Scars

You're Not Sorry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeng woke up because of his ringing phone. He stretched out his neck and rubbed it continuously trying to make the painful sore better. He checked on Tiffany, and sees her still sleeping. He heaved a sigh and finally picked up his phone on the bedside table.

“What do you want?”

“Dude, the principal wants to see you.”Yul voice was heard.

“Why?”

“It’s about yesterday.”

“Tell him, I can’t right now. Tiffany hasn’t waked up yet.”

“You have to be here, Taeng. He needs explanations from you.”

“I can’t leave her alone.”

“There are nurses there. It’s their job.” Taeng pondered a moment.

“Fine. I’ll be there in 15 minutes.”he hung up his phone and went out of Tiffany’s room. He spotted a young nurse, who’s staring at her phone at the front desk.

“Hey. Can you do something for me?”

“How can I help you sir?”the nurse smiled.

“Come with me.”he said seriously, giving the nurse a bad impression of him.

“What?”

“Geez, just come okay.”he pulled her from her desk and dragged her back to Tiffany’s room.

“Stay here, and watch her for me. Don’t you even dare to blink your eyes.”he sat the nurse on a chair.

“I have something else to do sir. But I’ll check up on her later.”

“No. I want you to stay here. If she even fluttered her eyelids, call me immediately.”he said and typed his numbers in the nurse’s phone.

“Sir, I can’t do this. I have other obligations.”

“Please, she’s really important to me. I won’t be long.”he plead to the nurse.

“Alright sir, but please come back soon. I can’t afford to leave my post for so long.”

“Thank you, lady.”he said and marched out of the room.

 

Taeng entered the Principal’s office hastily, shocking the people who were in there. Taeng is still wearing yesterday’s clothes, and he looked very exhausted. He looked around the room and sees all his friends in there, even the girls too.

“Glad you came, Tae.”the Principal spoke first.

“What more explanation do you need?”he said coldly.

“Well, can you start with how does one student and one teacher from my school got admitted into a hospital yesterday?”

“You forgot about Tiffany.”he replied harshly.

“Yeah. Miss Hwang too. What happen?”

“They tried to her, I came in time and gave them what they deserved.”

The principal sighed.

“You can’t go around and hit people, Tae. Not in my school. I have parents to answer to.”

Taeng scoffed.“So it’s okay to go around and them now?”

“That’s not what I mean, Tae..”

“That’s exactly what you mean. You don’t care about the students, just the school image. Don’t worry, this won’t go out. Just pay some reporters to tell them to shut up like the last time.”

“I’m not like that, Tae. You know that, your dad ask a favour from me. We can’t let the news of the Kim Corporation’s only heir goes around, beating people up out for public.”

“That’s the thing with this school, only one side of the story got heard. It’s not like I beat them up for fun. I was ambushed by them first, should I just stay still and let them hit me then? Because of you, I was criticised by the people around me, for using money and my dad’s power.”

“Tae, I’m really sorry for that.”

“This time, I’m not going to just sit around. Tiffany is the victim here, and those bastards deserved it.”

“It’s true, Principal Kim. We have witnesses, and proofs.”Yul said while the others nodded to him.

“I have the video with me, sir.”Dennis said, holding up the video camera from last night.

“Very well, Tae. I’ll believe you and your friends.”

“Can I go now?”he said impatiently.

“Yes, you may leave. But all of you need to leave a written statement what you have witnessed, and the video too. The police will come and ask around, and I’ll need to be prepared.”

They all exit the Principal’s office and waited outside to write their statements. Taeng immediately snatched the video camera from Dennis and took out the memory card from it. He snapped it in half and threw it in a trash can.

“What the hell, Taeng?”Dennis was shocked.

“Did any of you see it?”he asked all of them. They shook their heads.

“No, we just want to keep it for proof. Now we lost it. Great, Taeng.”

“No one will get to see it, not even one soul. Not the principal, the police or even Tiffany herself. This video will haunt her. It should be destroyed.”

“But we need it, Taeng.”

“I agree with Taeng, Den. Statements from us are enough. We can’t let the video out for people to watch.”

“Fine. But you should tell me, before you do that.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter