The Remedy

You're Not Sorry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N

Hi! here's another update. sorry for the delay, since I've been caught up with a fic I was reading. :P anyway, enjoy this update.

 

 

Taeng ran frantically all over the hotel, looking for the woman earlier. He was so sure that it was the same woman from his past, the same woman who he used to be so in love with.

He saw her again, sitting by the pool with the same boy he bumped into, sitting on her lap. He walked closer and stood in front of her.

“Yes?”

Taeng didn’t respond instead he stared at her without blinking his eyes.

She raised her eyebrow at the lack of response from him. “You’re the guy from earlier? I’m sorry if he caused you any trouble.” The woman said apologetically. “Mister…ermm.?”

“Kim.”Taeng finally spoke after seeing her questioning eyes.

“Mister Kim, is there anything I can help you? You looked a bit lost? Did my son hurt you?”

Taeng shook his head. “No, he didn’t.”He broke into a bitter smile. “You did.”

“Excuse me?”The woman questioned suspiciously. She was starting to feel threatened by the guy standing in front of him.

“Honey!”Both Taeng and the woman turned their heads to the loudest voice. A sturdy man which looked like he was in his early 40’s waved to the woman casually. “Let’s go, I’m done with the check out.”

Taeng narrowed his eyes at the man before turning his attention back to the woman who was now on her feet, her little kid still in her arms.

For the first time in a while, Taeng saw it. The woman’s pure smile, and it was directed at the man who was also smiling back at her. He didn’t know why, but his heart was thumping painfully in his chest.

“There’s your dad, dear. Let’s go to him.” She talked softly to her little boy.

Taeng reached out to the woman, stopping her by her arm instantly.

She turned her head and frowned. “I’m sorry, Mister Kim. I have to leave now.”

The woman bowed politely and walked to her husband. She handed the boy to him and linked her arm with his strong one. The man leaned down a little to kiss her forehead and after that they left the pool area with each other.

Taeng’s heart shattered into million pieces. He couldn’t stand it seeing the complete and joyful family walked away from him. It was what he’d always wished for and wanted. The happy scene revealed in front of him stabbed him in the heart. He felt his world spinning as blurry images started to replay in his mind, he couldn’t feel his legs anymore, and dropped down to the ground.

 

“Don’t leave!” Taeng sat up immediately. He was sweating profusely and his heartbeats were rising unconditionally.

“Taeng!” Tiffany was at her side immediately. She hugged the shaking Taeng tightly, glad that he finally woke up after an hour of blacking out. “Are you okay?” She asked him when she saw him calming down.

“Excuse me, Miss Hwang.”

Tiffany took a step back and let the doctor examine the now conscious Taeng. She was actually heading to the front door to lead the doctor out of the house after making his check up on Taeng when he was still unconscious.

Taeng blinked his eyes at the familiar doctor that was now checking his pulse. “What happened?”

“You fainted, Tae.”

“Again?” He ruffled his hair.

“What do you mean again?” Tiffany questioned from behind the doctor.

Taeng looked at where the voice came from and saw Tiffany staring at him. “Oh, Fany. Forgot that you were here.” Taeng said casually.

“You scared me! You out on me all of a sudden.” Tiffany was looking very upset with how lightly her boyfriend was taking this.

 “Are you mad at me?” Taeng chuckled. “Come on, it’s not like I’m dead or anything.”

“Taeng…” Tiffany gave a glare. She didn’t like what he was saying.

 “What?” He challenged. “I’m still here aren’t I?”

“Why did you faint suddenly? You were talking to me, and then suddenly you’re talking about something else that I’m not quite sure of, and then you…” Tiffany could not finish her sentences. She buried her face in her palms frustratingly. “You scared the hell out of me.” She breathed out, still burying her face in her palms.

Taeng chortled, enjoying the panicking Tiffany. He was amused at the sight of his anxious girlfriend. “Come here.” He beckoned at her.

Tiffany lifted her head and shook it.

“You’re gonna make me walk there?” Taeng made an attempt to move from the bed but he was stopped immediately by his girlfriend.

“Don’t move.” Tiffany stopped him before he could make any move. She sat on the edge of the bed, her hands holding him down.

The doctor that was watching the scene tried his hard to hold his laugh but a chuckle managed to escape from his mouth. “This is quite a scene.”

Taeng smiled at the doctor before looking back at his girlfriend. “You should’ve come when I told you to.”

Tiffany pouted at him and crossed her arms.

“And now you’re not talking to me?”

She ignored her boyfriend’s question and turned her attention to the doctor. “Is he going to be okay?”

“With much rest that he needed, he’ll be fine in a few days.”

“Are you sure this is not going to happen again? You didn’t even check his blood or anything.”

The doctor smiled. “Like I told you, his body was overworked, and I assumed he didn’t get a proper sleep for days.” He added when he saw Tiffany was going to open again. “I assure you, Tae only need a good rest and also a break from his any stresses that he was getting at workplace.”

Taeng was also smiling when he saw his girlfriend’s worry of him. “I’ll be fine, Fany-ah.” He felt that he was once again her number one concern.

Tiffany bit her lips and glared at her boyfriend. “I told you to take care of yourself. You promised me.”

Taeng broke into a smile; he was glad that Tiffany was talking to him again.

“What are you smiling at?”

“You.”

“Why?”

“I just think it’s funny.”

“Do you think this is funny?”

“You’re talking about promises when you don’t even bother to keep yours.” Taeng said with a tinge of bitterness, nevertheless he managed to keep his smile.  He took a deep breath and continued. “Although, I appreciate your concern, I am fine, Fany. This was just a one small mishap.”

Tiffany bit her lips, noticing the hint that he was dropping to her. “I’m just worried about you.”

“And I don’t?” He replied instantly. “This is exactly what I felt when Yul told me about last night.”

Tiffany looked down almost immediately, feeling guilty of the trouble she had caused to her friends and her love.

The doctor cleared his throat awkwardly, sensing the scene that was about to happen. “I’ll call you for updates on your health.” He patted Taeng’s head softly and stood up from the bed. “I’ll take my leave now. Remember, Miss Hwang. Let him rest and don’t put any stress on him.”

Tiffany nodded lightly.

“Wait!” Taeng called. “You forgot something.”

“What?” The doctor turned and looked at Taeng.

His eyes were glaring at the doctor now. “What did I call you here for, Uncle?”

Tiffany’s eyebrows knotted together when she heard the friendly term Taeng was calling the doctor, disregarding the glares though.

“Oh.” The doctor understood at last and turned to Tiffany. “Sit, Miss Hwang. Let me see your knees.”

Tiffany followed his order and sat on the bed with her back to Taeng. He opened his briefcase and took out some tools to stitch up Tiffany’s wounds.

Tiffany could only gulp nervously seeing those tools that were brought out. But the nervousness left her when she felt warmth engulfing her from behind.

Taeng scooted closer to Tiffany and hugged her from the back, with his head on her shoulder. “Would it hurt?” He asked the question that was playing in Tiffany’s mind to the doctor. It seemed like he could read her mind.

“A little bit.”

Taeng frowned and held onto Tiffany tighter. Honestly, Tiffany was scared, she’s not really keen on bloods and also seeing her knees being sewn shut by the doctor sounds gory, but she can’t seem to tear her eyes from what the doctor was doing.

“Don’t look.” Taeng whispered in her ear and kissed her cheek lovingly. Tiffany turned her head when she felt the warm kiss on her cheek and their eyes met.

They shar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter