Start :)

His smile or his smirk?

After the sumptuous meal, the makeup artists, hair stylists, and the designers have arrived and are ready to create magic for the evening’s event. Photographers and a lot of press members are crowding in front of the mansion, eager to get a glimpse of the President’s granddaughter.

 

 

A few hours passed by and it’s almost time for Elle to gou out of her room. The rest have been finished and only Kyuhyun and Jessica are left to wait for Elle who was having her finishing touches.

 

 

“She’s done.” Elle’s personal maids announced in unison from the stairs. Jessica and Kyuhyun looked at each other nervously while staring at the shadow that’s coming nearer the stairs.

 

 

Moments later, the wait is over. A stunning birthday girl stood in front of them.

 

 

 

Kyuhyun’s POV...

 

“It feels like we’re getting married.” He taught while expecting for Elle.

 

“She’s beautiful. No. Beautiful isn’t enough. She looks like a goddess.” Kyuhyun told himself as Elle was walking slowly and carefully through the stairs.

 

“Compose yourself Kyuhyun. You have a mission to do here.” He said then fixed his tie and went close to Elle.

 

 

Elle’s POV...

 

“I really think everyone’s gone now.” She told herself as the wardrobe stylist was done fixing her gown. After everything was ensured perfect, she slowly walk out off her room and heard her personal maids announced that she’s already done.

 

 


“What should I do? How am I supposed to look at them? I’m really nervous.” She said as she got an eye contact with Jessica and Kyuhyun.

 

“Jessica really looks beautiful.” She said then smiled at her. But what caught her attention was Kyuhyun’s look.

 

 

 

“He really looks handsome. He’s a god. No wonder every girl will stoop down on his feet.” She said as she took the final stair step then finally, was in front of Kyuhyun and Jessica.

 

 

 

“Let’s go. Everyone’s eager to see you Ms. Elle.” Jessica woke them both off of their views.

 

 

 

“Deh.” Both of them replied nervously then Kyuhyun got Elle’s hand and hooked it on his arms. She smile in reply and told herself to act normally as much as possible.

 

~~~~~

 

Camera flashes, Crowd’s cheer and Close friends’ smiles greeted them as they arrived. Everyone was greeting her a happy birthday and she was overwhelmed of how a lot of people know her. She recognized her classmates and some of her schoolmates. There are her Grandpa’s Business Partners as she thinks, the busy waiters and of course, a lot of the body guards who are monitoring the location.

 

 

“Elle! Happy Birthday!” Sooyoung greeted cheerfully then hugged her best friend. “Thank you.” She replied then hugged back. “Where’s mom?” she asked her curiously.

 

 

 

“She’s chatting with your Grandpa over there.” She pointed to a round table with a lot of chairs where she thinks she’s supposed to seat. Melanie, Donghae, Yoona and Sungmin are all there as well.

 

She saw her Mom waving at her to come to them.

 

“They’re calling you Elle. I’ll talk to you later.” Sooyoung said then hugged Elle again before she went to another group of people.

 

 

“Let’s go?” Kyuhyun whispered softly which sent tingles on her spines.

 

 

“Don’t do that. It’s making me nervous.” She replied nervously then smiled bitterly at her. Kyuhyun held her hand and lead her to her Mom.

 

 

“Good Evening Mom.” Kyuhyun greeted respectfully then bowed at Elle’s Mom. “Hi Kyuhyun.” She replied with a genuine smile then told them to take a seat.

 

 

“He’s calling my Mom, his Mom again.” Elle told herself then pouted. “Stop pouting honey. Happy Birthday.” Her Mom said then kissed her on her cheek.

 

 

“Thanks Mom.” She beamed a smile then hugged her. “You really look stunning tonight.” She commented and moved out of the hug.

 

 

“But my Mom is more beautiful than me.” Elle replied cleverly.

 

 

 

“Unnie, Mom is stating a fact. You look like a...” Melanie started to say while thinking of the perfect word to describe her tonight.

 

 

 

“What’s the term?” Donghae looked at Yoona who was also thinking.

 

 

 

“Goddess.” Kyuhyun said softly as if talking to himself.

 

 

 

“Exactly!” Sungmin shouted happily.

 

 

Elle laughed at them then thanked them for the remark. Just as they were having fun, Grandpa cleared his throat and told Elle to come with him on the stage. Elle followed his Grandpa and hooked her hands on his arms.

 

 

When they arrived and was sure to be holding the crowd’s attention, Grandpa started talking. “Ladies and Gentlemen, I present you, the heiress of the family, the future President of my company, my granddaughter, Elle Park.” He said proudly then the crowd started to clap their hands and sang happy birthday to Elle.

 

 

After Elle blow the cake candle and made her wish her grandfather told her to speak in front of them.

 

 

“Good evening everyone.” She started speaking then paused to look at her Grandpa. He gave her a you-can-do-it look then she continued her talk.

 

 

“First of all, thank you very much for coming to my 18th birthday party. This whole year was indeed full of surprises and news which changed my life. I grew up in an ordinary family then ended up living with my Grandpa and his grandchildren as well who helped me and guided me in facing the new lifestyle I had.” She said nervously and then looked at her Grandpa.

 

“ Grandpa, thank you very much for never giving up on me and for trusting me on my abilities.”

 

“ Melanie, thank you for helping me the very first day we’ve encountered and for cheering me when I’m always down.”

 

“ Donghae, thank you for making me happy and being my brother. I’ll never forget your last words.”

 

“ Yoona, thank you for understanding me and helping me learn my feelings. Donghae is lucky to have you.”

 

“ Sungmin and Eunhyuk, my very special friends. Thanks guys for protecting me with all your might and making me laugh all the time. “

 

“Sooyoung, my dear best friend who talks more like my Mom. Thanks for your words of wisdom which always make me cry but then always give me lessons.”

 

“ Mom, thank you for everything. I can’t enumerate what you’ve given to me. Being my super mom was hard for you yet you’ve succeeded on providing me everything I’ve needed.”

 

“ Lastly, Kyuhyun. The meanest guy I’ve ever known. Thanks Kyuh for solving all my problems. Thank you for being by my side all this time. And thank you for all the lessons you’ve taught me. I’ll never forget each of them.”

 

“Once again, to everyone who came here, Thank you very much and enjoy tonight’s event.” She ended her talk then bowed at them. Grandpa stood up and went to the stage and lead Elle to the center to dance with her.

 

Sungmin, Eunhyuk, Henry, Donghae, Yesung and 10 other guys come to dance with her. The last dance was with Kyuhyun.

 

 

“Thought you’re never gonna dance.” Elle mocked and .

 

 

“Last dance is more special than the first chipmunk.”  He replied then locked his eyes with her. “What was that key about?” she changed the topic and brought the one which about the key she received from the morning.

 

 

“You’ll know that sooner or later.” He said then after awhile ended the dance and brought Elle to the table.

 

 

 

~~~~~

Moments later, Donghae ‘borrowed’ Elle from Kyuhyun and told him he’ll be giving her something personal.  Kyuhyun agreed then the two went to the bridge of the mansion near the tree house.

 

 

 

“Happy Birthday Elle.” Donghae said then ruffled Elle’s hair. “Yah! It’ll ruin!”Elle whined then fixed her hair. “So what is it you’re going to give me?”  Elle asked as she was done fixing her hair.

 

 

 

“This.” Donghae said then moved closer at Elle and kissed her at her forehead.

 

 

“That’s my gift. It can never be taken. Take care of Yoona for me. Arasso?” Donghae said while tears trickled down his face and smiled at Elle.

 

 

 

“I will. Thank You. Are you crying?” Elle replied then hugged him.  “No. It’s just that you’re growing up.” Donghae said and hugged back.

 

 

 

Just in time of their brother-sister hug, a group of men. About 10 of them came and pulled Elle off Donghae.

 

 

 

“Who are you?!” Elle shrieked off her lungs. “Where are you taking her?!” Donghae shrieked as well and was pulling Elle from them. “NO! Get away from me!” Elle whined and tried to fight the guys as much as she could. But she’s on heels and gown there’s no way she can do it.

 

 

 

Donghae was holding tightly to Elle.

 

Elle’s POV...

 

Then suddenly a loud thud was heard. There I saw, Donghae, slowly closing his eyes. Letting go of me from his hug. I tried to scream at him. “Donghae! NO!” I shrieked as I stare at him falling on the floor. He was lifeless; the guys knocked the gun on his head. Hard. Strong. Leaving him helpless on the floor.

 

It then came to me. “Take Care of Yoona if anything happens” “Take Care of Yoona for me.” Perhaps he saw this one coming. Perhaps he knew all along this will happen. Tears trickled down my eyes for being helpless. My mind wasn’t functioning properly.

 

Then a handkerchief was forced on me and the last thing I saw was Donghae lying on the floor, and then it was all black.

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was it a long chapter? XD
Anyways, the story's main point will be starting here. XD
Comments are loved <33