Goodbyes Are Hard

You're Not Sorry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N

Hi readers! here's another update.

 

 

“What do you mean I can’t go!” Tiffany yelled through the phone.

“I’m sorry, Fany. It’ll be hard for me to board the plane if you come.”

“This is not the right time to be cheesy.” Tiffany said with an annoyed voice.

“I’m serious.”

“So you don’t want to see me at all before you go?”

Taeng sighed hearing the hurt in Tiffany’s voice. “I don’t mean it that way, Fany. It’s really hard for me to part with you. I don’t think I can let go of you.”

“Do you only think of yourself? What about me? We didn’t say anything last night and now you’re leaving without saying goodbye?” She didn’t know why, but she felt so attached to Taeng that she can’t understand why he didn’t want to see her.

“It’s not going to be goodbye, Fany-ah. I’ll be back.”

“What if it’ll be the last time?” Tiffany emphasized.

“Why do you keep on saying that?” Taeng was confused. First Tiffany complained about leaving her, and now she’s acting like they won’t be seeing each other after this.

“Because you will never know what could happen.”

A tired sigh was heard again from the other line. “Please don’t make it harder for me, Fany-ah.”

“Harder for you?” Tiffany repeated as she felt a pang in her heart. “Fine, have it your way. You selfish brat.” Tiffany said and hung up. She huffed out in annoyance; she could not believe what Taeng had told her.

She was in the café, working her morning shift since it was not a school day when Taeng had called her on her handphone. She picked it up excitedly thinking that Taeng would be coming to get her so that they can go to the airport together. But when Taeng told her that he can’t pick her up, her excitement died away. It was getting weirder when she told him that she’ll go there by herself, her boyfriend refused to tell her his plane’s exact time and which airplane he’ll be taking.

After pushing and whining on the phone, she finally has the answer to his behaviors. Turned out, Taeng had already making his own decision from the start that is to not seeing each other before he’ll board the plane. It made Tiffany furious that he would do that without letting her know first.

Her phone kept on ringing, obviously her boyfriend calling back to console her, but she refused to and ignore it as it continued ringing for countless time.

“Aren’t you going to get that?” Boa asked.

“No.”

“Upset with him?”

“He’s stupid and selfish.”

Boa nodded agreeing to what Tiffany’s said. “But he got a point though.” Boa overheard what they were fighting about and she kind of agree with her favourite cousin.

“What? That he won’t be able to let me go when he see me? That’s bull.”

“Tiffany, he’s telling you the truth and you called it bull?”

“But he should’ve told me earlier. No wonder he didn’t give me an answer when I asked him last night.”

“He knows you’ll be stubborn if he told you.”

“This is not fair.” Tiffany stomped her feet on the ground.

Boa chuckled at Tiffany’s childish action. “Just answer his calls.”

“No. If he didn’t want to see me, fine. I won’t talk to him.”

“That’s childish and you know it.” Boa said while laughing. “Anyway, I need to go to my friend’s house to drop this cake I bake. Watch the café for me?”

“Sure, Unnie.”

“Do you know where Huihoon is? He’s supposed to be in by now.”

“Huihoon called and said he’s running a bit late. But he’s probably on his way right now.”

“Alright, tell him, he’s on cleaning duty today.”

“Will do, Unnie.”

“I’ll be off, call me if you want anything.” Boa said before exiting the café.

A couple of minutes later, Tiffany’s phone buzzed showing a new text message received.

            Please answer my calls. I’m really sorry, Fany.

Tiffany ignored it and went to the café’s store room to sort some stuffs out.

            Fany, I’m sorry. Can we at least talk before I board the plane?

Another one comes after that and after that.

            I don’t want to leave you like this. Please don’t be mad at me. :(

            Are you that mad?

            That was a stupid question. Forgive me please?

            Reply me, please. The plane is in another hour. There I told you.

Frustrated with the neverending messages, Tiffany typed an answer and pressed send.

                What good would that be for me? I thought you don’t want to see me.

She received a reply almost instantly.

            Finally, you replied. Pick up, please?

After that message, Tiffany’s phone went off startling her when she was about to type a reply. She pressed answer and put her phone to her ear.

“Fany-ah, finally. I’m sorry. Don’t be mad. I’ll do anything for you after this. It’s my fault but please don’t be mad at me anymore. It’s killing me.” Taeng said rushingly, afraid that his girlfriend would hang up on him.

“Is that all you wanted to say?” Tiffany coldly said.

Taeng flinched from his girlfriend’s cold voice. “Fany-ah…”

“Bye then.”

“Wait, Fany. You know how hard it is to me to say goodbye to you. Even for a couple of hours would kill me, let alone one week.”

“And yet you’ll leave without saying anything to me.”

“It’s different, Fany-ah. I’m not that strong. I won’t be able to go if I see you in front of me, with your hand in mine. How could I let go?” Taeng said sincerely. He can’t imagine leaving Tiffany, but he has to this time. It’s his responsibility as the heir of his father’s company.

“You’re exaggerating.” Tiffany paused. “Maybe you don’t want me to go because you have somebody else sending you off.” She muttered her thought aloud.

“What?” Taeng sounded surprised. “What are you saying? There’s no one else, Fany-ah. It’s only me at the airport. My father had left in the morning.”

“Then why do you refuse to see me?”

Taeng sighed. “Seeing you , being by your side is my ultimate dream. And I would do anything do just that, but for now, it’s just hard. Too hard.” He said sadly. “If you’re going to be upset at me for this, then I’ll cancel my flight and come running to you.”

Tiffany was quiet as she tried to see her boyfriend’s point of view. A thought suddenly occurred to her that it would be difficult for her too if she was in his place.

“Alright. I understand.” She finally said. “You don’t have to cancel your flight.”

“Really?” Taeng’s voice immediately lightened up. “So you’re not mad at me anymore?”

“Nope. I was mad because you made the decision all by yourself.”

“I’m truly sorry. I must not be thinking right.” Taeng said truthfully. “Anything you want from me to make up for my mistake?”

“Promise me something.”

“Anything.”

“You have to take care of yourself and don’t fall sick while you’re there.”

Taeng chuckled. “Funny, I was about to tell you the exact same thing.”

“Promise me.” Tiffany’s voice was serious.

“I promise, my love. Anything else?”

“No, that’s all.”

“You’ll have to promise me the same thing.”

“That’s not the deal.”

“Yahh, then you’re going to make yourself sick?”

“If that would make you come back sooner, then maybe it’s not such a bad idea.” Tiffany joked a little once her anger started to dissipitate.

“Fany-ah, that wasn’t even funny.” Taeng said sternly. He didn’t like it at all, his beloved falling sick, and he’s not there to take care of her.

“I’m just kidding, Taeng. I’ll try my best not to fall sick.”

“Good girl.” Taeng smiled through the phone. “I love you, Fany-ah.”

“I love you too. Please take care of your health there. Don’t skip any meals or sleep late.”

Taeng laughed. “That’s my line, Fany.” He talked softly on the phone, as if he was talking directly to his beloved. “I missed you already.”

“Me too.”

“See, it’s even hard for me to even hang up right now.” Taeng whined.

“I need to work.”

Taeng pouted. “Stay a bit more?”

“I can’t leave the boys alone for too long.”

“Alright.” Taeng paused. “I’ll call you again when I’m about to take off.”

“You better do so.”

“I will, baby.”

“Bye, Taeng.”

“Talk to you later.”

Tiffany hung up and put her phone in her pocket. She went back to the front and saw the boys lazing around. “No customers?”

They all shook their head. Just on cue, Huihoon came from the front door, smiling enthusiastically. “Good Evening, Noona!”

“Hoon-ah. Evening.” She smiled and patted his head. “Oh, Boa Unnie said you’re on cleaning duty today.”

“Yea, sure. I’ll bring the garbage out then.” Huihoon said before heading to the back, passing through the kitchen.

“Boys, I’ll need to go the restroom for a minute.”

“Sure, Noona.” Yonghyun answered without looking at her. His eyes were focused on the television that was showing his favourite girl group.

“Stop ing around, Yong.” Tiffany said. “Go take that guy’s order.” She pointed at a new guy who was walking in, with a cap on his head.

“Fine, Noona.” Yonghyun unwillingly peeled his eyes off the television and went to the table the guy sat at. “What would you like, sir?”

“Black coffee.”

“Anything else?”

“No.” He shook his head. “Can I use the restroom here?”

“Sure, just go straight there. The men’s would be on your left.”

“Yeah, thanks.”

 

 

Tiffany was gettin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter