Kyuhyun said and got on Jessica’s car. Donghae got next to him as well. While Eunhyuk, Sungmin and Melanie were in there car. Kyuhyun can’t understand but he has this kind of feeling that he wanted to protect Elle.

 

 

 

 

Ms. Kim who was doing some of her paper works got shocked when she heard a car came in the mansion. She darted from her office to look at the commotion outside. Just when she was about to open the door Melanie together with the group came in.

 

 

 

 

“Where’s Elle?”Kyuhyun automatically asked. The maids bowed at them.“Why? What happened? She’s in her room. She said she was sick.” Ms. Kim replied. She doesn’t understand a thing about what’s happening right now.

 

 

 

 

They all moved rushing towards Elle’s room and started to call out her name. “Unnie open up!” Melanie yelled from the door. “Elle talk to us! We’ll help you.” Donghae yelled as well. “Elle we don’t believe in them!” Sungmin yelled out too. Eunhyuk kept on knocking at the door.

 

 

 

 

“Aish, go get the keys.”Kyuhyun ordered one of the maids. The maid run through a cabinet and got out the house keys. She gave the key for Elle’s room and Kyuhyun opened it.

 

 

 

When they got inside, the room was all dark. The curtains were all down and you can’t see things clearly. “Unnie where are you?” Melanie asked softly as she began searching for Elle.

 

 

 

 

Just then they found Elle lying on the floor, with her normal house attire. There were still tears on her face. But she wasn’t moving. She was dead, asleep or got suicide?