Hate Me

You're Not Sorry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunlights invaded a tidy room with its owner still in deep in his slumber on his bed. His alarm buzzed loudly through the room disrupting the peaceful morning. But still, the figure didn’t move a muscle and only continued to snore. The alarm finally quieted down but then his phone rang continuously until the sleeping person woke up and answered it.

“What’s the emergency?”He said groggily into the phone.

“Yul? Are you still sleeping?”

“Well, I’m all up now. What do you want?”He said harshly since he was a bit worked up.

“Well, I just want to remind you for our plan tonight.”

“What plan?”

“Dude, we’re meeting at Noona’s cafe remember? To discuss our friend’s situation?”

“What friend?”He questioned still feeling a bit blurry.

“Wake up!”He heard the other person yelled to him over the phone. He felt his ears pained by the sudden loud volume.

“What the hell, Den! You don’t have to do that!”Yul yelled back.

“Great, now you’re all up. So, what do you say? Is it still on?”

“Yeah. It’s on. I’ll be there tonight. But I still don’t get why you’ll call me this early!”

“Oh, I just wanted to disturb your sleep and let you feel how Taeng feels when you woke him up every morning.”

“Damn you, Den. I did it for him out of love.”Yul chuckled at his own words. “That reminds me, I haven’t woken him up yet. See you later, Den.”

“Alright, Yul. Bye.”

Yul hung up his current phone call and began to dial his bestfriend number. He silently grinned to himself. ‘Taeng is so gonna hate this’. However the other line kept on ringing and was never picked up. Yul tried dialing again but he got the same results. He frowned. This had happened for days now, Taeng always ignored his calls, whether it was one of his annoying wake up calls, or just a casual call to ask Taeng to hang out with the gang.

“What happened to you, Taeng?”He muttered to himself.

He had noticed all the changes in Taeng. Taeng barely hangs up with him anymore, and although he kept telling him that it was because his increasing work at the company, he wouldn’t take that for an answer. Taeng looked like he had returned to his cold self and that he started to distance himself from all of his friends. Yul wanted to talk to Taeng, but he always refused telling him that he was okay and that he got nothing to worry about. Yul. He knows Taeng becomes that way because of her, Tiffany. The girl who managed to steal Taeng’s heart. He stills didn’t know what happened between them, that is why they were arranging to meet today to discuss Taeng’s matters since they couldn’t take it any longer watching his friend continuing to be like that.  He sighed again at the thought of an obviously depressed Taeng.

 

Taeng was in front of the full length mirror, eyeing his reflection thoroughly. He just got out from the shower, he was already up since dawn. He heard his phone ring and ignored it. It continued to ring and he decided to look at the caller ID. He sighed when he saw it was his bestfriend, Yul. ‘He probably wanted to wake me up. I wasn’t even asleep last night.’ He thought to himself.

Truthfully, he was at his father’s company all night finishing documents that were assigned to him for a final check. He was too exhausted from all the work at the office, but was glad it kept him busy and his mind off from a certain girl. When he was finally through with his work and went home, he found it hard to fall asleep as his mind was immediately filled up with images of the girl.

He was going to skip school again today and probably escaped from another lecture from his friends. He couldn’t understand why his friends would give a damn if he was not acting like himself, or why he keeps on avoiding them. He thought it was obvious enough for them that he clearly didn’t like when he was constantly bugged about Tiffany and how they think that they should talk it out. But they kept on pushing on that matter and that made Taeng frustrated. He started to avoid them just because of that. He didn’t need a constant reminder that he used to be close to the girl and that he shouldn’t let one stupid fight ruin their friendship.

Taeng scoffed. “They don’t even know what’s going on.”He said to no one.

Taeng fixed his suit and tie in front of the mirror. He sighed out loud and went out of his room.

“Good morning, dear.”His stepmother greeted cheerfully.

Taeng only nodded to her and took a seat at the table in front of the already prepared breakfast.

“You’re coming to the meeting right?”Mr. Kim asked his son.

“Yeah, dad. I’m all dressed up, see?”He pointed at himself.

“Just making sure. I have already informed your Uncle of your absences.”

Taeng didn’t say anything else and started to eat his breakfast in silence.

Taeng’s father observed his son’s behaviours. He noticed that Taeng had become very quiet and not quite himself this past weeks. In the past, Taeng had always complained about meetings that he has to attend. Taeng hated them and would do anything he can to avoid them. But recently, Mr. Kim found that Taeng didn’t even show any sign of reluctance of attending those meetings. Taeng didn’t even mind staying at the office past work hours too. Mr. Kim found it odd that Taeng was so compliant and doesn’t show any kind of rebelling that it was getting Mr. Kim worried about his son's condition.

“Are you okay, Tae?” His father asked.

Taeng looked up from his plate. “Yeah, dad.”

“You don’t look okay to me.”

“I’m fine, dad. Just a little bit sleepy.”He broke into a smile that only lasted for a second.

“If you don’t feel that well, you can skip this one and just stay home.”

“Why would I do that? I’ve prepared for this for days now. I can do this, dad.” He didn’t want to stay at home. If he does that, his mind will only wander to her.

“Alright, Tae. Do well.”He smiled at his son.

 

“That was a great presentation, Mr. Kim. Your son did really great!”A man walked up to his dad and congratulated them.

“Yeah, I think he did pretty well too.”

“Son, you’ll be a great leader soon, I’m looking forward to work with you again.”The man patted his shoulder and went off his way.

“Tae, hear that? You did great. Not bad for a first time huh?”His father said to him.

“Thank you, dad. I was nervous, but I guess I pulled it off.”He faked a smile again.

“You sure did, see, you’re a natural. You’re born to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter