Losing The Battle

You're Not Sorry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N hellowwww. :P here's an update.

First day of getting a treatment, didn’t go as smooth as they thought it would be. The main reason was Taeng was not allowed into the room due to the doctor and patient rules. He has to wait for her outside and it really made him restless. He told her that he tried to convince the doctor, but well, it wasn’t easy at all since the doctor was really a strict one. But they did come to an agreement that the only place the doctor would visit and treat Tiffany was her hospital room, since they discovered another post-trauma symptom of hers. Tiffany hated being in a strange and unfamiliar room, excluding her own room in the hospital which she becomes familiar with after days spent there. After a couple of hours convincing the doctor, she agreed to see Tiffany only in her room, her own comfort zone.

Taeng huffed and puffed, while waiting outside, pretending to browse through his phone when all he can think about was the girl inside. Is she okay? What if she gets worse? Am I doing the right thing?

“Hey, Taeng. What are you doing out here?” Yul asked when he caught the figure lingering outside. “Is there something wrong with Tiffany?”

“The doctor’s talking to Fany.”

“Oh.” Yul took a seat on the chair outside the room. “How long has it been?”

“Almost an hour. It’s taking too long.” He huffed and paced around.

Yul chuckled. “No wonder you’re looking like this. Calm down, Taeng. She’s just a room away.”

Taeng gulped and his eyes turned dark as he glared at his friend. “She was a room away too when that bastard managed to do that to her!” He snapped at Yul. “F’ck this, I’m going in.”

The two people in the room were surprised at the sudden entrance. But when Tiffany recovered from it, she immediately demanded Taeng at her side, reaching out with her hands.

Taeng got the signal and trotted beside her, enveloping the girl in a protective hug. “Are you okay?”

Tiffany nodded her head and hid her face in his chest.

Taeng sighed in relief and the girl’s face.

“Mr. Kim, is there a reason why you interrupted out session when I specifically told you not to come in unless you are told so.”

“I have a very good reason for barging in.”

“Really? What is it?”

“Yul.” He scratched the back of his neck. “Yul’s here.”

Yul was standing at the door and tried his hard to hold his laugh. “Yeah, I’m here. That was why he barged in. Taeng is very excited to see me.”

Taeng gave him a glare before turning back to the doctor.

“Hey, Tiffany’s doctor. I believe we haven’t introduced yet, I’m Kwon Yul, their friends.” He held out his hand.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Seo Ju Hyun, a specialist for treating traumatic patients.” She shook the guy’s hand.

“So, you’re a specialist huh? Any idea why Tiffany hasn’t spoken a word since she woke up?” Still holding onto the doctor’s hand, he asked the question curiously.

Right when the doctor was about to answer, a shout interrupted her.

“SEOBANG!” Jessica rushed towards her husband and disconnected their hands. “I left you for 5 minutes, 5 MINUTES and you’re already flirting with another girl.”

“Baby, I was not flirting!” He defended himself. “I was just asking about Tiffany.”

“Yeah, right! Why are you asking a random girl about her? You could have just asked her doc….” Jessica trailed off as she observed the lady in a long white coat. “You’re Tiffany’s doctor?”

“Specialist. Seo Ju Hyun” She held out her hand.

Jessica ignored the hand and glared at the girl for holding Yul’s hand earlier.

Yul sighed and wrapped an arm around his wife’s waist, pulling her closer. “Miss Ju Hyun, this is my wife. She’s very possessive of me, I’m really sorry for her glares.”

Jessica pinched Yul’s side and pushed him before walking towards the couple who were sitting on the bed, observing their little argument.

“I see that you have guests, we’ll continue this tomorrow, Tiffany-shi.” Tiffany’s specialist said and made her way out.

“Tiff, how are you doing today?” She asked before kissing Tiffany on the cheek, Taeng groaned slightly because he was forced to give up his comfortable position to the cold girl.

“Stop grunting. Go bring us foods.” Jessica commanded.

“Why should I? Fany already ate. Go get your own food.”

Jessica glared at Taeng and it made him gulp. “I’ll go get us some ice cream.” He walked beside Yul and gave the laughing guy a firm punch at his chest. “Shut up, and come with me.”

 

***

Taeng pull out a few bills from his wallet and gave it to the cashier before making his way out of the shop, a plastic bag full of ice cream in it on his hand.

“So, you finally agreed on letting a psychiatrist treat her?”

“It’s not a psyh. Just a specialist.” He hated that word, because he doesn’t think that there’s anything wrong with Tiffany mentally.

Yul nodded. “How is she?”

“She’s doing good. But I know that she still keeps something inside. Even from me.” Taeng sighed.

“More of the reasons she should see that doctor.”

Taeng nodded tiredly.

“How are you doing?”

“I’m fine, thank you?” Taeng answered right away, a little weirded out that Yul would ask him that.

“When are you going back to work?”

Taeng raised his eyebrow at him. “My father sent you?”

Yul sighed. “You have to go to work. You’ve been absent for 4 days, the people at the company need you.”

“Mind your own business, in this case, your company, Yul.”

“Taeng, this is not a small matter. Your company has a lot of workers and they depend on you.”

“I have not inherited it yet. They still have my father, ergo, he is the one they should depend on.”

“But your father depends on you.”

Taeng grew quiet, feeling guilty that he had forgotten about that little detail.

“Just go, show your face to them in the morning, and you can spend the rest of the day with Tiffany here.”

“I’ve already told my father, I will do that, once Tiffany is all better.”

“She’s doing good already. You said so. Just go for a..”

“She still cries in her sleep! How is that any good?!”

Yul heaved a sigh. “You can’t keep on doing this. She grows to depend on you, how she’s going to do better if she keeps on looking for you.”

“I can’t see how that would affect her badly.”

“I’m not going to argue with you about this because you know how bad it is for her if you keep her on a short leash. Especially as we all know how this is not healthy for your future relationship with her. You’re not going to be around always, Taeng. You have the company, in the future to look after.”

Taeng ignored his friend and walked away towards into the elevator. He didn’t think that to have Tiffany clinging to him every moment, was a bad thing. Yul followed his friend closely.

“And you have to think of your family too, Taeng.”

“I am thinking of them.”

“You decided to abandon them and the dream they have built?”

“I’m not abandoning anyone, Yul. Do not anger me. I am trying to do my best for everyone, and for now, Tiffany is my priority. If they, my father especially, can’t understand that, why should I entertain his requests anymore?”

“He's not asking much. Just come to the office once in a while.”

“I will do that,once Tiffany is stable enough and is allowed to go home with me.”

“Your call, Taeng. Don’t go back on your words. But I meant it with what I said. About Tiffany too.”

Taeng didn’t answer and walked out of the lift before making his way towards Tiffany’s room. He took a deep breath once he was at the door, “I know you’re only doing this because you care, but I know what I’m doing, Yul. You don’t have to worry, or postpone that honeymoon of yours for the sake of me or Tiffany anymore. Go and have a vacation with your wife. I promise I’ll behave all the while you are gone.” He said softly before making his way into the room.

Yul smiled slightly. You’re really growing up, Taeng.

***

The next couple of days, Taeng and Tiffany spent it together at the hospital. Tiffany would go through for her session with Dr. Juhyun in the morning, while later that day, they would go to a park together and play with the kids from the hospital.

Taeng sat on the bench, with Tiffany sitting beside him, he wrapped his arm around her waist. “Which one would you want?” He asked suddenly as they enjoyed each other’s warmth.

Tiffany looked at Taeng, eyebrows raised.

“A boy or a girl?”

She blinked her eyes a couple of times, very much confused.

Taeng smiled and took her hand and carefully pointed at a set of girls playing on the swings, “Girls?” He directed her hand towards a set of boys playing at the see saw next, “Or boys?”

Tiffany tiny gasp escaped when she realized what he was asking about. She blushed and immediately retracted her hand from his grip.

Taeng chuckled. “I’m only asking, Fany-ah.”

She sheepishly smiled and took a sketchbook she always used to interact with people, writing a few words on it.

What would you want?

He pondered for a while and grinned. “I want a baby girl.”

Why?

 “Because she would have your smiling eyes and your megawatt smile.” Taeng cheekily said and stole a peck from Tiffany’s lips.

Tiffany’s face flush in red. She looked away immediately, but Taeng has already seized her hand and intertwined their hands together.

Taeng was surprised when Tiffany suddenly raised their hands and pointed it towards the boys that were running around the park. He smiled, realizing what she was trying to tell him. “A boy? Really?”

She nodded timidly, blushing again.

“Let me guess, so that he would inherit my charming smile and handsome face?”

Tiffany shook her head.

Taeng frowned. “So, whose traits is he going to have then?” He said as he crossed his arms, sulking that Tiffany would probably blab about Huihoon or any other guy.

She pulled away her hand and picked up the pink sharpie, starting to write something on the sketchbook.

Our baby would have your mesmerizing eyes. The windows to your soul.

Taeng grinned and leaned to kiss those cute lips. Talking about their future together brings the absolute jitters and excitement. He felt happy that Tiffany was cooperating and telling him all t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter