The Waves

You're Not Sorry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N

hey guys, it's me. I guess you didn't like the last chapter i posted. Some of you said you're leaving. well, I can't stop you can I? Thanks for the support though. For the one who's staying, thank you, and let's stick together until the last episode. :) believe in Taeny guys. so, this new update is focused on Taeng and his past. more angst, I guess? enjoy.

Taeng was at the park, sitting in one of those cement tubes at the abandoned playground he used to come when he was a little boy. He went there to clear his mind, and also let his tears out. He was in a mess, his heart was trying it hard to deny everything he has just seen. That only makes it worse as the same images of his girlfriend kissing another guy kept playing on his mind.

He choked on his tears when he felt his heart clenched, his lungs tightened probably from crying too much. He couldn’t breathe properly and started having spasms. It felt like having a heart attack, the only difference is that the person having it was hoping that it would really stop. He would love if that happens, that he could just die and maybe having the pain in his heart stops.

His phone never stops ringing, he took it out and just watched the same name appeared on the caller id the past hours. His heart was having an argument again with his brain, whether he should pick it up. But he chose to follow what his brain thought of and maybe spared his heart. He put his phone aside and hugged his knees. He sat there, crying his heart out until there was no longer light present in the tube.

His phone rang again, the light from it blinded his eyes. He glanced at the caller ID and saw a different name this time. He sighed and picked it up before putting it to his ear.

“Hello?” He tried to sound as normal as he can.

“Where are you?”

“I’m out.”

“I know. Where?”

“What’s wrong, dad?”

“I should be asking you that.” His father sighed. “Your girlfriend’s looking for you, she’s worried sick. Why didn’t…”

“She’s not my girlfriend anymore.” He said through his gritted teeth.

“Since when?”

“Since I saw her tongue down some guy’s throat.”

“What are you talking about?”

“She cheated on me, Dad.”

“Are you sure? That doesn’t sound like her at all. She loves you.”

He scoffed. “Wow, nice way of showing that.”

His father heaved a sigh. Although Taeng was acting like he’s not affected, he knows that his son is in pain right now. Taeng was always good at hiding his feelings but he is after all his father’s son, and Mr. Kim knows whenever he was pretending or not.

“Come home, Tae.”

“Why?”

“We’ll talk about this.”

“There’s nothing to talk about, Dad. We broke up.”

“Are you sure you want this?”

“Of course. I don’t want to keep on dating a cheater.”

His father exhaled a breath. “Just come home first, please?”

Taeng could never disobey his father, so he just agreed. “I’ll be home in a moment.”

“Alright, I see you at home, son.”

“Bye.” He answered monotonously before crawling out of his hideout to go home.

 

***

 

“So, what do you want to talk about?” He sat on the office chair belonged in his father’s office. He crossed his arms and waited for his father to speak. “Please make it fast, I’m having a headache right now, and I want to sleep it off.”

“Take off that sunglass.”

Taeng grimaced before doing what his father told him to do. “Now what?” His eyes were swollen from all the crying he did earlier. He tried to hide it by avoiding his father’s eyes.

His father was not surprised to see Taeng’s red eyes. “Have you been crying?”

“No.” He tried to lie. “So what?”

“Don’t do this to yourself, Tae. You still love her.”

He scoffed. “Love? Why would I want to love her? She’s a liar, and a f’cking cheater.”

“Language, Tae.”

He kept his mouth shut after his father’s warning.

“Tiffany’s been calling everyone, asking where you are. That doesn’t sound like someone who cheats on you, does it?”

He sneered. “Don’t believe her act, dad. She’s good at lying. Take it from someone who has been fooled by her for months.”

Taeng’s father raised his eyebrow. “Did you even let her explain? Maybe she has some explanation for you.”

“Explain what?! I didn’t hear it from someone else!” He raised his voice. “I saw it with my own eyes! I saw them kissing.”

“She was probably…”

“Cut it, dad.” He said seriously. “Stop defending her.”

“I’m not defending her, Tae. I just find it hard to believe that she would do that to you. You guys were doing fine these past months. Almost a year now, isn’t it Tae?”

He laughed cynically. “Oh, come on, dad. Don’t act like you haven’t seen this kind of thing happened before.” He paused and looked straight into his father’s eyes. “Your wife cheated on you too. Even after years of marrying, s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter