Fix It

You're Not Sorry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 2 weeks later

The first period for their class today is Mr. Grant class, Social Study. Taeng was thinking to skip the class but was stopped by Yul. So right now, Taeng wasn’t even paying a slightest attention to Mr. Grant. He plugged in his earphones and turned up the volume of his Ipod. He put his head on the table and started to fly off to his dreamland.

“Dude, wake up!”

“What?”He woke up and stretched his arms out.

“The class is over. It’s recess.” Yul pulled Taeng up from his seat. They started to make their way to the cafeteria with Jessica clinging to Yul’s arm.

“Finally. I can’t stand that horndog.” He makes a disgusted face.

“Me too. But you can’t ignore his lessons, Taeng. We’re sitting for the finals this year.”

“Yeah, Taeng. And you gotta stop being disrespectful to him. He’s going to fail you.” Jessica intervened.

“I don’t care. I still can graduate without his subject.”

“But it won’t look good on your college application.”

“Sure it is. But my father can get me into any college he wants. I’m supposed to follow all his plans after high school, remember?” He said solemnly. Yul and Jessica can only nod to Taeng’s words.

“Hey, guys! What’s with the sad faces?” Dennis greeted them.

“Nothing. Let’s talk about something else.” Yul tried to change the mood.

“Where’s Tiffany?” Surprisingly, it was Taeng who asked about it.

“Dude, that’s why I told you not to sleep in the class. Mr. Grant wants to see her during recess.”

“For what?”

“I don’t know. Something about the assignment she turned in.” Taeng groaned. He hopes that horndog won’t try anything funny with Tiffany.

“Have you guys heard of the announcement this morning?” Sunny started a new topic. They all nodded except for Taeng.

“I was late.” He shrugged.

“Luckily, I took the initiative of being a good friend to you. Here, you wear Medium size right?” Yul handed to him a t-shirt. He takes a closer look and sees big letters printed on the front of the shirt saying ‘Sports Week– Soshi High’.

“What the hell?! We’re in high school for god sakes!”

“What do you mean, Taeng? I think it’ll be fun.” Yul said excitedly. He loves exercising and working out so much. He was known as the most athletic student in school.

“I know you love it because of all those perky girls will be cheering your name!” Dennis .

“What? Of course I love it. There’ll be cheerleaders too!” He said happily earning a glare from his girlfriend.

“Anyway, we have to change and gather at the school hall after recess.” Sunny informed them.

“That fast? Are we supposed to compete immediately?”

“No, Taeng. They wanted to brief us about the competitions that’ll be held next week.” She explained.

“Why we have to change though?”

“The school paper wanted to take pictures for media purposes.”

“This school is seriously weird.” Taeng complained.

“Well, blame the principal, Taeng.” Yul looked at Taeng, raising his eyebrows up and down.

“You looked stupid, Yul.”

“I’m right though. The principal’s the one running the school.”

“Shut up, Yul!”said Taeng wanting to change the topic immediately.

 

All the students are now gathered at the school hall anxiously. They all have changed to the t-shirt they were given earlier. The students need to gather round according to their respected class. Taeng looked around the hall trying to spot a certain girl. He was getting restless when he couldn’t see her.

“What’re you looking at, dude?”

“I don’t see Tiffany anywhere.”

“Maybe Mr. Grant is still talking to her. Relax, Taeng.”

“What if he tries to do something to her?” Jessica said worriedly. Taeng shook his head.

“I see Mr. Grant though.” Taeng pointed at the front where Mr. Grant is standing, talking to a group of giggling female students.

“Oh, then we have nothing to worry about.” Yul tried to comfort Taeng but only to realise that Taeng is already gone. “Where did he go, Sica?”

“He’s going to look for her.” Jessica answered him. Yul sighed.

“Sica, I’ve been noticing things.” Yul said seriously.

“Me too, seobang. It’s about Tiffany and Taeng, right?”

“He never shows any interest in anyone, Sica. But now, he seems so interested in everything regarding Tiffany.”

“That’s right. He’s been stealing glances at Tiffany in class nowadays.”

“He did?”

“Yeah. He thought no one was looking.”

“Do you remember how he forced Tiffany to eat the other day? She keeps refusing to eat, until Taeng shoved the bread into personally.”

“That’s epic. Tiffany can’t even say another word after it.”

“I asked about it, you know. He just said that he thinks that Tiffany is a weird girl and intrigued by her. He’s curious about her.”

“But look at who’s worrying about a weird girl now.”

“Do you think he likes her? Or just plain curious?”

“Maybe. But we can’t be sure until he admits it.”

“Yeah, but I’ll doubt he is going to do that anytime soon.” They stopped their conversation when the master of ceremony introduces himself and started to brief about the events that’ll take place starting next week.

 

Taeng was running around the school trying to find Tiffany. He finally spotted a girl sitting on one of the benches in the school garden. The girl was staring intensely at something. When he moved closer to her, he saw what the girl was staring at; it was a caterpillar making a cocoon for itself.

“You can talk to bugs, now?” He sat down besides the girl. She looked at him for while before returning her attention back to the caterpillar.

“What are you doing here?” She questioned him without taking her eyes off the caterpillar.

“The teacher asked me to look for you. We’re supposed to be at the hall now.” He lied.

“I’m not going.”

“Why?”

“Because I don’t feel like it.”

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing.”

Taeng sighed for the millionth time. “You can talk to me about it, you know.” Silence crept upon them.

“I don’t want to talk about it.”She muttered under her breath.

“So, there is something bothering you?”Taeng heard her. Tiffany kept on staring at the bug, making Taeng frustrated. “That freaking bug felt uncomfortable under your stare. Just tell me what’s bothering you?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter